Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forward Observing

While I have not kept records, fourth quarter is almost always a blow out of Tesla deliveries ~ period.

Elon said 475K (the number stuck in my head ~ which has been beaten severely over the seventy plus years) should not be a problem in the fourth quarter.

Last week I pointedly asked in sales talk both trying to convince my wife to trade-in our X for 2023 Model and convince the salesperson to also convince my wife ~ the answer I got was that the 475K would not be a problem.

Add in the positive number information we are gathering, well, I am feeling good. Remember, the talking heads will downplay the first quarter.

FYI ~ for what it is worth, Elon/Tesla has pulled rabbits out of his/their tail-feathers before.

1699461752342.png

Tesla presence has driven China's technology and production ahead. Meanwhile, back in the United States -the birthplace of Tesla- all we have to show for it is Mary, who's "done it again" as GM heads towards bankruptcy.
There are a bunch of things to consider here, like China for years focusing on dominating the battery supply chain, some parts of which they have a near-monopoly on, and their incentive to switch to EVs as the country produces very little Oil & Gas thus relies on others but has a ton of coal and continues commissioning huge amounts of coal-fired power generation to provide electrons to their EVs

So tired of seeing FUD article after FUD article.
Barrons - The EV Meltdown Is Obscuring a Disaster for Industrial Stocks
Fortune - Elon Musk’s affordability problem—Tesla is fast running out of early adopters, but its cars are still too expensive for most buyers

If only someone or some company could use some $ to push back on all the FUD.

That's a NEMA 14-50. So 50A at 220 (or 240?) plus those are 15/20A 120V outlets.

Those guys in the video seem to think the printing on the 240V (they call it a "220 volt" :rolleyes:) receptacle says "2KW".

I certainly hope not, as 240 volts at 50 amps is 12KW. Zooming, the screen grab doesn't have the resolution for me to make out what it really says. I hope it's "240V/50A". Or his missing the "1" and it really says "12KW"

They don't seem to know enough about electrical stuff to question the obvious mis-match...

ON EDIT: After @Cosmacelf 's comment below, I realize my math for the power rating was wrong, because I'm used to using the 80% de-rated current value that an EV imposes on a 240/50A circuit... corrected.

Last edited:
Those guys in the video seem to think the printing on the 240V (they call it a "220 volt" :rolleyes:) receptacle says "2KW".

I certainly hope not, as 240 volts at 50 amps is just under 10KW. Zooming, the screen grab doesn't have the resolution for me to make out what it really says. I hope it's "240V/50A"

They don't seem to know enough about electrical stuff to question the obvious mis-match...

At least in a house, you can't (legally) put a NEMA 14-50 on a circuit rated for less than 50A. If you put a 50A receptacle on there you must expect loads of 50A.