Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MODERATORS HAVE LONG ANNOUNCED not to pollute this thread with inane posts about specific numbers. That Usual Suspects have continued not only to violate same, BUT even use the same idiotic memes to do so, brings to question whether they ought to be handling their own investments, let alone joining a Roundtable devoted to the same.
So as many such posts as I have been able to discern this morning have been……altered.

Cut it out, all of you.

The biggest problem with what Musk said is it made him sound stupid. Any reasonable person know that in April of 2020...

Musk wrote his tweet on March 19, 2020, not at the end of April. Hindsight is only granted to the bystanders, not the players. Elon acted on best available info, just like he always does.

Musk wrote his tweet on March 19, 2020, not at the end of April. Hindsight is only granted to the bystanders, not the players. Elon acted on best available info, just like he always does.
Everyone knew that "best avaliable info" was trash and couldn't understand how such a brilliant man would use that info. Most people didn't think what he said was right and everyone had access to the same info.

In other relevant EV news:

1663175729049.png

Tesla Semi will be an absolute game changer :)

Everyone knew that "best avaliable info" was trash and couldn't understand how such a brilliant man would use that info. Most people didn't think what he said was right and everyone had access to the same info.
Please move this discussion to a different thread. I don't see how this currently affects our finances.

Today we see a nice reversal of yesterday's drop, but let me remind everyone that this Friday is a quarterly option expiry date (aka "triple witching"), with an open interest graph that suggests MMs would very much like to close the week below $300 price:
1663176189740.png

We shall see if there is enough buying interest in this rally to outwit the wishes and manipulative powers of the MMs.
Of course, we have seen lots of weeks when MMs could not hold the line, but on these quarterly expiry dates they have stronger incentive to fight.

Please move this discussion to a different thread. I don't see how this currently affects our finances.
Tesla was adored by the people who vote democrat until this tweet. This tweet was ground zero. Though you're right, debating what Musk was thinking or why he tweeted this is frivolous. However it is important to understand why this tweet was ground zero and caused massive amount of attack he has received afterwards and have actively imo hurt Tesla as a brand.

Of course, as soon as I posted this volume dried up considerably 🥴
Welp, I'm expecting to be disappointed by the 2nd half of today.

Yes, even if TSLA gives back half of its gains today it would still be outperforming it's beta. I'll gladly take it. But still disappointing to see such a promising start of the day in terms of volume give way to the same old anemic volume. The difference in volume leading up to 11:50 am EST and then after 11:50 am ETS is night and day :rolleyes:

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
MODERATOR-ALTERED POST

I’ve been alerted that posters neither see a précis as to why a post is deleted, nor even by which Mod. Assuming this is so - we baklava-munchers high atop Mt. Olympus mightn’t be aware of all occurring to hoi polloi - then this morning what is turning to smoke on the Altar of OnTopicness can be discerned by by their color, as well as the identical alteration of the post.

With that, today‘s message is: NO more numerology. Ox entrails are less mind-stultifying, as well as less inaccurate.
Fair enough, it was a joke, I do not understand what you write here but then again I am not native to your language - I do believe I got the message though, thank you.

Musk always has his reasons.
He seems to like the chair price between six and $900. I would be surprised if that wasn’t a factor in the recent split.
With energy taking off, might be predictable for what the next split ratio will be in two years.
Maybe 5:1 - 8:1, not to count chickens before they hatch

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Rammstein
Today we see a nice reversal of yesterday's drop, but let me remind everyone that this Friday is a quarterly option expiry date (aka "triple witching"), with an open interest graph that suggests MMs would very much like to close the week below $300 price:
View attachment 852466

We shall see if there is enough buying interest in this rally to outwit the wishes and manipulative powers of the MMs.
Of course, we have seen lots of weeks when MMs could not hold the line, but on these quarterly expiry dates they have stronger incentive to fight.

It's also quarterly rebalancing for indices. So, $300 may not hold.

Point is - anyone's guess where things may settle come Friday.

It's also quarterly rebalancing for indices. So, $300 may not hold.

Point is - anyone's guess where things may settle come Friday.
$300 just may not hold in general with the wider market fluctuation. The market bears are near a key level and another test (of a few) of that level could end up breaking it. Tesla has been incredibly strong in the face of the weakness here, but if the wider market breaks, that strength can typically only go so far.

Detroit auto show is a joke, right?...Tesla surely isn't part of America :oops:
Corvettes, jeep, caddy...mostly GM auto show? Mary did do it I guess.
union, union, union, blah blah ...wtf is this? perhaps Detroit is hurting?. any Bets that Tesla doesn't get mentioned ever? (unless I missed it)
..guess it makes sense since this is a UAW / GM show more than anything else. = lobby $ I presume

Last edited:
Musk shows a disturbing tendency to have very poor sources of information in areas about which he knows nothing. At the time it was only wishful thinkers and people with an agenda who were pretending that COVID wasn't about to get very bad. Musk was apparently listening to them rather than anybody who knew what was going on.

So no, not "best available info" by any stretch of the imagination.

Fair enough, it was a joke, I do not understand what you write here but then again I am not native to your language - I do believe I got the message though, thank you.

As a non-native english speaker, I share your concern about not understanding moderator messages. It would be helpful if those messages were written in clear plain simple English. Not only for the non-native English speakers, but also for the native speakers.
I’ve made this same remark many years ago on this forum, but nothing changed.

Welp, I'm expecting to be disappointed by the 2nd half of today.

Yes, even if TSLA gives back half of its gains today it would still be outperforming it's beta. I'll gladly take it. But still disappointing to see such a promising start of the day in terms of volume give way to the same old anemic volume. The difference in volume leading up to 11:50 am EST and then after 11:50 am ETS is night and day :rolleyes:
With the market heading for a re-test of 11.6/3900... Tesla could give up nearly all of its gain and still be outperforming, by far.

As a non-native english speaker, I share your concern about not understanding moderator messages. It would be helpful if those messages were written in clear plain simple English. Not only for the non-native English speakers, but also for the native speakers.
I’ve made this same remark many years ago on this forum, but nothing changed.
I agree...the "wordsmithing" is at least as irritating as numerology.