Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
,<snip>
Anyway, the Volvo remains with all the warning signs as launched. Maybe there will be a OTA update (oops Recall) to make their fonts "better and/or safer". /s I'm worried because I'd never heard of an unsafe, accident causing font before. Ignorant me./ss Luckily my Model S has been suitably updated. To my chagrin I cannot perceive the difference./sss
Exactly, you hit on it. How many other vehicle manufacturers (including farm and construction) utilize icons with slightly smaller fonts for things like Park or Brake? Many of not most I would bet? Here's an X post illustrating the difference after the update,:

Can you spell BFD?

The oversized problem here is inherent in the term "Recall". I am certain that 99.44% of the participants in this thread, and 100% of its non-trolls, are absolutely aware that the ratio of so-called recalls that are addressed by over-the-air updates versus needing human intervention is on the order of 1:99; possibly more at 1:999. It is ever-frustrating that, apparently because of an anachronistic feature of the NHTSA (shocking, isn't it?!) which mandates the use of that word, a more appropriate one is not used. Who would like to count how many times Apple has issued Recalls of all its products? Per NHTSA's wording, it should be in the thousands.

We all know that "patch" or "update" is the correct term, but I defy any news organization to apply that when discussing Tesla. EVEN THE ONES most supportive of the company. Sure makes for fine, misleading, and overall reprehensible journalism.

Non-compliance with Federal requirements necessitates a recall.
Recalls address compliance issues and safety defects. There are not major vs minor compliance issues. It's pass or fail.
New vehicles that are not in compliance with FMVSS are non-saleable.

Apple does not need to comply with FMVSS. Apple does need to comply with FCC. If there were a safety issue with Apple, that would be handled by CPSC (like the Samsung Note recall).

Exactly, you hit on it. How many other vehicle manufacturers (including farm and construction) utilize icons with slightly smaller fonts for things like Park or Brake? Many of not most I would bet? Here's an X post illustrating the difference after the update,:

Can you spell BFD?
Can they send the recalls out digitally? cause it's a huge waste of trees and stamp cost to send out a few million recall letters.

I respect a lot of members on this forum and would be interested on comments supporting the

"Shareholder Letter to Tesla's Board of Directors"​

I like the idea of Tesla support...
but I am unwilling to let "Survey Monkey" know my name and my shareholdings.
&
I am confident that Elon Musk and the Board are doing the right things without my guidance...

Can you spell BFD?
I'm really relieved at this update.

The other day I was travelling 80 MPH down the highway, just staring incessantly at the red icon for a couple of minutes, trying to figure out if it said "Break" or "Brake" or "Bark". Fortunately I was on FSD and I had a pair of googly eyes taped to my forehead (looking forward and simultaneously slightly to the left) to fool the cabin camera.

1. I know I wasn't driving a dog or a tree, so I knew it wasn't "bark".
2. I didn't feel like I was working very hard, so I thought it was unlikely that the car was asking me to take a break.
3. Once I finally figured it out I looked up and I missed a collision by mere inches.

Thanks NHTSA for focusing on the important stuff while 95% of vehicles out there are death traps!

Help me out here....is it possible to charge that fast if you don't care about longevity of the battery?
The point is that they are likely doing that while caring about battery, at least I haven't seen any reports of Taycans or e-Tron GT with degradation issues

It might be that the way they do that don't align with Tesla values, such as having a lot of Cobalt in the cells or something like that

Looks like good ol Toyota is changing course again.

"Ammonia, ammonia, ammonia.

Get off, get off get off."

Hydrogen explodes but ammonia is toxic. Ammonia is used as the active fluid in some commercial refrigeration systems. Leaks have caused major issues where ammonia is used.

The point is that they are likely doing that while caring about battery, at least I haven't seen any reports of Taycans or e-Tron GT with degradation issues
It was clearly identified as a prototype. So, they may just be testing to see how bad things get when they allow that level of charging. No current production Taycan or e-Tron GT charges at those speeds.

I respect a lot of members on this forum and would be interested on comments supporting the

"Shareholder Letter to Tesla's Board of Directors"​

I don't understand the purpose of the letter. To the best of their ability, within the confines of the law, this is basically what the board plans to do anyway.

It was clearly identified as a prototype. So, they may just be testing to see how bad things get when they allow that level of charging. No current production Taycan or e-Tron GT charges at those speeds.

True, I remember when the current Taycan was supposed to charge above 300 kW in a update but it never happened, still charges faster power wise with a smaller battery pack than Model S/X and significantly smaller than Cybertruck

1706906612203.png

Attachments

• 1706906595548.png
    1706906595548.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Informative
Reactions: EVCollies and MikeC
As Ethiopia goes, so goes the USA?

So it rings with this by-background ex-Downeaster. Probably too many young'uns in this forum for the chuckle it deserves though, unfortunately.
In ancient times Ethiopian Air Lines was the best African carrier, run by a TWA executive who was fluent in four languages. His son later became President of Lufthansa and alter President of Delta.
So, in part Ethiopia has influenced US business in a positive way. I am biased.

Still, in recent discussion with some Tanzanians on this east subject, the expectation of the Ethiopian action clearly was supported. In east Africa the Chinese role in helping adopt renewables and excise the massive fuel import costs is obvious and welcomed.

These markets may not be large, but the combination of Tesla Energy and Tesla vehicles could be of major benefit, if only by offering choices. The problem is ability of Tesla to scale, nothing else.

And you know that how? They certainly haven't shared any plans with us.
All three points from the letter are already being pursued.
1. Move to Texas: Elon said this was happening pending a vote. He wouldn't say this without talking to the board first.
2. Affirm the 2018 vote: The board will have to follow the law. But they will obviously want to respect the spirit of the vote as much as possible.
3. Give Elon a new compensation package: Elon already said the board was working on it.

The only one that hasn't been shared publicly by Elon is #2. But I don't think the board needs to be told this in a letter.

So again, I don't understand the point of the letter. What does the letter ask the board to do that they aren't already working on?