Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price of goods and services everywhere seem to be going up, except
The price of teslas. That does not compute. Customers are paying more
For everything except they expect teslas to be cheaper?

Tesla has to increase awareness of how cheap their cars are and
What great value they represent.

They don’t necessarily need to lower prices and sacrify margins.

Last edited:
I believe a lot of long term holders will be throwing in the towel today, finally.
Haha this reminds me of a post back on Dec 28, 2022:
I'm not a tesla investor, but wonder, is there anyone still hodling tsla?
That was back when TSLA was around $125 a share. So I posted this:
Well, I started buying in 2013 and still haven’t sold a single share

View attachment 889635
Since the stock is about 40% higher now than it was then, why would I sell now??

HODL

Scoble:

TLDR: Optimus is learning to drive.
Robot-as-a-service via Robotaxi.
We're going to be rich.
And Google glasses are the future? This guy spends his life praising any technology he can get his hands on (mostly fads), he sell his soul/voice for any price as long as his name shows up next to a future big brand. He never learns and he's 59. He could right some day, though.

True, I was thinking about that after I posted, if you removed anything else from a Uno from those times it probably couldn't drive

I remember my parents picking a brand new one circa 2004, it was the coolest thing ever because the panel lighting was blue instead of the usual green, truly revolutionary
I had a ~1984 Uno Turbo ie that was insanely fast and so 'solid' that the doors would flap a bit when going above 150 kph, which it easily did. I lived, it never crashed, I really liked it, but eventually bought a BMW Z1, just about as unsafe, but more refined. Then the notion of an electric car was a fantasy; then came 2012 and a Model S changed my entire auto world!

I had a ~1984 Uno Turbo ie that was insanely fast and so 'solid' that the doors would flap a bit when going above 150 kph, which it easily did. I lived, it never crashed, I really liked it, but eventually bought a BMW Z1, just about as unsafe, but more refined. Then the notion of an electric car was a fantasy; then came 2012 and a Model S changed my entire auto world!
I’ve had the pleasure of driving a Uno a few times

I still remember when my father was driving a rental one in a vacation and me asking why he don’t accelerate all the way since we were going so slow up a hill, and he saying that was all the way 🤣

But if everything goes right for the next days, in less than I week I will be driving a Model 3 for a while, my perspective on cars will likely change forever

Problem is everybody has political leanings, and if things get polarized enough a non-negligible number of investors might sell
Not true. Some? A lot? Most? 🤷🏻

I have no political leaning. I know other people who don’t either. I know people who identify themselves a particular political way, but act like it doesn’t actually matter. I know people who identify themselves a particular way but complain about their political representatives as much as the opposition. And so on -

I don’t disagree that there are people so staunchly in their political corner that they’ll sabotage themselves to represent.

You mean because it looks similar to the maximum 16-bit integer, 32,767?

Oh man, you might be onto something, would be hilarious if when a higher power update comes it says

“Increased maximum charging power by updating the variable to long”

And honestly, this kind of make sense in true Tesla fashion, why allocate more space for the charge power variable if no Teslas charge at above 250 kW? Excluding Semi

News blog on Giga Berlin:
+++ 2:08 p.m. Minister calls Tesla boss: “Elon Musk was very matter-of-fact” +++

According to Brandenburg's Economics Minister Jörg Steinbach (SPD), Tesla boss Elon Musk reacted objectively to the attack, which has temporarily paralyzed the factory in Germany. Steinbach spoke to the company boss on the phone on Tuesday. “Elon Musk was very matter-of-fact and confident in his reaction,” said Steinbach to the “Tagesspiegel” (Wednesday/online). “There was immediate agreement that nothing should happen in response that would have allowed the attackers to succeed. At the same time, he naturally called for both a solidarity response and concrete trust-building responses to support the company and its employees.” (dpa)

Good to hear there are direct talks, not just messaging (which can often lead to misunderstandings, at least that´s my personal experience)