Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The world seems poised and ready for a better version of autonomous ride-hailing than is currently being offered.

SMR covers a CNBS report on Cruise and Waymo in San Fransisco, bringing to light the problems these companies are facing and demonstrating flaws found in their routine operation.

Meanwhile, Tesla waits quietly in the wings, gathering data, until FSD is deemed ready for prime time. Once this moment is reached it will be like watching a steam roller taking out these Geo-map-restricted services playing at the autonomy game.

Despite the enthusiasm for Cruise/Waymo expansion into other cities, and, desire for permission to operate at speeds up to 55 mph, it seems unrealistic to presume either will be able to successfully manage the edge cases which currently make for comic relief and frustrate other road users.

Bullish?
Do you still believe this?

Disney is #1 and not Tesla? Well that's a problem.
Maybe if you include 5 yrs old kids in the study?
I'm not surprised. Disney's whole business model is about intimacy. It's something they actively cultivate with cute characters and "pull-your-heart-strings" movies. And trust me, adults love Disney too. I go to Disney World on a regular basis and I see as many older adults without children as I do families with children.

But Tesla has achieved #2 without really trying. They just make great products and the rest follows naturally.

Disney is #1 and not Tesla? Well that's a problem.
Maybe if you include 5 yrs old kids in the study?
I think you are underestimating the Disney fanatics. There are a ton of people in Disney clubs like Disney Cruise, Disney Vacation, Disney Park Pass...adults that obsess about anything Disney. Mostly adults with families, but not all.

GM and F getting kicked to the curb (thanks, UAW):

Components of the S&P 500

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
148General Motors CoGM0.135225
down.gif
-1.91(-5.25%)
149Ford Motor CoF0.133732
down.gif
-0.55(-4.28%)

Fun opening today; but it looks like Wally prefers to see the PPI report tomorrow before they hang the “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED” banner.
More like Wally isn't positioned correctly.

The majority of Wall St has been sitting on the sidelines praying for a bad cpi print and/or a breakdown in the economy and thus corporate earnings to take the market much lower so that the huge amount of cash that has been sitting on the sidelines can join in.

There are still huge put and bearish positions out there that Wally made back at the beginning of the year that they would really…really love to get out of

Month after month, both inflation data and economic data has continued to frustrate all those that are on the sidelines and their worst fear is that we are indeed are in a goldilocks scenario where inflation comes down without cratering the economy and earnings. Even a minor recession would be a goldilocks scenario.

Last edited:
I think you are underestimating the Disney fanatics. There are a ton of people in Disney clubs like Disney Cruise, Disney Vacation, Disney Park Pass...adults that obsess about anything Disney. Mostly adults with families, but not all.

Yep. Only bat-*sugar* crazy fanatics would pay the prices for a Disney Cruise. No joke, often these cost as much as a car, and sell out quickly.

Yep. Only bat-*sugar* crazy fanatics would pay the prices for a Disney Cruise. No joke, often these cost as much as a car, and sell out quickly.
Agreed, but its also about the kid factor. My kids heard about Aulani in Hawaii and were like "Let's go!". I looked at the pricing and i said to myself, "What does this hotel give us that other's do not?"

List consisted of 2 items, a private beach with $50 beverages :)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: navguy12
I'm no Disney fanatic. I HATE the parks, but it's way better than Royal with kids. The cruise ships are so much nicer, food is better, service is WAY better, and the kids club is unmatched.

Disney is to Royal as Royal is to Carnival IMO.

The prices are more than Royal, but not unreasonably more for what you get. Maybe $1,000 with 4 people for a 4 day cruise.

A cruise is cheaper than a trip with a family for us.

Reactions: Nocturnal
@uscbucsfan I had a great experience when my kids were little. Don't recall it being stupid expensive, but the boats are far less crowded and have quality food/booze and perhaps more importantly, guests.
Yeah, thank goodness this doesn't happen to Tesla fans. (as I wistfully look over my collection of whistle, branding iron, decanter, and Boring fragrance)

😁
Me - "I got this new perfume from Boring, it's Burnt Hair."
Friend - "How much did you waste on that?"
Me - "It's a collector's item so I probably made money on it."
Friend - "You always say that but never sell anything."
Me - "...................."

GM and F getting kicked to the curb (thanks, UAW):

Components of the S&P 500

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
148General Motors CoGM0.135225
down.gif
-1.91(-5.25%)
149Ford Motor CoF0.133732
down.gif
-0.55(-4.28%)
Watching the drama between the UAW and legacy auto is going to be so amusing to watch. If the UAW succeeds in getting even half of what they're asking for, then all they're going to do is guarantee that a decent amount of their union members get laid off. Legacy auto already isn't price competitive with Tesla.

Watching the drama between the UAW and legacy auto is going to be so amusing to watch. If the UAW succeeds in getting even half of what they're asking for, then all they're going to do is guarantee that a decent amount of their union members get laid off. Legacy auto already isn't price competitive with Tesla.

It does seem rather pointless to conduct a mutiny on a sinking ship.