Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean I am a Bull but owning a Model s Out of warranty is not easy especially a p Model that at least in eu tesla couldnt Provide Batteries as replacement that fit the power requirements. And the used battery market is also heated. So not sure why everyone agrees to this, I guess in the us you have 3rd party options already that so far are lacking in eu ( I sold my p85+ last year as tesla could only provide a 350v battery pack as replacement for over 20k)
How many miles (or km) on it before the battery went bad?

Last edited:
I feel the pre-Market has become Kabuki Theatre... :p

TSLA.2023-10-10.09-30.png

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-10-10.09-48.png

TSLA.2023-10-10.09-52.Hi.png

Cheers to the Players!

Charging moat? The supercharger network will be open to most EV’s within a year. How is that a moat?
Because all the non-Tesla owners will soon learn that SuperChargers are the best option available and head for them as a preference. And every time they plug-in, they'll look up and see "T E S L A" and think to themselves "well if the chargers are so good, what are the cars like?". Not to mention the Teslas coming and going sooner than them due to superior charging speeds...

Still do not know why he Elon chose Germany instead of Poland.

Not going to read the roto-REUTERS article, but if you do, was it more than a dozen who joined? Out of 10K, I mean? Tesla Giga Berlin already has a Works Council (as required by German law), but is independent of IG-Metall (the German equivalent of the UAW).

Tesla is in Germany for many good reasons, least of which is showing how it's done. BWZ, Damsel-in-Distress, and Porch all have to compete now. No dieseling-out of this one.

Have we not learned a thing? Do not believe everything you read.

If working conditions are indeed so horrendous as YOU are being led to believe, then shouldn’t YOU be happy the workers have a recourse? Yes, yes YOU should.

Ultimately, Elon has expressed and shown a million times his concern for humanity. He would not want nor condone poor working conditions for any Tesla employees so he would welcome any and all attempts to make their lives more comfortable.

If you want to know the answer to your question, go ask him. We discussed at length all the reasons for the choice when it happened years ago.

I'm sure he had many good reasons, but yeah I have to agree, Giga Berlin has been a constant hardship of many roadblocks to production. Seems like the factory will likely be Tesla's least efficient going forward, and I have to wonder if another location could have lessened those difficulties, even if it was at the expense of some of Elon's good reasons for choosing it.

I do hope they start increasing production there again at some point. I'd love to see the factory ramp to produce more cars per year than Fremont.

Wow, Toyota has come up with a brilliant idea of partnering with a battery company to build batteries for them in the US. I’m sure that’s a novel idea. Also they are making long form pouch cells. I’m sure that’s a form factor that that is reliable and has never led to problems before. And the battery company they partnered with has never had any huge recalls, right?

Because all the non-Tesla owners will soon learn that SuperChargers are the best option available and head for them as a preference. And every time they plug-in, they'll look up and see "T E S L A" and think to themselves "well if the chargers are so good, what are the cars like?". Not to mention the Teslas coming and going sooner than them due to superior charging speeds...
Supercharger transitioned from a moat to a drug dealer.

Seems like the factory will likely be Tesla's least as efficient going forward

Teslabot changes everything. The real reason Tesla is wise not to overhire in Berlin this year is because within 3-4 years 10K workers (assisted by Optimus) will be producing the output of 40K the old way. In Germany, it's extraordinarily expensive to let a worker go, so it's better to just not hire the ones you know you won't need in the mid-term. Long-term? I hope those workers don't mind some skillz retraining... :D

Tesla has over 20,000 chargers in the US only 12,000 are available to other car brands.
The press releases have all said more than 12,000 will be available. (They have also mentioned all V3+.)

We don't know for sure, but it is likely that only the old V2 sites will be off-limits to NACS partners.

I don't think you need to wait for Teslabot to see Tesla do more at a factory with less.
The front/rear casting stuff is really old news now, but AFAIK we are still only seeing model Ys with single piece rear castings? There was talk of front cast, rear cast and structural battery, but this isnt a reality for every Berlin model Y yet AFAIK? Once Berlin is doing the full front/rear/structural, that will simplify production a lot.
Also the purchase of that wireless charging for robots company still needs explaining. I know Teslabot is the long term focus, but I don't think Elon has given up on traditional automation yet. Grohman was one example.
I think we will see a few years where Teslabot is absolutely the poster-child for tesla's automation, but a lot more conventional stuff will be going on in the background. Everything they learn from Teslabot can be applied to traditional robotic arms.

Teslabot changes everything. The real reason Tesla is wise not to overhire in Berlin this year is because within 3-4 years 10K workers (assisted by Optimus) will be producing the output of 40K the old way. In Germany, it's extraordinarily expensive to let a worker go, so it's better to just not hire the ones you know you won't need in the mid-term. Long-term? I hope those workers don't mind some skillz retraining... :D
I don't know if Optimus is part of the rationale, but you are right about how expensive it is to let a worker go over there. I'm sure that part enters into the calculus.

Elon still seems to be working under the assumption that big recession might be coming. Tesla is building cash and trying to stay lean.