Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this when it was first revealed... looks like a great idea. But... not sure it's the Cybertruck's wiper.

Unless the Beta production units simply have that monster implantation because they didn't want to reveal the working side-to-side vertical wipers until they had the patent? Maybe we will see one like that at Investor Day.

It certainly seems to favour flat windshields, and helps avoid drilling a huge hole in the glass, which is a big weak point for all sorts of things, strength, noise, cracks and so on
Lots of posters complained about the huge wiper parked at the A pillar at the edge of the windscreen on the beta Cybertrucks.

But that is where it’ll be if this design is incorporated!

I‘m beginning to suspect that the beta versions already have this windscreen wiper arrangement installed (and disguised!?)

A conventional wiper from the side would work poorly without crazy mechanisms to follow the windscreen shape.

Count me converted until convinced otherwise !

1676456930786.png

This is great news. In Denmark a selection of Superchargers has been open to all EVs for a year or so and it works. And most important: potential Tesla buyers gets the app and get to know the simple Tesla charging experience.
still no sight of modified design to accompany different charge-plug locations - I hope for V4 to allow for longer cable and placement in the middle of the parking spot to get cable were needed.

I had hoped Tesla would design all new stations in-line with the goal of vendor-neutrality but so far no luck.

still no sight of modified design to accompany different charge-plug locations - I hope for V4 to allow for longer cable and placement in the middle of the parking spot to get cable were needed.

I had hoped Tesla would design all new stations in-line with the goal of vendor-neutrality but so far no luck.

Here's the details from the Whitehouse factsheet. It sounds like a significant portion of them will be new: FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Announces New Standards and Major Progress for a Made-in-America National Network of Electric Vehicle Chargers - The White House

"Tesla, for the first time, will open a portion of its U.S. Supercharger and Destination Charger network to non-Tesla EVs, making at least 7,500 chargers available for all EVs by the end of 2024. The open chargers will be distributed across the United States. They will include at least 3,500 new and existing 250 kW Superchargers along highway corridors to expand freedom of travel for all EVs, and Level 2 Destination Charging at locations like hotels and restaurants in urban and rural locations. All EV drivers will be able to access these stations using the Tesla app or website. Additionally, Tesla will more than double its full nationwide network of Superchargers, manufactured in Buffalo, New York."

This is great news. In Denmark a selection of Superchargers has been open to all EVs for a year or so and it works. And most important: potential Tesla buyers gets the app and get to know the simple Tesla charging experience.

Now, its searchable too (why post pictures w/o text? Try finding a picture on this site from memory).

Tesla Charging on Twitter: "Select Tesla Superchargers across the US will soon be open to all EVs" / Twitter

1. the modified design is called "Magic Dock" - this article is from Aug 17, 2022: Here's how Tesla plans to allow other EVs to plug in at North American Superchargers - Magic Dock
  2. longer cables aren't a good solution because a long wire has higher resistance than a short wire. The simple, cheap solution is to add one extra parking space at the far right side of the row of chargers so that odd-ball cars can plugin to at least one charger w/o blocking a 2nd space (Tesla should enforce this is software, allowing those vehicles to charge only in the appropriate space when the site is busy).
Tesla did even better than that, they opened the Tesla charging design to be used freely by the industry: (far better than the frankenplug CCS-Combo plug)

Opening the North American Charging Standard | Tesla

Just curious, does anyone here follow the more traditional approach to gaining wealth i.e. buy and hold low cost index funds long term and just play with 3-5% in speculative single stocks?

The 'traditional approach' is not vaguely effective, but if you are a stock market analyst or hedge fund manager its 100% the advice you would give, because it then gives you a risk-free guaranteed income in ridiculous fees for choosing stocks for other people. Just like with mortgages, investment analysts have found a way to cream off a percentage of the wealth of their customers, rather than doing a fixed job for a fixed fee.
It takes no more time or skill to 'invest' $50million that $50,000, but somehow these leeches find a way to charge fees based on the amount invested. It always has been, and always will be a complete scam.

Lots of posters complained about the huge wiper parked at the A pillar at the edge of the windscreen on the beta Cybertrucks.

But that is where it’ll be if this design is incorporated!

I‘m beginning to suspect that the beta versions already have this windscreen wiper arrangement installed (and disguised!?)

A conventional wiper from the side would work poorly without crazy mechanisms to follow the windscreen shape.

Count me converted until convinced otherwise !

You might read the article, where it mentions how the wiper will rotate down and be stowed in the Frunk area under the hood to improve aerodynamics.

Shanghai is pausing some production for 2 weeks to "upgrade the factory for Model 3." Maybe there are actually two improvements - mild front+rear external refresh, and deeper switch to front+rear gigacasts. If they can get it all changed in two weeks... amazing 👏

I think ordinarily TSLA would be down as a result of this type of news, but simultaneously the U.S. government's interactions re: charging stations is providing a lift. Phew

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think... CNBC just reported that Tesla Shanghai is pausing production to "upgrade" the factory. Some media org is the source of their report. More details coming up, literally only saw the screen for like 10sec

Wow, could it be possible that both Fremont and Shanghai are implementing "Project Highland" simultaneously? And perhaps even in time for "Investor Day"? Just wow. :D

Also, Market seems to like the 7:00 am Options Open Interest data:

After Hours: Last | 7:05 AM EST​
212.68 +3.43 (+1.64%)
Volume 1,311,310​

TSLA.2023-02-15.07-00.DOI.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
Last edited:
@Artful Dodger - am I reading this correctly, that during yesterday's +7.5% we had 91M shares sold short?

At least 91M shares sold short (likely much more). FINRA only reports a fraction of total daily trades in TSLA, yesterday it was about 134M reported of the 216M total traded by NASDAQ (about 62% of Tuesday's total volume).

For all we know, all the rest could be short, sold by hedge funds (or more than all, given that naked shorts aren't reported unless they fail-to-deliver after 14 days, if then). :p

Last edited:
The 'traditional approach' is not vaguely effective, but if you are a stock market analyst or hedge fund manager its 100% the advice you would give, because it then gives you a risk-free guaranteed income in ridiculous fees for choosing stocks for other people. Just like with mortgages, investment analysts have found a way to cream off a percentage of the wealth of their customers, rather than doing a fixed job for a fixed fee.
It takes no more time or skill to 'invest' $50million that $50,000, but somehow these leeches find a way to charge fees based on the amount invested. It always has been, and always will be a complete scam.
I agree that actively managed mutual funds are not an optimal choice. It's proven that professional money managers with teams of analysts picking stocks have a 90% chance of not beating the market over time. What I was referring to was buying and holding index funds i.e. not actively managed i.e. free or very very low fee. Buying the market with index funds outperforms 90% of the best and brightest stock pickers i.e. mutual funds, over time. And that 10% is very possibly just luck, as no fund does it consistently over time.

So I would have to disagree that the traditional approach, at least the one I'm referring to, is not vaguely effective. Its actually proven to be the most effective at least 90% of the time.

It is rather funny though that we(or some), pay high fees to mutual fund managers who almost never beat the market.

On another note, the two old funds I sold that I no longer wanted to hold(one was *not* an index fund) have processed. I'll be picking up a few more Tesla shares soon!