Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I prefer not to do my investing research on Tiktok. In fact I don't use Tiktok at all. What do I care if some users on that social media platform hate Elon? What relevance does that have to the financial fundamentals of Tesla? 🤔

Yes and no.(I think it's complicated)

I am coining this formula ... ;)

Elon = Tesla = Brand Value

E = TB (squared) ;)

(personal ... one family member thought Elon was the pedo guy, another asked why i am still supporting Elon by buying a Tesla , given my leanings)

Others here talk about getting margin called. I don't use margin, but managing for a huge impending tax bill next year is basically as bad or worse.
Advice: I beg of you all not to use margin. Yeah this stinks but we all know where this company is going. How many of us were wishing we bought more when the stock was higher. Now's our chance. If we're being real with ourselves the stock did get ahead of itself, just as many did, over the last few years. But that doesn't mean this company isn't going to be $10T at some point with a 16 P/E. At night I sleep like a baby because I know that if there is a disaster and the stock goes to $20 without changed fundamentals all that is is a massive buying opportunity. Consider the .com bubble. Amazon and others had a massive pullback but in the long run went 100x their previous ATH. Remember "Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered". Don't be greedy. Don't lever up or buy shares you cannot afford. If the market swings to the downside as hard as it swung to the upside we have a long way to go until the bottom. Love you all.

Advice: I beg of you all not to use margin. Yeah this stinks but we all know where this company is going. How many of us were wishing we bought more when the stock was higher. Now's our chance. If we're being real with ourselves the stock did get ahead of itself, just as many did, over the last few years. But that doesn't mean this company isn't going to be $10T at some point with a 16 P/E. At night I sleep like a baby because I know that if there is a disaster and the stock goes to $20 without changed fundamentals all that is is a massive buying opportunity. Consider the .com bubble. Amazon and others had a massive pullback but in the long run went 100x their previous ATH. Remember "Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered". Don't be greedy. Don't lever up or buy shares you cannot afford. If the market swings to the downside as hard as it swung to the upside we have a long way to go until the bottom. Love you all.
You know that saying is for the greedy who don’t take profit right? We are the pigs here who didn’t take profit at 1200 lol. Even Elon took some.

Love the consistency

Elon Musk in April: "For Twitter to deserve public trust, it must be politically neutral." Elon Musk on Monday: "I recommend voting for a Republican Congress."

Certainly no downside possible for Tesla, right?

But if it gets down to $175, I plan on selling shares to buy some conservative Jan 2025 LEAPs. Only downside I see is if we trade sideways for the 2+ years, which seems unlikely for a company growing at 50% per year. Of course,, you never know, not trading advice, ya da ya da...

You (everyone) should look at Tiktok where I see lots of different vids on this topic with 10k + likes on how they hate Elon now. All because of a social media platform.

People - don't stick your head in the sand on this one.....

Tik tok should’ve been banned two years ago. It’s quite literally malware designed to destabilize us.