Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Theory: What if the reason why we don't have V12 is because their system isn't capable of keeping up with more users without adding more risk. Maybe they can't utilize any additional video if they're at capacity with their current Beta feedback volume. This would be as opposed to allowing more users but without the capacity to absorb it all fast enough which only increases the risk of accidents early on. They still have their own employees out roaming the countryside, so why not absorb what they can while minimizing risks. (At least that's a reason I could support anyway.)

Theory: What if the reason why we don't have V12 is because their system isn't capable of keeping up with more users without adding more risk. Maybe they can't utilize any additional video if they're at capacity with their current Beta feedback volume. This would be as opposed to allowing more users but without the capacity to absorb it all fast enough which only increases the risk of accidents early on. They still have their own employees out roaming the countryside, so why not absorb what they can while minimizing risks. (At least that's a reason I could support anyway.)
The could just turn the feedback volume of uploads back to mothership off/down ... cheers!!

Breaking: Tesla Semi Production comes to 🇩🇪 Giga Berlin

Elon Musk during the Q&A of the Giga Berlin employees today, "I think it makes sense to produce the Semi truck in Europe at Giga Berlin as well," Musk said according to a video recording.

Source Handelsblatt, that wrote it has the video where Elon confirmed it.
It has made sense for a while, the problem is we don’t have a timescale.

They could just turn the feedback volume of uploads back to mothership off/down ... cheers!!
Yes, but what does Tesla gain?

They seem to be posturing for an all out war, blow it out of the park system. And the moment it blows our way could come with some other goodies. I'm only trying to look at other reasons why it's not out yet - besides as an abundance of caution. As it appears, my system is much less safe than V12's. So something else gives here. Maybe even a new threat (or weakness) they don't want revealed. Anyway, there's a reason we don't know about... yet.

Meanwhile, more dips in AH... wow.

Last edited:
A bit of the background on Ford switching to NACS in this interview with Jim Farley.

-Jim Farley made it a priority about 2 years ago after a road trip with his kids in a F150 Lightning.
-Initially some resistance from Tesla.
-Doug Fields was able to make some progress with his contacts but ultimately Jim Farley had to call Elon with a proposal.
-The proposal he made was to make NACS native to Ford vehicles if they had access to the network.
-Some discussion on the moving the port location on future vehicles. It sounds like they will move the port, but in the end Jim F. did not want to give away information on future vehicles.
-Jim has been impressed with the Tesla team in that they worked hard to get it done.

Can anyone confirm? This article (from...PCMag in the Middle East...) is saying that no supercharger in SF, Seattle, Chicago, Miami, and only 1 supercharger in NYC can charge non-Tesla's right now because they haven't been upgraded in large cities.

Edit: Can confirm after visiting: https://www.tesla.com/findus?filters=nacs