Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this isn't exact. Not new but interesting.

Ron - invest $7B for a plant. Make 15B/year...who does that?

Ron - How do you intend to make cars for $20k a pop? The way Ron asked it seemed like he knows about cars to come and Elon kind of ran over him to stop him.
Elon - We do expect to make cars that are more affordable than model 3-Y. Cannot announce now.

So essentially nothing.

Live at the Met, full house, Baron Funds conference, using also Geffen Hall for overflow. Elon is repeating well known (for us) info.. actually a lot of the audience probably is hearing this for the first time. Good fin from both Baron and Elon.
" I should be careful here, I have enough enemies.." responding to Ron Baron question about NASA's..

Moving on to Twitter..
IMG_20221104_110502088_HDR.jpg

Ron - "Being jewish how do you prevent this anti semi....how do you prevent use of the N word"

"It is not ok to engage in hateful conduct on Twitter" - Elon
"We have had targeted attacks with hate speech but it has been taken down immediately."
"get as many reg users to subscribe...the point is to make crime not pay. Right now to create a bot on twitter is free. If the risk is losing $8 it'll be less....consider thousands of bots. piggyback off Apple verification system. verified will be at the top of comments/search/etc. Will have to scroll down far to see the bots/scams. Make it like Google search. You never really go past page 1. The crap gets pushed all the way down"

Elon - "Going to execute the X.com gameplan from 22 years ago for Twitter. The plan would make a better PayPal, the worlds most valuable financial company."
"who would stay on the platform if there is all the hate and racism? The goal is to get 80% of the public, maybe not far left or far right onto Twitter and make it public town square."

An audience member asked why anyone should invest in Tesla when Mercedes who are now making EVs trade at 6x sales while Tesla is 70X sales.

Elon's answer was along the line of

1. I never try to convince anyone to invest into Tesla
2. I have been saying stock is too high but people ignores me and buy Tesla anyways for whatever reason.
3. Then talks about autonomy+optimus being the driver for future valuations

Market may have an reaction to what Elon said here as the stock went straight line down more than macro.