Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At risk of spoilers, all of it (and more) is just one really long series.

3? But... yeah, ok, THAT would be a spoiler...

I honestly don't even know why you are arguing. I am explaining the psychology of hate for Tesla induced by arrogant behavior from people who not only relentlessly defend Tesla but also put down others in the process. This is a natural occurrence and it's definitely not Tesla specific. Everything that ever existed has people who defends it to the death, and people who takes the contrarian viewpoint. So people who are frustrated by all the hate on twitter or reddit just know that it's expected and why it should be expected.

Hate from these people comes from a place of "good intentions" because people never see themselves as evil or mean.

I'll give you an example.

Apple launches the 5.5 inch screen phone 2 years after their competitors. This is fine until some people say "apple leading the way, changing the world". This statement will trigger most android users instantly as they see this statement to be hilariously wrong. Are there people who would say such a thing because they live in their apple bubble and never looked at anything else? Absolutely...and this is why Tesla gets the same type of "hate". It's not within, it's due to critics frustrated at fanboys not looking at anything else or dismissing everything else as inferior. It's the behavior of arrogance that generated the hate from the other side.
Perhaps your definition of ‘hate’ is different than mine. I see no reason to be hateful in that situation.

I honestly don't even know why you are arguing. I am explaining the psychology of hate for Tesla induced by arrogant behavior from people who not only relentlessly defend Tesla but also put down others in the process. This is a natural occurrence and it's definitely not Tesla specific. Everything that ever existed has people who defends it to the death, and people who takes the contrarian viewpoint. So people who are frustrated by all the hate on twitter or reddit just know that it's expected and why it should be expected.
What? That doesn’t even make sense. That isn’t the psychology of hate, that’s the psychology of blaming someone or something else for one’s hate.

You know what I do when someone wants to die defending something or someone that I don’t agree with? I let them die on that hill all by themselves. No hate from me. Have at it. I’ll just stand over here and watch from the sidelines.

What? That doesn’t even make sense. That isn’t the psychology of hate, that’s the psychology of blaming someone or something else for one’s hate.

You know what I do when someone wants to die defending something or someone that I don’t agree with? I let them die on that hill all by themselves. No hate from me. Have at it. I’ll just stand over here and watch from the sidelines.
Like I said, it only seems like hate because you are defending it relentlessly. The other person is trying to help you(as in they have no bad intentions) by trying to talk some sense into you.

Example.

Elon and Tesla fans are dying on the no Lidar hill according to some people.
These people relentlessly post contrarian views with articles, demonstrations of other systems, etc etc trying to change your mind. You don't share that view, so you see it as the person just hating and not giving it a chance.

At the end of the day it is not actual hate, it's just debate with good intentions. However through a biased lens, you may see it as just hate because that's just how much you want to die on that hill.

I mean- your own link proves my point down near the end of it :)

That said- the bot is an insanely long way from the degree of AI that'd be required to implement any of the original laws, let alone the extra one.

Even the vastly smarter "legit sentient" ones of Asimov could be tricked by a clever enough person (even easier to get them to do harm if there's 2 of em)

Last edited:
Reactions: kbM3
Right, people like Dan ODowd, just full of good intentions.
I am just saying we Tesla shareholders are biased and quickly dismiss any contrarian views as hate. Many are just sharing their opinions with good intentions, some are hateful, some are in it for monetary gains. And the more arrogant fan boys become, the more of all of these people exist.

Dan wouldn't be running a campaign against Tesla and Elon if both are universally loved. He has an audience and see to gain from it because there are haters created everyday from Elon's polarizing view and fanboys having louder and louder voices.

Like I said, it only seems like hate because you are defending it relentlessly. The other person is trying to help you(as in they have no bad intentions) by trying to talk some sense into you.

Example.

Elon and Tesla fans are dying on the no Lidar hill according to some people.
These people relentlessly post contrarian views with articles, demonstrations of other systems, etc etc trying to change your mind. You don't share that view, so you see it as the person just hating and not giving it a chance.

At the end of the day it is not actual hate, it's just debate with good intentions. However through a biased lens, you may see it as just hate because that's just how much you want to die on that hill.
Usually your posts are insightful. In this particular sub thread you are just being painfully irritating.

