Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, that is the rating on the Supercharger post, not the charger. As far as we have seen there are currently no Tesla Supercharger cabinets deployed that are rated to go above 500v.
That is my point

The post rating means nothing, we know V4 will be more powerful, by my estimates at 600 to 700 kW for Cybertruck to keep charge times similar or better than current line up, but using the label of the V4 posts to calculate power is a fools errand

Specially since Cybertruck will likely use the 1000 V variant of NACS and not CCS2 like this one V4 stalls we have so far

We might as well go from the NACS documentation of 900 A sustained and 1000 V and say it will do 900 kW

That said, I still think there is a chance we see it break a 1 MW peak for a short amount of time

I did this post a while ago, and while Wugz has a good point on one of the comments over there, the thermal system can still sustain a peak load like that by using all the mass as a buffer

And I've been working on a way more detailed V2 model of it for a while, but my code broke so badly that I haven't managed to fix it yet lol

I think backstopping deposits gives central banks what they need to continue with the hikes tbh.

Banks can fail, consumer purchasing power will remain, rates can continue going up, and all this will be more drawn out. People thinking this will result in a pause or cuts (lol), I don't think that's realistic with inflation at 6% and the Fed doing that would be worse for the market than more hikes.

The fact that "luxury" brands may have crappy service and frankly bad engineering that requires highly specialized, trained mechanics, doesn't mean Tesla needs to. First, Tesla isn't a "luxury" brand as such. They charge the price of a luxury brand due to the "EV Premium" people accept paying-and frankly are justified due to the material costs associated with the still developing EV technology. But if Tesla wants to expand and sell in high volume to "the masses" (aka people that have to consider their discretionary income) they need to have their service model (and reliability) much more in line with that Honda Civic than a Ferrari. And if you have to take your VW to a dealer to replace a battery because the "computer system breaks the car"-if true that's just really bad engineering and something that there is no excuse for.

I'm curious, can you diagnose EV issues with a OBD code scanner as you can ICE cars? Do EVs even have an OBD port, I honestly don't know. And can you get basic repair parts (half-shafts, steering hardware, brake parts) at your local Autozone or NAPA?
Another argument for what Tesla ‘must do’ to be like other OEMs. Have we not learned yet that Tesla doesn’t have to copy or be like other OEMs to succeed? That being ‘different’ than other OEMs is actually what got Tesla to this point both from a company health and consumer satisfaction standpoint, and what will see Tesla being the last one standing.

It’s erroneous thinking, it’s stagnant thinking, to keep thinking things must be as they are in the now in the future for things to work out. Has Tesla not proven otherwise? That you don’t have to sell cars via a dealership model, that you don’t have to bring a car in every single time to service it, that a recall ain’t necessarily a recall, that fueling should mostly happen at home, that every vehicle can be 5*+++ for safety, that car manufacturing can be radically different than it has been for many decades, that maybe a steering wheel won’t be needed at some point -

Tesla doesn’t have to do anything like Honda (or Ford, or GM, or -) and I’m out the very second Tesla tries to emulate them in any way.

Last edited:
I think backstopping deposits gives central banks what they need to continue with the hikes tbh.

Banks can fail, consumer purchasing power will remain, rates can continue going up, and all this will be more drawn out. People thinking this will result in a pause or cuts (lol), I don't think that's realistic with inflation at 6% and the Fed doing that would be worse for the market than more hikes.
Just one extravagant game of Monopoly gone wrong. All of it.

This is getting embarrassing-for the competition that is.

View attachment 918150

A rise to 18%.

Still very early off course, but a bullish sign. Let’s hope Tesla keeps expanding their market share.
Given the sneering here, I wouldn't have guessed that VW is #1 with EV market share in Europe, after being behind a few years ago. And that's with Tesla's Brandenburg factory up to 4,000/week.

Last edited:
Why multi quote never works here? sigh

Nobody? Model 3/Y US made get 250 kW from 10% to ~20%, Model S/X from 10% to 33%, China/Berlin made just hit 250 kW and tapper down, but still good

That initial boost is what make Teslas charge fast even though power goes down quickly after

Time at 250 kW is the wrong way to look at, since so much energy is being delivered the time will be short, but doesn't mean it's useless
Yep. We spike at 254 KW and it really doesn’t drop below 250 until around 24 or 25 percent. That at minus 7 celcius last time.

Given the sneering here, I wouldn't have guessed that VW is #1 with EV market share in Europe, after being behind a few years ago. And that's with Tesla's Brandenburg factory up to 4,000/week.

That’s VW group, so all the brands bunched in.

So VW, Porsche, Audi, Skoda, Seat/Cupra..

Tesla is #1 brand.

In the year 2525, we'll be lucky to be alive (re: AI poets, not Megapack profits)

In the Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) / by Zager and Evans (1964)​

In the year 2525, if man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today

... [continues]​

Last edited:
Alex saying Tesla submitted plans to produce 1m vehicles annually from existing GigaBerlin factory.

It is confusing to me what they actually submitted. Alex seems to indicate that the main factory building that already exists will be outputting 1 million vehicles, but the language used isn't clear.

This seems high, given the size difference with Austin. That is, unless Austin has the potential for crazy high output.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Why multi quote never works here? sigh

Nobody? Model 3/Y US made get 250 kW from 10% to ~20%, Model S/X from 10% to 33%, China/Berlin made just hit 250 kW and tapper down, but still good

That initial boost is what make Teslas charge fast even though power goes down quickly after

Time at 250 kW is the wrong way to look at, since so much energy is being delivered the time will be short, but doesn't mean it's useless
Yes 250kW happens and it is fast.

Attachments

• A67E836C-F5BD-4316-AB27-2C63A28607EB.jpeg
    A67E836C-F5BD-4316-AB27-2C63A28607EB.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 97
It is confusing to me what they actually submitted. Alex seems to indicate that the main factory building that already exists will be outputting 1 million vehicles, but the language used isn't clear.

This seems high, given the size difference with Austin. That is, unless Austin has the potential for crazy high output.

I think @avoigt makes two interrelated points:
  1. Next Gen vehicles will be produced at Berlin, inside the existing buildings, and
  2. no extra water supply will be required to produce Next Gen
    1. this likely means no additional paint shop (the water hog)
    2. a.k.a. the Next Gen vehicle will NOT have conventional a paint finish
Alex on Twitter: "As many are beginning to speculate that no new water demand indicates that Tesla will already begin production of the next gen vehicle in Berlin, we should remember that it has been confirmed that 🇲🇽 Giga Mexico will be the first site for the production of the new vehicle. The…" / Twitter