Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Free charging in europe is gonna be a real stresstest for the network.
Already a lot more busy then normal and the peak will be in a few ours when everybody is going home from work.

Not a lot of media coverage but when lines start forming i am expecting a lot of articles.

Fun to watch tesla app to see it getting busier.

edit: also fun to watch SP :)
Great advertising!!! I hope there's a 1,000 traffic jams as a result of free charging so that everyone learns about it and how they also do this for disasters!

In the end, folks be sayin... "Wait what? 10 years... Super Chargers have been around for 10 years? I thought Tesla was new?"
To which we'd reply... "Are you new?"

(Edit to add that the SC system is being stress tested in a non-emergency situation. This is an EV charging and infrastructure drill.)

Last edited:
Call the interns. Something is broken. TSLA went UP all of a sudden.

Whatever is the opposite of "The Sky Is Falling" could be appropriate to say at this moment.

More here:

F4tG_OHaEAAhy-e

Moar here: :D

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-08-29.10-45.png

Cheers to the Job Seekers!

Last edited:
Looks like the market liked the JOLTS... Mary should name the next GM EV the JOLTS.....

View attachment 969219
I can rationalize a lot of things but this just has me for a spin.

I get that people want lower interest rates...but the rational is

*we want to see bad so the fed can make it good vs it actually being good because when the economy is good, the fed will want to make it bad.

What?!@

The market just wants the stimulation of the economy vs an actual good economy.

Free charging in europe is gonna be a real stresstest for the network.
Already a lot more busy then normal and the peak will be in a few ours when everybody is going home from work.

Not a lot of media coverage but when lines start forming i am expecting a lot of articles.

Fun to watch tesla app to see it getting busier.

edit: also fun to watch SP :)
Perhaps that's the idea- the resulting stresstest data will be useful to Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS and Nakata
I can rationalize a lot of things but this just has me for a spin.

I get that people want lower interest rates...but the rational is

*we want to see bad so the fed can make it good vs it actually being good because when the economy is good, the fed will want to make it bad.

What?!@

The market just wants the stimulation of the economy vs an actual good economy.
The market wants rates to come down while the economy is still good and will optimistically price that in when it seems to be happening.

In historical reality, rates stay high until actual economic damage occurs. When people start facing job insecurity because higher interest rates have sufficiently cooled the economic engine, as will likely be necessary to stamp down inflation and ensure it doesn't flare back up when rates are cut, reduced consumer spending flows through to corporate profits and affects the earnings side of the equation. Multiples expand with the rate cuts but earnings continue coming down, and that has historically been when the market bottoms.

The market wants rates to come down while the economy is still good and will optimistically price that in when it seems to be happening.

In historical reality, rates stay high until actual economic damage occurs. When people start facing job insecurity because higher interest rates have sufficiently cooled the economic engine, as will likely be necessary to stamp down inflation and ensure it doesn't flare back up when rates are cut, reduced consumer spending flows through to corporate profits and affects the earnings side of the equation. Multiples expand with the rate cuts but earnings continue coming down, and that has historically been when the market bottoms.
Thank you for stating the obvious which most, including CNBC, seem to forget. I look forward to emptying my 5.3% yield Marcus savings account and buying the dip in the next 12 months or so.

Last edited:
Funny FUD...
Elon Musk's Tesla almost ran a red light during a FSD demo

• Elon Musk's Tesla almost ran a red light at a Palo Alto intersection while demoing FSD software.
  • A video appeared to show Musk taking the wheel after the software misread a traffic signal.
  • The billionaire live-streamed the drive on X, formerly known as Twitter.
During the video, the Tesla CEO may have violated California law by holding his phone during the live-streamed drive. When contacted about the potential violation, the Palo Alto Police Department told The Verge they wouldn't be issuing a fine because police didn't see the incident themselves.
🤣

Job Openings report -

Decade after decade, some BLS data are notorious for being poor, and subject to revisions that can be quite substantial. I do not know if today’s JO are one such; regardless, it sure seems the market both likes that as well as giving far more credence to Dan Ives than to that pathetic “almost ran a red light” hit piece.

For all you Canucks .. what is is going on in Canada? -9% in 1H23???
View attachment 969200

After just returning from a trip around Iceland and then Scandinavia, I'm embarrassed by this stat.

I think a big factor is the pro-fossil fuel policies of the government in our largest province, Ontario (pop. 15.1 million, about 39% of the whole country). Currently there is no provincial incentive to buy an EV in Ontario. A rebate up to CA$14,000 per EV was discontinued in 2018 (months before I was delivered my Model 3 :(). There is a federal incentive of CA$5,000 for BEVs.

EDIT: As someone who volunteers for a Renewable Energy Coop, I also know there are no general incentives to build more renewable energy projects in Ontario (our hydro monopoly will not pay for energy above the local demand generated by a new solar or wind farm). Yes, we just promised Stellantis and LG $15 billion over 10 years to build a battery plant, but that's not a general fund. (Can you imagine US governments giving, pro-rated, $150 billion dollars to the private sector for one project which, in the end, should be profitable on its own??)

EDIT: Of course, Alberta, our 4th largest province (pop. 4.5 million) and home to the infamous "oil sands", also lacks an EV incentive.

We have a fight against Big Oil in Canada!

As time goes on, a financial incentive will be less and less important for consumers to choose an EV over an ICE. But for now, it still helps with the up-front sticker shock.

Last edited: