Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For realz, this is what we think. Ok, probably a bit of exaggeration/hopium in there.

I for one would be severely disappointed if we haven't doubled by FYE 2024. Still holding some hope that the doubling will happen by Q1 2024.
I think for TSLA to double from here before 2025, Tesla needs to have it's Nvidia moment where Wall St sees the impending earnings growth. SAAS will do the trick. We all disagree here on exactly when/why/how that moment will occur. Some think it has to be full on autonomy/Robotaxi while some like me think that FSD adoption rate just has to hit critical mass and for FSD to be good enough to be comfortable, even if it's not full autonomy (by the full definition of autonomy).

Otherwise I think it's a grind higher to 400-450 area by mid 2025 as Energy continues to ramp and margins/profits start to add meaningful numbers to the bottom line or as Gen 3 vehicles start to ramp in production and thus the realization of the COGS starting to show up in earnings.

Last edited:
I think for TSLA to double from here before 2025, Tesla needs to have it's Nvidia moment where Wall St sees the impending earnings growth. SAAS will do the trick. We all disagree here on exactly when/why/how that moment will occur. Some think it has to be full on autonomy/Robotaxi while some like me think that FSD adoption rate just has to hit critical mass and for FSD to be good enough to be comfortable, even if it's not full autonomy (by the full definition of autonomy).

Otherwise I think it's a grind higher to 400-450 area by mid 2025 as Energy continues to high ramp and margins/profits start to add meaningful numbers to the bottom line or as Gen 3 vehicles start to ramp in production and thus the realization of the COGS starting to show up in earnings.
Yes, this approach seems reasonable. What is SAAS, please?

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Yes, this approach seems reasonable. What is SAAS, please?
Subscription as a Service. It's valued extremely highly by Wall St because its' recurring revenue. It's also very high margin revenue so combine that with it being recurring and Wall St practically foams at the mouth

Darn....beaten twice 🥴

Last edited:
FWIW, it looks as if the After-Hours market is trying to double today's normal-hours gains.

Are we squeezing in the After-hrs session? ...no macro news to match this TSLA climb+vol:

Tesla Inc TSLA:NASDAQ​

RT Quote | Last NYSE Arca, VOL From CTA | USD
After Hours: Last | 6:24 PM EDT
225.15 +3.84 (+1.74%)
Volume: 3,513,983

Close: 221.31 +3.70 (+1.70%)
Volume: 140,959,890
52 week range: 101.81 - 314.67

TSLA.2023-06-06.18-05.Hi4.png

Stock Index ETFs:​

SPYS&P 500 ETF
up.gif
0.95(0.22%)
QQQNasdaq 100 ETF
down.gif
-0.11(-0.03%)
DIADow Jones ETF
down.gif
-0.19(-0.06%)
ONEQNasdaq Comp ETF
down.gif
-0.19(-0.36%)

Cheers to the TSLA Longs!

I've been thinking about this ... Tesla used vehicle sales and associated services may be a positive surprise this quarter. Someone I know just got hired into the analytics team for the used vehicle division, a sign that this business has been growing fast. Maybe the rise in inventory is mostly due to used vehicles being more available and priced more competitively. I have no idea what the margin looks like for used vehicles though. Does anyone have insight into this?

For any who missed it, today's SP gains have doubled since the closing bell.
I see no micro or macro news that could've inspired that.
Two possibilites come to mind:
1) Somebody knows something positive about Tesla, and algobots are joining the party.
2) After TSLA being up 8 successive sessions, margin calls may be going out to short sellers.