Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry you are so tired, and maybe you don't feel like answering. But I ask respectfully, why is the investors' roundtable thread the wrong place to discuss the CEO's compensation package?
Well, nobody is actually discussing a compensation package because there isn’t one. A single person is derailing the thread with rants because they don’t comprehend what Elon actually said, which was wonderful explained in detail.

This video resonate so much with the summary I did a few weeks ago after test driving the BYD, there is the appearance of more, adding thigs that doesn't matter, more useless details on the exterior that likely hurt aerodynamics, a screen that rotates, a "luxury" interior with a mess of parts and details

But when comes to the part that matters? Like routing you through chargers? Nope, can't do something that basic in 2024

We have had a similar experience with our Chinese-built Great Wall Motors Ora Good Cat. It's cute and mostly functional, but charging, traction control and S/W are truly light years behind our Shanghai-built Model Y.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 26
The hostility on this forum for anyone who dares to question Elon is not at all helpful for dialog.

I can understand Elon's point but I do not think a public forum is the best place to bring it up, the stock has already been under so much pressure one would hope that Elon would not want to do anything that would make it worse, but then again, that's Elon.

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow but I can't see this helping in any way.

Buckle up.

How dare people on a Tesla investment forum care when the CEO of Tesla says he will no longer work on two big growth projects at Tesla because he wants more shares, and threatens to instead work on them at other companies he starts in competition to Tesla.

If he ever actually says that, I promise, I will care... :p ... just a little bit, for you.

Until then can someone get the stuck needle off this record.

good to see some positive stuff from Rohan

Had a back and forth on Friday night with @elonmusk about a large AI data center investment he decided to approve, which he has been tracking closely for many months. Hard to imagine a CEO more involved in the most important details of their company than E

Damage control
If Elon hadn’t tweeted, Rohan would not have to share this in public ..

Analyzing the situation it seems pretty clear what is happening. To keep it simple there's two situations.

1. Elon loses the shareholder lawsuit and doesn't get a new incentive package. Then all his work after 2018 will not be compensated, he will only have 13 percent of the shares, so it's really a loss of around 600 million options (300 million from 2018 and 300 from a hypothetical new incentive package)

2. Elon does not lose the lawsuit and a new incentive package comes modeled after the old one. His stake is 400 million shares he owns today + 600 million in stock options. He will have to sell 200-300 million shares for taxes, and exercise the rest of the options for stock. That's the ~25 percent Elon is demanding.

So the 25 percent is not really a number Elon randomly chose, but that's the amount that a new stock incentive plan and not taking his 2018 plan would end up at.

I think personally as a shareholder we are almost all fine with giving another incentive plan to him, but the way he's dragging us across the mud by threatening to stunt Tesla's growth in AI/robo is not something he should be doing, especially with what long-term shareholders did to support him over the years.
He didn’t threaten anything. Gawd! Are people really that dense when it comes to comprehension skills?

Also 6 seater was promised. No ramp either. No mention of needing an extender to get more range that takes up the whole bed.

Also from what I'm reading the range is nowhere near 340.

... and don't forget they only have between two and three million reservations.

How will this truck ever be the success we all expected. It is only sold out for another six or eight years. Nobody wants it.

I'm gonna go have a good cry. Your intellect overwhelms me.

/s

:) just a rhyme, but meaning is like movies with sound IIRC, as compared to silet movies. Used loosely (made up) for More drama ...

Since evening, I have been planning what I need to do tomorrow ... Fri I had closed some positions, sold Jan 25 400 CC and have 36K as cash ...
.. I wanted to sell shares in my personal at 300, but things don't go according to plan ... :)
No matter what brother, you are in a better position than you could ever have imagined. I know you will do great things. This is but the beginning of a glorious new chapter!

Reactions: elasalle
I was about to move an additional 5 figures into Tesla today. Elon's comment stopped me. I don't disagree with him, but I didn't know he wasn't getting compensated. While a compensation package is well-deserved, it was he and he alone that lost his shares to purchase Twitter. That said, seems like having the best selling car in the world in 2023 deserves something...but I don't know the board well enough to know where they'll fall - so I'm on the sidelines.

Elon would do better not speaking...but hey, that's hard when you are doing AMAZING things and deserve the credit. Still, get someone better at product marketing and investor relations unless the whole design is to cause turmoil, stay within SEC regulations, and create buying opportunities for believers.

I was more impressed at the Diablo world record this week (which I respect - especially that someone that busy still makes time for gaming!). My eldest is brilliant and has Asperger's so I get it. But while it didn't feel like a 'threat' to me, it felt like a 'hey board - pay me for what I've delivered or I'm gone'.

Elon's following is so significant that if they don't find a way to mend it, they will lose him...and I have to believe they know this. And if Elon leaves, many will follow, including me...but I don't believe that will happen.

Last edited: