Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed, I did live in California when I reserved though I don’t recall entering a physical address when I did so though that was some time ago.

I didn’t see anything about a specific service center when I ordered and configured. I did receive the estimated delivery window mentioned previously.

I reserved fairly early during the reveal.

I don’t follow the CT forum or other forums.
You had to enter your credit card and your Tesla account had an address.

I was waiting and hoping you would say you were on the east coast or something, lol.

I have hopes they don't maintain the CA/TX plans for the Foundation Series, but that's consistent with the rest of the Foundation that were originally in California and Texas when they placed the pre-order. There will be some in VA, OR, NV, and WA as people have moved.

edit: And the SC thing is just people guessing why parts of CA and TX, seemingly grouped together, aren't getting invited. But the rest of the original post you replied to still stands until we see someone who wasn't in CA or TX get an invite.

Rohan Patel, Tesla's Head of Policy, responding to Senator Blumenthal's post:
1702528184149.png

And with the catches dropped by her boyfriend lately, she's probably cost KC a return to the SB too. Person of the Year... right.
Yeah, but will anyone believe it after this drivel that's been shoved at them. I tweeted to one of my favorite video journalists Erin Burnett after she repeated the company line today and never once said it was an OTA upgrade, which leaves non-Telsa owners thinking that 2 million cars will have to be driven to the service centre to correct this "defect* to express my disgust, but I doubt she'll ever read it. And then she interviewed Gayle King (whose 2 children own and love their Tesla's) and Charles Barkley (who hates the concept of self driving cars) and while Gayle was quite supportive of Tesla, Barkley did most of the talking, very derivative.

How do we get into these peoples heads? Maybe Jay Leno doing a special about how much he loves his Tesla(s)? Got to be something in prime time that's not a commercial or advertising and comes from the heart of someone who knows and can prove the truth to the American public... heck I'd even help finance it with one of my shares.

Gotta do something. Yes, the truth will come out ... to people who are actually looking for it and read past the headline.

Look at it another way. Everyone who has purchased a Tesla product, and/or TSLA stock, represent the numbers of all the folk who have accepted the reality over the myths, to varying degrees. This is a bunch of people, some of which are preachin' the gospel of the transition, or the stock opportunity, or their experiences with their car, powerwall, and so on.

What you experience in the brief moments (geologically speaking) that you describe will be weighed over a much longer time period against fact and common sense. The revelation is unlikely to ever be a watershed event where suddenly everyone gets it. Rather, it will build momentum over time like a trickle that grows into a stream, then a river, then a lake, then an ocean. Think of time periods somewhere between glacial and short-attention-span. Think of the S-curve. (and the Bell curve too)

Most people believe whatever makes them feel good to hear, and/or what their peers are believing, today. If the wind blows another way tomorrow, they will follow it.

As Tesla continues to sell products and TSLA shares more people will build a different perspective to be shared with their peers and eventually it will sink in to a wider swath of the population.

The people in the media and on social platforms are the least likely to make a good yardstick to measure this by. Many of them will be the last ones to get it. More so if they are being influenced by those opposed to the negative effects of "the transition to sustainable energy" upon their business, beliefs, baloney, etc.

Stop looking in the places where you can depend upon finding FUD. Or, at least balance those with looking at places routinely offering a perspective that aligns better with your own. Try to notice the subtle shift over months, and enjoy tasting the berries picked from within the thorns.

Last edited:

I was waiting and hoping you would say you were on the east coast or something, lol.

I have hopes they don't maintain the CA/TX plans for the Foundation Series, but that's consistent with the rest of the Foundation that were originally in California and Texas when they placed the pre-order. There will be some in VA, OR, NV, and WA as people have moved.

edit: And the SC thing is just people guessing why parts of CA and TX, seemingly grouped together, aren't getting invited. But the rest of the original post you replied to still stands until we see someone who wasn't in CA or TX get an invite.
The Tesla app has had my current contact info for more than three years. I’ve had service for my 2018 Model 3 near where I live now but not in California in the past three years.

So, I‘m going to guess that if Tesla were restricting ordering and configuring, they’d do so based on the most current contact information they have. Barring that, I don’t think they‘d give a misguiding delivery date estimate for an order in which they ask your current address and verify your driver’s license.

Still, my point remains: You can’t assume that non-Foundation Series CT deliveries are blocked until all Foundation Series CT’s have been delivered.

It’s possible that all that tea leaf reading is misleading and, perhaps, even intentionally so.

Look at it another way. Everyone who has purchased a Tesla product, and/or TSLA stock, represent the numbers of all the folk who have accepted the reality over the myths, to varying degrees. This is a bunch of people, some of which are preachin' the gospel of the transition, or the stock opportunity, or their experiences with their car, powerwall, and so on.

What you experience in the brief moments (geologically speaking) that you describe will be weighed over a much longer time period against fact and common sense. The revelation is unlikely to ever be a watershed event where suddenly everyone gets it. Rather, it will build momentum over time like a trickle that grows into a stream, then a river, then a lake, then an ocean. Think of time periods somewhere between glacial and short-attention-span. Think of the S-curve. (and the Bell curve too)

Most people believe whatever makes them feel good to hear, and/or what their peers are believing, today. If the wind blows another way tomorrow, they will follow it.

As Tesla continues to sell products and TSLA shares more people will build a different perspective to be shared with their peers and eventually it will sink in to a wider swath of the population.

The people in the media and on social platforms are the least likely to make a good yardstick to measure this by. Many of them will be the last ones to get it. More so if they are being influenced by those opposed to the negative effects of "the transition to sustainable energy" upon their business, beliefs, baloney, etc.

Stop looking in the places where you can depend upon finding FUD. Or, at least balance those with looking at places routinely offering a perspective that aligns better with your own. Try to notice the subtle shift over months, and enjoy tasting the berries picked from within the thorns.
I agree with your statement, but it's not me I'm concerned about. I hope you're correct and over time you probably will be... just don't know if we have that amount of time.

btw, don’t see an address in my Tesla account on the web site only in the app. So, I’m not buying your assertion. In any case, I can’t imagine why Tesla would use a stale address, even the legacies could do better than that. I remain skeptical Tesla is restricting orders based on location, though, yes, deliveries dates might be adjusted based on location.

In my own case, I’d be more inclined to believe Tesla gave me the benefit of the doubt on the timing based on my first, original order: I reserved a dual-motor within seconds of the opening of ordering then cancelled that and immediately ordered a tri-motor.

Tesla will, imho, ramp as fast as they can modulated by the performance and feedback they get from the new Cybertrucks as they field them. Tesla probably doesn’t have an exact estimate of what that modulation will be. Neither you nor speculators in this or other forums is likely to be able to estimate that in any useful approximation. No offense.

btw, don’t see an address in my Tesla account on the web site only in the app. So, I’m not buying your assertion. In any case, I can’t imagine why Tesla would use a stale address, even the legacies could do better than that. I remain skeptical Tesla is restricting orders based on location, though, yes, deliveries dates might be adjusted based on location.

In my own case, I’d be more inclined to believe Tesla gave me the benefit of the doubt on the timing based on my first, original order: I reserved a dual-motor within seconds of the opening of ordering then cancelled that and immediately ordered a tri-motor.
You had a California address for your Tesla and a California billing address for the card used.

There are lower reservation numbers, that also ordered within seconds, being skipped from other states.

Again, you've only confirmed what the prevailing theory is. People who were in CA and TX when they pre-ordered are getting the invites that we know of.

Sawyer Merritt said the same thing on X. All 150 people that confirmed invites to him were from CA and TX when the originally pre-ordered.

Still, my point remains: You can’t assume that non-Foundation Series CT deliveries are blocked until all Foundation Series CT’s have been delivered.
You absolutely can assume that.

No one has been able to even configure anything outside of a Foundation series and they are being sold/"advertised" as the first units made.

You absolutely can assume that.

No one has been able to even configure anything outside of a Foundation series and they are being sold/"advertised" as the first units made.
The production ramp has just started, and so far seems to be going fairly well.

Unless it goes extremely well, or very badly, I doubt that we will have the full picture on how it is going before March 2024.

Deliveries and orders are naturally constrained by production, it is obvious why Foundation orders would get priority.

This is a fairly normal sequence of events for a production ramp, customers just need to be patient.

Last edited:
The projection ramp has just started, and so far seems to be going fairly well.

Unless it goes extremely well, or very badly, I doubt that we will have the full picture on how it is going before March 2024.

Deliveries and orders are naturally constrained by production, it is obvious why Foundation orders would get priority.

This is a fairly normal sequence of events for a production ramp, customers just need to be patient.
I agree.

The Foundation Series will be delivered first. That's not a leap.

It is a leap to assume that all pre-orders plus people who are just submitting a reservation today will receive their CT in 2024 and that's how this conversation started.

Getting a bit ahead of the game for 2024 , which G Black and others are expecting low growth I believe could be a massive year for the stock price

Earning rise maybe slow , but margin via FSD , and growth potential Optimus could increase share price

FSD 12. Jan / Feb
Cybertruck ramp
Gen 2 announced / prototype shown / end of year first production Texas
Mexico construction begins
Optimist production goal for 2024 ?? Announced first Q 24 100,000 units ?

Reactions: capster and Usain
Was your original reservation address in Cali or TX? There's a tracker on the CT forum and while some live in other places, everyone had reserved from California and Texas. Also, it points to specific Service Centers. There's some in California, day 1 holders, that aren't getting the e-mail. The assumption is that some SCs are trained for them.

If not, it's a good data point that the expansion has begun, even if very slowly.

I think when regular configurations start opening up, we will have an idea of how many can be delivered...that's assuming there's only going to be 1,000 Foundation Series, which I know many have said, but there's always a chance it increases.
Serena Williams Husband, Alexis Ohanian, received a CyberTruck and he, I thought was in Florida.

Last edited:
Unless things change drastically, I don't think even 125k next year is possible. Elon already said the 125k is the production limit next year, but if you look at the first 1,000, they have an estimated delivery window from now to March 2024.
Well, tomorrow is between now and March 2024 as well... ;)

But seriously, the currently estimated production speed of around 10 cars/day with about 100 days to go lines up pretty nicely with a worst-case scenario of steady state production rate.

They are filling the pipeline and if the rates improve, the dates will start to shift..

Some anecdotal evidence of how the general public has changed its opinion about Tesla: I just had a chat with my car insurance agent. When I bought my Model S 8 years ago he was very much interested in the car, but definitely not interested in buying a Tesla. Presumably because he then viewed Tesla as being too risky in terms of company survival.
Today he again wanted to see my new car and was very much interested in the pricing of new Teslas. He’s currently driving a hybrid that’s almost end-of-lease and knows his next car will be fully electric (because of the tax rules).
The interesting thing is how he views the car market: He thinks the Chinese brands will conquer the world mainly because of how much car you get for a certain budget. The main problem is the longevity of those brands, as he’s also convinced that most of them will go bankrupt. He only trusts BYD to survive. He has no trust in the legacy car manufacturers wrt electric cars: he has seen too much technical problems with the cars of his clientele, citing one case were a client had his car for 8 months in service before they found the solution for an issue with the battery. As a result, he only trusts one brand for his next car: Tesla.
Even though he knows almost nothing about which cars Tesla is selling and what the difference is.
Not a single word about Elon.

Re Optimus 2 comments on “X “ ex Scott Walter , good video with Herbert Ong

It is “branded “ suggesting production ready
Musk has earlier said “production ready November “

So , we may be seeing the first model optimist to go into production

Question for next quarterly meeting : what are optimist 2 production volumes for 2024 ?
I cannot possible imagine that this version will go 'into production'. That would be far too soon. Given the huge leap between bot 1 and bot 2, it looks like progress is accelerating/ Why manufacture even 100 mk2 bots and train people how to use them, if within 6 months you have a mk3 that weighs less, costs less, and moves faster and is smarter?
Obviously at some point you have to actuallt ship a product, but I dont expect to see a teslabot contributing meaningfully in any Tesla facility for at least a year. Robotics is HARD, and humans are very capable.
If by the end of 2024 we see footage of tesla bots completing some small task in a factory on a daily basis, I would be very happy as an investor.

2024 is cybertruck and semi year. You need to focus on that as an investor. 2025 MIGHT be teslabot and mexico.

Some anecdotal evidence of how the general public has changed its opinion about Tesla: I just had a chat with my car insurance agent. When I bought my Model S 8 years ago he was very much interested in the car, but definitely not interested in buying a Tesla. Presumably because he then viewed Tesla as being too risky in terms of company survival.
Today he again wanted to see my new car and was very much interested in the pricing of new Teslas. He’s currently driving a hybrid that’s almost end-of-lease and knows his next car will be fully electric (because of the tax rules).
The interesting thing is how he views the car market: He thinks the Chinese brands will conquer the world mainly because of how much car you get for a certain budget. The main problem is the longevity of those brands, as he’s also convinced that most of them will go bankrupt. He only trusts BYD to survive. He has no trust in the legacy car manufacturers wrt electric cars: he has seen too much technical problems with the cars of his clientele, citing one case were a client had his car for 8 months in service before they found the solution for an issue with the battery. As a result, he only trusts one brand for his next car: Tesla.
Even though he knows almost nothing about which cars Tesla is selling and what the difference is.
Not a single word about Elon.

Your car insurance agent is more knowledgable about the current and future car trends than 99% of wall street.