Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you say $800?

if you believe in Max Pain as a predictor of weekly close (which I perhaps have wrongly assumed you do since you keep posting the max pain graphs every week) - then it clearly is in the low $700s on that image currently.

(to be clear I don‘t put a lot of weight in Max Pain, especially on earnings weeks)
The call buying I mentioned tends to pull it up some. Max pain and how it changes can be useful, but it's only Monday on a pretty crazy week. So why not 800? It was headed that way earlier today.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Wow. This is nuts!

wonderful but weird - looking at the supercharger map on Teslas page doesn't show any superchargers west of Chengdu let alone close to Mount Everest .... I know Tesla is sometimes building SuCs that are not on the map yet, but it looks like wasteland here
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-19 um 07.50.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-19 um 07.56.51.png

Last edited:
Fair point. I would think a legal remedy would be available to him and his investor group, but I don't know. And the flipside of the coin is that Twitter is seeking an expedited trial because they believe they have not hidden anything material and want to enforce the deal. Get your popcorn ready. And maybe a little antacid.😬
Or, it may be about draining Elon as much as possible? Twitter: «Let’s have the trial before Q3 results», Elon: «After Q4 results is much better…».

My take is that Elon’s net value may differ significantly between these two points in time, in particular if Q2 results are played «correctly» by the market…

Anybody have more information regarding Elon uploading his brain to the cloud?

Starting to believe @Gigapress is the digital incarnation of Elon!

This reminded me to a period when we saw Elon appearing live at the court for his pedo tweet and we had Factchecking posting in this thread at the same time.
First time confirmation that FC wasn't Elon, despite all the rumours and articles (!!) written that FC was a pseudo account for Elon here on TMC.

Anybody have more information regarding Elon uploading his brain to the cloud?

This reminded me to a period when we saw Elon appearing live at the court for his pedo tweet and we had Factchecking posting in this thread at the same time.
First time confirmation that FC wasn't Elon, despite all the rumours and articles (!!) written that FC was a pseudo account for Elon here on TMC.

Lol. Just for the record so I don't start any rumors, my post was made completely in jest. I have 0% belief that @Gigapress is really Elon's digital clone. Guess I should have added the /s to the end of my post!

The ousting will be retirement so everyone saves face.

The things GM does continue to amaze.....I just saw this article and cannot figure out why would they need a FWD, RWD and AWD version. The argument for FWD goes away when you can package a motor under the rear of the car. Why have the turning wheels do double work. The main advantage of FWD for ICE cars is in packaging to avoid a drive shaft and rear differential. The extra traction was side benefit due to having the engine over the drive wheels.

My experience with my RWD Model 3 is that it has great traction in the snow. As good as any FWD car likely because of the instantaneous control of the motors and some weight bias over the rear wheels.

Even Ford and VW has figured out RWD is the best location in the single motor cars, (Mach e and ID4).

Well .. back in the younger days of my mother her first car was a VW beetle.
RWD.
In winter she had to pack 50-100kg of stuff (mostly just a package cement) into her frunk, so that the wheels in front would have ANY traction an you can steer in snow.

Many old engineers might have made similar things in there youth.. she would never buy a RWD in the fear that this hassle arrives again in winter.

Not every consumer is rational 😅

Oh they're all scum, I'm not defending CA. I'm just saying the aggression toward homeowners by utility-backed politicians is FAR worse in literally all the other SW states.

Just from a Tesla perspective, look at what was done in Nevada to railroad SolarCity into insolvency and set the entire residential industry back two years.

The Rive brothers were lured there in 2014/15 by the governor to build their global headquarters. The minute it's done Buffett tells the governor and state legislature to eliminate net metering in Nevada.

Literally a death blow for SolarCity, and I would argue the entire US marketplace has been stuck in the mud ever since.

Arizona. New Mexico. Florida. Tons of exples of states who simply pull the rug out by sabotaging even the possibility of going solar in their state. Pennsylvania was the same way until Tom Corbett was run out of office in disgrace.

I think you may be letting your political slant cloud your rage on this one. CA is middle of the pack when it comes to energy corruption. Top handful in crappy execution obviously.

But yet you neglect to acknowledge that after public backlash, the net metering status was reversed in Nevada back to the prior condition.

In regards to net metering, I can acknowledge that there is a bit of "unfairness" in using the grid as your own personal battery and expecting to pull back from it at night (when power plants are producing CO2) when you have fed in during the day. There is less (but still significant) environmental impact when you are using the grid as your "battery", you should have to pay a reasonable fee for your utilization of the poles+wires. But $144/mo is not reasonable, not by a long shot.

What's even more egregious is that these "connectivity" charges do not take into account battery storage. Last year I literally fed into the grid a total of about 1000 kwh (which I was compensated for a big fat 3.5c/kwh for "wholesale overage"), and pulled from it something like 200 kwh. That's in total for 12 months. I barely touched the grid for a house of my size and was 98% self-sufficient. Why the @#$% should I pay a high connectivity charge when I'm not utilizing the poles+wires?

And no - I'm not politically biased against CA on calling out their energy corruption. Anyone that has lived here (have you) in the past 7 years has seen this first-hand and watched with their mouths agape at what the CPUC is allowing these companies to get away with. The VAST majority of those that called the governor about the most recent crazy CPUC proposal were from his own party. You don't get literally hundreds of thousands of phone calls from your own party unless you are allowing someone to screw the pooch on your watch.