No. People liking a thing does not necessitate there being haters. That’s just pettiness.

Lots of die hard fans of Toyota, GM, Ford, on down the road. I don’t hate them, nobody does. There are piles and piles of things with big fan bases but few actual haters. Linux for example has some huge fan boys, but gets very little hate. Many of them are toxic, but it doesn’t taint the Linux “Brand”.

This whole narrative of yours is off the rails. Like a backwards justification for obnoxious behavior.

Keep in mind that the nation with the most native speakers of English is- India.
What do you mean by "native speakers"? There are very, very, very few Indians whose native language (that is, the mother tongue) is English. Their number is extremely small and would be nowhere near the "most" in the world. Most people in India who speak English have a different native Indian language as their mother tongue, and they learnt English at school and through media.

Usually your posts are insightful. In this particular sub thread you are just being painfully irritating.

No. People liking a thing does not necessitate there being haters. That’s just pettiness.

Lots of die hard fans of Toyota, GM, Ford, on down the road. I don’t hate them, nobody does. There are piles and piles of things with big fan bases but few actual haters. Linux for example has some huge fan boys, but gets very little hate. Many of them are toxic, but it doesn’t taint the Linux “Brand”.

This whole narrative of yours is off the rails. Like a backwards justification for obnoxious behavior.
You know that picture of a Tesla owner with a license plate that says "Eww gas" while getting gas before the Hurricane? It is shared by many of my FB friends. This is what I am talking about. The type of arrogance as if everyone who uses gas are disgusting that produces negativity toward the brand or people who buy EVs. Its fine to like your thing, but don't shame others, put others down, or shove your opinion down others while loving your product.

You know that picture of a Tesla owner with a license plate that says "Eww gas" while getting gas before the Hurricane? It is shared by many of my FB friends. This is what I am talking about. The type of arrogance as if everyone who uses gas are disgusting that produces negativity toward the brand or people who buy EVs. Its fine to like your thing, but don't shame others, put others down, or shove your opinion down others while loving your product.
Yet again almost nobody hating on Linux.

And Linux nerds are some of the most arrogant AH around.

The one has nothing to do with the other. BMW owners are notoriously arrogant and yet aside from a little disdain and a bad reputation you don’t have people going around trashing BMW the way they get worked up about Tesla. Your “Logic” is just broken.

Lots of die hard fans of Toyota, GM, Ford, on down the road. I don’t hate them, nobody does.

C'mon down to the south- you'll find bar fights of Ford owners who hate GM owners and vice versa.

Heck there's posts in this thread hating on GM over and over and over again for things like LEADING THE INDUSTRY (in press releases) or the abomination that is the GM EV hummer.

Same with folks right here hating on Toyota for all their anti-BEV/pro-hydrogen efforts

It's deserved, but it's exactly the sort of hate you're insisting "nobody" does- and even folks right here do it.

I'm not even sure what this original debate was about- but the claim "nobody" hates those other brands just ain't so.

It gets vastly less press- because there's not much money in it. But it's hardly rare let alone non-existant.

A100 and H100 obviously scale or else Tesla wouldn't order 16000 A100 if it doesn't scale. The question to ask is will the NN become so big that it will eventually hit hard bottlenecks using Nvidia's hardware where the gains you get from DOJO is like 100x or 1000x vs 4-5x? The H100 has many interconnects that are also very high speed, more so than last generation.

Every thing is relative.

The A100 scales better than the AMD chips in my desktop PC. So yes, Tesla ordered a bunch.

That doesn't mean they scale as well as DOJO.

Did you not watch last nights presentation and see where they said the scaling didn't work with the old system like it did with DOJO? That's only 64 accelerators and they want to use tens of thousands. An example showed using 8,750 but more can be used.

They went down this path before H100 became available, they also haven't hit the limits of this path. They may continue to improve and can always iterate to a new DOJO chip rev that fits in their own socket if needed.

I find it hard to beleive that they would need to give up on DOJO and go back to buying more NVIDIA cabinets.

1664658797819.png

1664658926439.png

1664659034448.png

1664659124460.png