Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah....no

TSLA is gonna be punished for at least the rest of this quarter and Q3's earnings are going to heavily scrutinized. If you thought the FUD since earnings was high gear, it's about to enter a whole new level. There will be a real test of the uptrend line set back in Jan and man if it breaks, at least chart-wise, it's not pretty for the stock.
Unless .. Highland and CT news negates it right ?

Zach taking a sabbatical after taking delivery of CT ...

* Vaibhav .. heard the name for long, I think he has been with Tesla for a long time.

The SHOW will go ON.

EM has already had surgery for his neck. Another one? I have seen that slippery slope unfortunately.

Not that my opinion matters, but I definitely prefer no cage match regardless.
Yesterday EM posted he was lifting weights .. to which Zuck replied he was ready to go ..and also dissed the initial tweet saying they should stream on a more reliable platform.

Hope this ends the matter once and for all.

Zach taking a sabbatical after taking delivery of CT ...

* Vaibhav .. heard the name for long, I think he has been with Tesla for a long time.
I don't think Highland/CT can negate this. Like I said, a lot of investors will just sit on the sidelines for at least one quarter, if not 2-3 quarters, before buying in because they'll be cautious about there being a reason Zach left such as fraud, Zach knowing Tesla is a sinking ship and jumping off, etc...They'll be BS reasons because they were the same things said when Zach took the CFO job, but that's just the way it is.

To me, Highland/CT impacts just got severely negated. Maybe those announcements can help the stock hold it's uptrend line but those announcements aren't coming till September. And they certainly are not going to be catalysts for the stock breaking back above 300 now.

Perhaps, never a really great time for CFO to depart IMO.

Departing before a major product release not so great.

I seem to remember some thinking personnel departing the FSD team indicated the achievement was essentially completed.

In other news, Linda Y. to appear on CNBC Thursday 10A if I got it right.

Last edited:
I don't think Highland/CT can negate this. Like I said, a lot of investors will just sit on the sidelines for at least one quarter, if not 2-3 quarters, before buying in because they'll be cautious about there being a reason Zach left such as fraud, Zach knowing Tesla is a sinking ship and jumping off, etc...They'll be BS reasons because they were the same things said when Zach took the CFO job, but that's just the way it is.

To me, Highland/CT impacts just got severely negated. Maybe those announcements can help the stock hold it's uptrend line but those announcements aren't coming till September. And they certainly are not going to be catalysts for the stock breaking back above 300 now.

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense. CFOs step down all the time. And the market doesn't like it when that CFO has been a stable factor who has been able to show good financials. It doesn't know if the newcomer will be an equally stable factor. I think the market is overrating the importance of a CFO (he doesn't design cars, build factories, develop batteries, sell products), but that's for another discussion. But fraud?!? Sure, if a CFO is being fired, that could indicate something is up. But a CFO stepping down and staying on till the end of the year? That is definitely not an indication of possible fraud.

Perhaps, never a really great time for CFO to depart IMO.

Departing before a major product release not so great.

I seem to remember some thinking personnel departing the FSD team indicated the achievement was essentially completed.

In other news, Linda Y. to appear on CNBC if I got it right.
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Zach wanted to leave at the end of 2022 but because of what was happening with the stock and the general stock market, he waited and/or he and Tesla made an agreement to finish out 2023 and hold off on announcing it.

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense. CFOs step down all the time. And the market doesn't like it when that CFO has been a stable factor who has been able to show good financials. It doesn't know if the newcomer will be an equally stable factor. I think the market is overrating the importance of a CFO (he doesn't design cars, build factories, develop batteries, sell products), but that's for another discussion. But fraud?!? Sure, if a CFO is being fired, that could indicate something is up. But a CFO stepping down and staying on till the end of the year? That is definitely not an indication of possible fraud.
I’m not saying it makes any sense…but this is TSLA. We all know how this is going to go on the near term

Yeah....no

TSLA is gonna be punished for at least the rest of this quarter and Q3's earnings are going to heavily scrutinized. If you thought the FUD since earnings was high gear, it's about to enter a whole new level. This kind of announcement can keep investors on the sidelines for a least a couple quarters to make sure there's nothing to the CFO's departed when it comes to Tesla's finances.

There will be a real test of the uptrend line set back in Jan and man if it breaks, at least chart-wise, it's not pretty for the stock.
While you might be right....I take exception to how you define investors.

Sure speculators will use this to make coin.
That part is not new.

But investors won't.

Looks like Zack is out of the running as the next CEO at Tesla:

Tesla Names New CFO as Kirkhorn Ends 13-Year Career at EV Maker BNN Bloomberg (Bloomberg)

Tesla Inc. said Chief Financial Officer Zachary Kirkhorn stepped down after 13 years at the company. Chief Accounting Officer Vaibhav Taneja took on the CFO role in addition to his current duties as of Aug. 4, Tesla said Monday in a regulatory filing.

Tesla 8-K | Aug 7, 2023 "Departure of Directors or Principal Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Principal Officers."​

Shortzes jumped on the news in the pre-Market: ('Zack builds the cars, right?') :p

TSLA.2023-08-07.09-03.BOD.png

Thank-you for your service Zack, best of luck in your future endeavors (I expect he'll get some substantial job offers from numerous struggling EV wanna-makers... ;)

Cheers to Zach!

I’m not saying it makes any sense…but this is TSLA. We all know how this is going to go on the near term

Sure, this is Tesla. And there are a lot of haters and shorters out there in the dungeons of Twi... , eh, X, who will shout FRAUDDDD!!!!. But they are not the ones who determine the SP. Big investors do. They will want to be reassured about the financial stability of Tesla going forward, that's all that matters to them. They do no think of fraud. This isn't Wirecard, Nikola or FTX.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Zach wanted to leave at the end of 2022 but because of what was happening with the stock and the general stock market, he waited and/or he and Tesla made an agreement to finish out 2023 and hold off on announcing it.
I can’t help but wonder if there is a connection with the announcement of a succession plan recently.

While you might be right....I take exception to how you define investors.

Sure speculators will use this to make coin.
That part is not new.

But investors won't.

Indeed, the new CFO is the existing Chief Accounting Officer (you know, the guy that actually prepares those quarterly financial results?) So from today's 8-K the 'new guy' is hardly new: ;)

As of August 4, 2023, Tesla, Inc. (“Tesla”) appointed Vaibhav Taneja as Chief Financial Officer in addition to his current role as Chief Accounting Officer. Prior to this appointment as CFO, Mr. Taneja, 45, served as Tesla’s Chief Accounting Officer since March 2019
...as Corporate Controller from May 2018, and as Assistant Corporate Controller between February 2017 and May 2018. Mr. Taneja served in various finance and accounting roles at SolarCity Corporation from March 2016.

This next part of the 8-K filing is IMPORTANT:
Prior to that, Mr. Taneja was employed at PricewaterhouseCoopers in both India and the U.S. between July 1999 and March 2016.

Having an new Tesla CFO who has work experience at a major international Accounting firm in India might be an *slight* advantage for a fast-growing company about to invest Billion$ in a new car factory in, like, you know, INDIA? :D

Cheers to the coming Gigafactory!

Last edited:
Much ado about nothing, but we sure didn't need this today. Let's face it, we get a 3% drop if Benzinga reports Elon has an untied shoelace and may potentially trip.
Of course with the caveat that we don't actually know why a stock does anything on a given day, the next day, or the day after that, and are just trying to piece together a narrative.

Not yet sure who is leaving Apple that so far has wiped out $64billion in market cap this morning