Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don’t think the Wall Street firms have a few data scientists working for them? Anybody who has access to time & sales and a few automated tools can probably get an alert everytime there is a pattern from Elon selling. And then you go heavy on puts while already having a short position.

The problem with this theory is that there were numerous reports of unusually large put options trade BEFORE any selling by Elon occurred. I'm saying that an insider with knowledge of Elon's plans may be committing insider trading violations.

These sales were done by Elon's trust. It wasn't him clicking sell. His Broker however is of dubious trustworthiness.

Shocker. Their crime buddies have loaded up for cheap. Lower level has been reached. Now, all are allowed to load up on stonk.
E4FF72B9-233C-4A30-B605-204F6ABF61D1.gif

The problem with this theory is that there were numerous reports of unusually large put options trade BEFORE any selling by Elon occurred. I'm saying that an insider with knowledge of Elon's plans may be committing insider trading violations.

These sales were done by Elon's trust. It wasn't him clicking sell. His Broker however is of dubious trustworthiness.
Appreciate the clarification. Maybe the same insiders put out the Bloomberg article just so they are covered in case there is an investigation.

Shocker. Their crime buddies have loaded up for cheap. Lower level has been reached. Now, all are allowed to load up on stonk.
Several of our regulars here have posted about how those crime buddies have been loading up for cheap everytime the sp has gone down a few percent since the stock was at $400. Their loses should be at around 50% now. Doesn't seem like that smart a plan.

The front runners are going to have a field day tomorrow if we don't get any messaging from Elon that he's done selling for the time being. Which he may not be, obviously.
Even if he says hes done, nobody is going to believe him for longer than 2 weeks. It takes true grit, for bad reasons, to buy and hold TSLA at this point.

And you believe dumping 10m shares on the open market in a single day will go completely under the radar, not attackting WS sharks to jump on it.

Little point in continuing to talk past each other. We fundamentally disagree on who's the bad actor in this drama. Elon wanted to take Tesla private. That would have been a better outcome for many here.

Little point in continuing to talk past each other. We fundamentally disagree on who's the bad actor in this drama. Elon wanted to take Tesla private. That would have been a better outcome for many here.
What about ordinary investors outside of this board who just want to make an earnest investment in TSLA but got kicked in the face by this incessant stress? This is NOT a normal behavior. Many have had to cut their losses just because they are not among the inner circle cultists and/or zen masters. Can you blame them? I cant but you probably can.

Yes I know Elon risked it all and gave it all but we all work hard in our own life to the limit permitted by our own intellects and physiques. How about trying to look at things through the lense of an ordinary person trying to make it? Not everyone is given a pamphlet that says “If you are not willing to endure battles against the establishment and management’s frequent dumping, dont buy our stock” the moment they hit Buy.

Last edited:
Elon’s own team was probably buying puts before dumping stock to benefit from the decline in stock price

Not sure if that’s a legit strategy but

Moderator edit: I am not going to ban this poster, nor even delete this execrable post. Rather, I am going to leave it up as an example of the kind of drivel both ridiculous, ignorant* and time-wasting that had better not continue in this thread.

* Immediately below, poster admits he knows nothing about options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite an allegation. Got anything to back that up?
Is that an allegation? I know almost nothing about options.

Buying puts means you benefit from a decline in stock price right? If you’re dumping a bunch of stock and know it will be substantial enough to move the price, could you front-run it with puts to offset the decline?

Like I said I don’t know if this strategy would even work, just connecting dots with Artful Dodger pointing out a spike of put activity before the stock sales even happened

What about ordinary investors outside of this board who just want to make an earnest investment in TSLA but got kicked in the face by this incessant stress? This is NOT a normal behavior. Many have had to cut their losses just because they are not among the inner circle cultists and/or zen masters. Can you blame them? I cant but you probably can.
Thanks for pretending to know what I think. This is why you'll do well. /s

Yes I know Elon risked it all and gave it all but we all work hard in our own life to the limit permitted by our own intellects and physiques. How about trying to look at things through the lense of an ordinary person trying to make it? Not everyone is given a pamphlet that says “If you are not willing to endure battles against the establishment and management’s frequent dumping, dont buy our stock” the moment they hit Buy.

Elon's actual advice was a fair bit simpler than your embellishment:

"If people are concerned about volatility, they should not buy our stock"​
Elon Musk, Tesla earnings call, May 3, 2018​

I think that's plain enough for an ordinary adult to understand.

TSLA up +827% since that day in 2018. Bonus points: find the day on this chart when Citadel Capital became an Options market maker for TSLA stock (hint: look at the volume spikes)

sc.TSLA.volatility.since.2018-05-03.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks for pretending to know what I think. This is why you'll do well. /s

Elon's actual advice was a fair bit simpler than your embellishment:

"If people are concerned about volatility, they should not buy our stock"​
Elon Musk, Tesla earnings call, May 3, 2018​

I think that's plain enough for an ordinary adult to understand.

TSLA up +827% since that day in 2018. Bonus points: find the day on this chart when Citadel Capital became an Options market maker for TSLA stock (hint: look at the volume spikes)

View attachment 885230

Cheers!
Thats like saying “dont date me if you cant handle late nights.” Well its one thing if those late nights are spent waiting for you to finish up at work but its another if you have someone else. When people think about volatility they dont think its mostly caused by the CEO.

When I first heard that warning I was in awe, thinking its gonna be me and Elon vs the world but now its turned out to be me vs Elon and the world. Funny isnt it?