So, now this comment helps bring things back to OT....How does Tesla energy overcome all this corruption? Clearly, NONE of the constituents want this, but many municipalities have been steam rolled into anti-green/energy independent rules by some well payed lobbyists. I understand that this is very political, but this corruption opposes Tesla's energy mission and can potentially slow our PV/storage adoption rate.

I like Tesla Energy's approach. We all know that the spot market for power rates fluctuates on a per minute basis. Tesla is paying their customers to tap into that power and sell it back to the utilities when the spot rate is high, and paying their customers handsomely.

Virtual Power Plant - Tesla wins, the environment wins, the powerwall owners win. It's great, for everyone. Except for the greedy utilities.

I just don't understand this, if Twitter forces the acquisition then Elon will have access to everything. At that point could he sue and undo the deal because of fraud? (Assuming that there has been fraud.)

Good luck getting the funds back from shareholders (hundreds of thousands of them) once the deal is done and payout is completed. That clawback would be impossible.

I just don't understand this, if Twitter forces the acquisition then Elon will have access to everything. At that point could he sue and undo the deal because of fraud? (Assuming that there has been fraud.)
How exactly would this work? I think if you pay $44 billion to millions? of Twitter share holders wouldn't it be expected that some of them had spent their money long before Elon could get it back via a court.

Or could he sue immediately and the money be put in some kind of escrow?

Edit: Not sure how I missed the post just above.

How exactly would this work? I think if you pay $44 billion to millions? of Twitter share holders wouldn't it be expected that some of them had spent their money long before Elon could get it back via a court.

Or could he sue immediately and the money be put in some kind of escrow?

Edit: Not sure how I missed the post just above.

Still think twitter discussion ought go here:

But speaking broadly there's a famous case where there was explicit fraud found post merger in the HP-Autonomy deal.

Billions were sued for, successfully, by suing the specific execs who engaged in the fraud (and criminal charges remain pending as well)

Note this involved massive financial fraud (like selling one cheap thing but listing it on the books as a different much more profitable thing for a significant % of the business)- something there's been 0 evidence of in this case.

In this case though since the board holds vastly less ownership than in that case it's far less likely- if there was any actual fraud, of which again there has been zero evidence shown, just a lot of people misunderstanding what twitter actually wrote in the SEC disclosures that there'd be billions to recover from those involved. But in theory if such a thing existed you could sue the people actually directly involved for some $ damages.

Then-former-general shareholders wouldn't be on the hook for fraud they had no knowledge of or involvement in....nor could the deal be reversed by forcing all those general shareholders to re-buy their shares of what post-deal wouldn't even be a public company anymore.

I will eat ... something ... if Tesla produces more than a 500k Cybertrucks per year by 2025. So largely irrelevant to the discussion. As is the Roadster.
1658232065888.png

With 370K CT's delivered, base price alone should provide more than a 10% increase in total profits in 2025. With FSD and extras, probably more than 15% (assuming no robotaxi service being started in 2023 or 2024)

wonderful but weird - looking at the supercharger map on Teslas page doesn't show any superchargers west of Chengdu let alone close to Mount Everest .... I know Tesla is sometimes building SuCs that are not on the map yet, but it looks like wasteland here
View attachment 830089

View attachment 830093
Just look at the Supercharger icons shown in the video. The Supercharger in Lhasa is connected to the entire China network now. It's hard to believe, but they did it. I understand that most of them may be solar powered, partly because the grid does not cover large parts of the mountainous areas.
The link above can help. Depending on the route choice one can have Superchargers all the way or hotel Destination chargers.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: 30seconds and GOVA
I want to clear this up.

1) I’m not Elon, just a retired, TMC-addicted engineer who likes having some 420 and then writing about Tesla and sustainable energy in a place where I can get good feedback and learn new stuff and fix the mistakes in my analysis.

2) FactChecking actually was Elon posting here. Don’t ask me how I know, because I couldn’t tell you. I don’t even know how I know. Posting during the trial was clearly a gambit to throw everyone off the trail and the ruse succeeded. Probably Elon gave the account credentials to a trusted person or wrote a script to send the posts automatically while he was in court. FactChecking left because REDACTED

Well .. back in the younger days of my mother her first car was a VW beetle.
RWD.
In winter she had to pack 50-100kg of stuff (mostly just a package cement) into her frunk, so that the wheels in front would have ANY traction an you can steer in snow.

Many old engineers might have made similar things in there youth.. she would never buy a RWD in the fear that this hassle arrives again in winter.

Not every consumer is rational 😅

Americans are so fat we don't have this worry.

2) FactChecking actually was Elon posting here. Don’t ask me how I know, because I couldn’t tell you. I don’t even know how I know. Posting during the trial was clearly a gambit to throw everyone off the trail and the ruse succeeded. Probably Elon gave the account credentials to a trusted person or wrote a script to send the posts automatically while he was in court. FactChecking left because REDACTED

No '/s'? Then does this mean that @facts_tesla (whom I believe admitted to someone here on TMC that he was FactChecking) is Elon as well?!?!