Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reiterate, this Friday is a Triple Witching quarterly OPEX, so there are many open options written when the share price was nowhere near where it is today

True, those contracts have been open for so long they've almost certainly been hedged by now (covered by opposite contracts or "delta neutral"). So we don't know the effective preferred price for Market Makers this Friday, and today they're getting swamped by volume (7.5M in the premarket alone).

As noted in a recent CNBC interview with Ron Baron, Morgan Stanley's clients are mostly Hedge Funds, so if Adam Jonas has flipped to focusing on massive upside for AI, Autonomy and Robotics, you know his large clients were fore-warned of his ratings upgrade, and pre-positioned themselves to profit.

Billionaire Tesla stock investor on TV CALLS out a famous Tesla analyst! | Matt Pocius (Jun 23)

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
If anyone believes welded steel (traditional build) is stronger than a casting, just send them this video, courtesy of Sandy Munro.

Munro has a good heart, but he might stop with this clown college stuff. He is not a metallurgy expert AFAIK and hammering stuff causes more changes than one can see.

Internal changes (damage) does occur especially in a cast when hit/deformed. For those who have used cast and forged vise you might get the idea.

I admire he wants to stop the FUD, but this is not the way to do it.

I see this MS upgrade as a big deal. It always seems like AJ is the most respected TSLA analyst amongst WS for some odd reason. AJ starting to believe in robotaxis and Teslas AI capabilities will influence the other analysts. I expect them to start dropping like lemmings with upgrade after upgrade. I remember seeing this in the past run where MS put a buy and the rest of WS followed.

Side note I think AJ is a tool/clown.
Besides Jonas, I think the Walter Isaacson book on Elon is helping the stock. Isaacson is being seen everywhere right now promoting the book and putting a better face on Elon and on Tesla.

It's looking to me like the book is going to give a nice boost to Elon's image.

After all the Elon-bashing for the last couple of years, Isaacson paints a picture of the complex person Elon really is. He's been demonized but now he is being humanized. A lot of people are just now finding out about his difficult childhood and his Asperger's. It's a lot easier to root for the underdog Elon than the "richest man in the world" Elon.

1694457967219.png

Compares to:
1694457854590.png

Attachments

• 1694457918531.png
    1694457918531.png
    4 MB · Views: 44
Maybe not just AJ , but all the latest info coming out of the book release ...
..main one being next gen line in Austin - no delay

.. for all the green today ...
Agreed. For all the noise out there, around so many things, the fact that Unboxed is possibly rolling ahead right now under the already permitted, already cleared, already built, already staffed Austin Gigafactory is some of the most bullish Tesla news I have seen in months.

Major signal among the noise, to me anyway:
- The massive price drop due to the IRA in the US: a punch to the gut of (alleged) legacy auto competition, and just the very dawn of mass EV affordability
- Future (near?) availability of an Unboxed Model that is $10k US cheaper than current: coup de ICE, and the high noon of undeniable EV affordability.

How come Morgan Stanley) isn’t waiting for Tesla to start a PR department and start education based advertising before they raise their PT by .. *checks note*… 60%!!?

Gary Black is a journeyman Wall St. insider, doomed to single-digit returns while dreaming of 13% CAGR... You'll get the next one, Gary! :p

aR1mEeA_460s.jpg

Cheers to the Longs!

Munro has a good heart, but he might stop with this clown college stuff. He is not a metallurgy expert AFAIK and hammering stuff causes more changes than one can see.

Internal changes (damage) does occur especially in a cast when hit/deformed. For those who have used cast and forged vise you might get the idea.

I admire he wants to stop the FUD, but this is not the way to do it.

I disagree (and I do have a degree in Chemistry). Basically, his last point is the most valid - we don't build ICE engines from sheet metal. They are big CAST blocks (usually aluminum). When done right, cast Aluminum can have rigid properties that surpass steel.

If anyone believes welded steel (traditional build) is stronger than a casting, just send them this video, courtesy of Sandy Munro.

Is Sandy seriously comparing impact forces between a part that is secured to a full car body and a free-standing part on the carpet (mostly free to move on impact)?

I thought he had a better engineering mind than that. That "experiment" was not scientific enough to conclude anything.

Is Sandy seriously comparing impact forces between a part that is secured to a full car body and a free-standing part on the carpet (mostly free to move on impact)?

I thought he had a better engineering mind than that. That "experiment" was not scientific enough to conclude anything.

See above.

Also, do you really think Tesla would move to something LESS rigid than what everyone else uses?

Up >10% for the day. I've really missed days like today. Welcome back TSLA!
Almost like the past 2 months never happened.

I ordered 4 powerwalls today. Lost electric for 2 days yet again and I'm just tired of it and dealing with a stupid brand new generator that sometimes starts and sometimes doesn't. My wife balked at the price but I pointed out with today's gain we could buy 200 powerwalls.

See above.

Also, do you really think Tesla would move to something LESS rigid than what everyone else uses?
Of course not--I'm not implying at all in my post that a casting is less strong. I have a degree in mechanical engineering, so I know all well that castings can be extremely strong. I'm just saying that his demonstration was nowhere near scientific enough to prove his point (which I happen to agree with). Just seemed like a bit of a silly video.