Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bear market is officially over.

View attachment 852425
1663180430744.png

As a non-native english speaker, I share your concern about not understanding moderator messages. It would be helpful if those messages were written in clear plain simple English. Not only for the non-native English speakers, but also for the native speakers.
I’ve made this same remark many years ago on this forum, but nothing changed.

I am reminded of when I lived in Sweden we would hang out with an assortment of Europeans so English was used. Everyone was pleased to practice their English.

Then entered a Scotsman with a thick accent. The rest of the group listened with horrified facial expressions, then turned to me, their eyes begging for help.

So what did he say?

The Moderator said The Usual Suspects is his favorite film of all time and he hates Maths.

Detroit auto show is a joke, right?...Tesla surely isn't part of America :oops:
Corvettes, jeep, caddy...mostly GM auto show? Mary did do it I guess.
union, union, union, blah blah ...wtf is this? perhaps Detroit is hurting?. any Bets that Tesla doesn't get mentioned ever? (unless I missed it)
..guess it makes sense since this is a UAW / GM show more than anything else. = lobby $ I presume

Out of Tesla, GM, Ford, and Chrysler, Tesla is the only one that makes more cars in the US than they sell in the US.

Exactly. Germany does what's in its own interest.

Sometimes that's putting their thumb on the scale for VW. Sometimes it's delaying tank deliveries to Ukraine and letting the US military industrial complex happily fill the gap.

Also sometimes it's taking the initiative to scale wind and solar technology globally inside of a decade.

I think Tesla fans will find Berlin is right up there with Shanghai 3 years from now as Germany ramps their effort to be 100% renewables inside of 8 years.

Also sometimes it’s shutting down your zero carbon nuclear plants in favor of gas imports from a fascist dictatorship. 🤡

With the market heading for a re-test of 11.6/3900... Tesla could give up nearly all of its gain and still be outperforming, by far.
I continue to see signs of growth/risk stocks holding up and/or outperforming again today. Decent chance I'll be wrong, but it is definitely feeling like the market is continuing with the reallocation back into growth/risk and that yesterday (and today) has been a chance to dump "value" in favor of growth/risk. So the macro market could see some chop around this area while growth stocks continue to outperform.

I continue to be dumbfound by those predicting another massive leg down in the market, ala 2008-2009. There has to be something on the level of another Lehman's brother/financial crisis that comes out of nowhere to cause that next leg down. The Fed, inflation, etc....are already known items, more than priced into the valuation of the market at this point.

And I think those thinking Taiwan/China will be that "event" are being rather foolish considering the aftermath of Ukraine/Russia.

Last edited:
union, union, union, blah blah ...wtf is this? perhaps Detroit is hurting?. any Bets that Tesla doesn't get mentioned ever? (unless I missed it)
..guess it makes sense since this is a UAW / GM show more than anything else. = lobby $ I presume
After the president's hyper-UAW speech this afternoon at the Detroit Auto Show, I wrote the following comment to the White House website. Others may want to do the same:

If you believe that the crooked UAW is vital to fight the past and potential injustices of the Detroit automakers, then publicly applaud the newer American automakers such as Tesla, who treat their workers so well that those workers choose not to become part of a union.

White House - Contact Form

Weird: Schwab reported wrong balance delta (daily NEGATIVE, while they were POSITIVE otherwise all day long, for all my accounts - I noticed as it was all RED ) for about 15 seconds at around 3:26pm today 22 09 14 - just when it looks like there was a superspike manip downwards

Edit: details added

Anybody (esp with more granular data) noticed similar anomalies?

FIN.SCHWB.Yahoo.220914.15.27a.jpg

Last edited:
After the president's hyper-UAW speech this afternoon at the Detroit Auto Show, I wrote the following comment to the White House website. Others may want to do the same:

If you believe that the crooked UAW is vital to fight the past and potential injustices of the Detroit automakers, then publicly applaud the newer American automakers such as Tesla, who treat their workers so well that those workers choose not to become part of a union.

White House - Contact Form
Thanks for the link Curt, just send a message myself!

Musk always has his reasons.
He seems to like the chair price between six and $900. I would be surprised if that wasn’t a factor in the recent split.
With energy taking off, might be predictable for what the next split ratio will be in two years.
Maybe 5:1 - 8:1, not to count chickens before they hatch
I saw a cool Youtube video that takes the "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" one step further in terms of pessimism.
"In Russia/Ukraine we do not count our chickens till in the Fall."

As a non-native english speaker, I share your concern about not understanding moderator messages. It would be helpful if those messages were written in clear plain simple English. Not only for the non-native English speakers, but also for the native speakers.
I’ve made this same remark many years ago on this forum, but nothing changed.
Just so you two know, Some of that was definitelty NOT English. It Spawned in his mind from some history and e e cummings. (That e e reference will make you even more confused unless you look him up.)

Last edited:
I tend to agree.

I think he's making a lot of the right moves, but many of them are too little, too late. It just feels like he is the only leader of a legacy auto company making remotely smart moves. (After Diess got canned anyhow)

Also, it's not just going to be Fed rates which will crush Ford finance. I strongly suspect the price of used ICE vehicles is going to start to cave in. When that happens, companies with big inventories of ICE vehicles locked up in lease portfolios are going to get smashed. It's going to be a huge, slow motion train wreck as year after year they have to write down inventory losses on lease returns.
I still predict Dec 2023 will be last month that a new ICE vehicle will be it’s own collateral for any new buyer who has to finance the purchase.

Today we see a nice reversal of yesterday's drop, but let me remind everyone that this Friday is a quarterly option expiry date (aka "triple witching"), with an open interest graph that suggests MMs would very much like to close the week below $300 price:
View attachment 852466

We shall see if there is enough buying interest in this rally to outwit the wishes and manipulative powers of the MMs.
Of course, we have seen lots of weeks when MMs could not hold the line, but on these quarterly expiry dates they have stronger incentive to fight.
Max pain for next week is almost $292 so could be $300+ by the 23rd.

I am just quoting you post because it gave me the trigger that this ant needed to exclaim:
Perhaps Biden (ants are Social/Royalists so we are not on the Donkey or Elephant Spectrum), is doing some amazing politicking? He strokes Mary and the UAW with lavish praise in the public arena. But looking at the legislation he is championing it is clear that Tesla is going to get more of the pork pie than all the Union Auto workers companies will receive.
The Unions will vote for Biden even though Tesla gets the real $upport.

I was this kid back in grade twelve studying for a calculus exam. Although I studied hard, still had trouble with the application of the formulaes and putting all the pieces together to answer complex questions. Then I bumped into a friend who had gotten ahold of the exam questions in advance and shared them with me. Needless to say I aced the exam.

You TMC guys/gals are my friends and I already know I am going to ace my financial performance over the next several years thanks to your knowledge sharing of the answers in advance. Much thanks.