Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's right. It's robotaxi or bust! (literally?)
Not reassuring. But it seems you will be correct.

Let me throw this out there to chew on since Tesla is pivoting. With three state-of-the-art factories around the world at various stages of less than capacity. What is the future of Fremont?

Last edited:
Is this manipulation or is there a rational reason for Fisker's value to more than double today?

Screenshot_20240415_133822_StockSpy.jpg

In my opinion, Tesla is more valuable than the value currently indicated by TSLA.

Is this manipulation or is there a rational reason for Fisker's value to more than double today?

View attachment 1038785

In my opinion, Tesla is more valuable than the value currently indicated by TSLA.
The company is worth $31million lol, it’s down 99.55% over two years. When you have something that is so very badly beaten down, it’s much more likely to double than be cut in half again.

That's right. It's robotaxi or bust! (literally?)

According to that wild rumour being reported, Tesla is scrapping the new unboxed production line for the $25k car and instead building a massive data centre there. I find that unbelievable for two reasons. First, you would still need the new gigatexas unboxed production line for building robotaxis (unless the plan is to start with model Y/3 based robotaxis), and secondly Tesla can fit both a large data centre and the new production line in gigatexas no problem.

I know many posters here claim this often, but I don't feel the majority of people feel this way. Most people I know, and I'm talking about average or below average wealth people, they value money over safety because they are strapped financially. Most people would never consider paying for a software to drive them around when they can do it themselves for free, even if it is less safe.

I often see Tesla bulls claiming once FSD is solved the take rate will skyrocket and the price will go up, but personally I do not see it playing out that way. Most people can't afford FSD today at $12K so they certainly won't be able to afford it at a higher price, no matter how good it is.

My personal opinion is Tesla will LOWER the price once FSD is solved in order to increase adoption. Bulls like to forecast tens of billions of dollars of FSD profit, but it's important to remember Tesla's mission is NOT to produce huge profits, it's to create a better world. Look at how Tesla is willing to drop margins on the cars in order to increase sales, FSD will likely play out the same way in my opinion.

People like Gary Black get blasted for looking at TSLA's future conservatively, but to me many TSLA bulls go too far in the optimistic direction. Remember Tesla's mission and don't let emotions get in the way of being realistic or practical. And just because many of us here can easily afford to pay $12K+ for FSD does not mean most other people ever would.

IMHO of course, just my two cents.

Will be spun as bullish in 3, 2, ….

I wonder what’s different now, causing all these very long term amazing employees to leave Tesla. Hmmm. Must be that main stream media again.
It’s Ken Griffin and Citadel manipulating the market again.
Drew and Rohan leaving are sad news indeed. Concerning how they happened simultaneously too, in my opinion.
If you disagree with Elon on the Model 2 delay and Robotaxi priority plan then you get fired.

According to that wild rumour being reported, Tesla is scrapping the new unboxed production line for the $25k car and instead building a massive data centre there. I find that unbelievable for two reasons. First, you would still need the new gigatexas unboxed production line for building robotaxis (unless the plan is to start with model Y/3 based robotaxis), and secondly Tesla can fit both a large data centre and the new production line in gigatexas no problem.

Here's a wild counterpoint theory:

Tesla found something in FSD development that tells them the current FSD HW is insufficient to solve >L2. Both in the car and the datacenter.

Thus you delay next-gen production until you solve FSD and KNOW your HW requirements- because Elon does not want to make a next-gen car that can't FOR SURE be a robotaxi.

And they need a new giant datacenter to help them do that.

I have to say, I agree with all those saying that the “leaving to spend more time with family” excuse is not the real reason these two left.

Everyone knows that is the excuse so often used it’s a cliche when someone has been asked to resign. It has been parodied for decades, these days it’s actually what you say when you want people to know you have been asked to resign.

However I think it’s probable there may have been good cause to let these two go. 4680 is way behind schedule, no way to argue that it hasnt and drew was overseeing that effort. And Rohan is in charge of government relations and new business developments, two areas that perhaps have been underperforming of late (for instance WTF is happening with GigaMexico? Why did the GigaShanghai expansion not go ahead? Where is the other new international expansions?)

I have to say, I agree with all those saying that the “leaving to spend more time with family” excuse is not the real reason these two left.

Everyone knows that is the excuse so often used it’s a cliche when someone has been asked to resign. It has been parodied for decades, these days it’s actually what you say when you want people to know you have been asked to resign.

However I think it’s probable there may have been good cause to let these two go. 4680 is way behind schedule, no way to argue that it hasnt and drew was overseeing that effort. And Rohan is in charge of government relations and new business developments, two areas that perhaps have been underperforming of late (for instance WTF is happening with GigaMexico? Why did the GigaShanghai expansion not go ahead? Where is the other new international expansions?)
I agree with you about Drew. We are way too behind on 4680. We’ve somewhat bet the company on it and it’s nowhere close to being ready. He needed to go.

However I think it’s probable there may have been good cause to let these two go. 4680 is way behind schedule, no way to argue that it hasnt and drew was overseeing that effort. And Rohan is in charge of government relations and new business developments, two areas that perhaps have been underperforming of late (for instance WTF is happening with GigaMexico? Why did the GigaShanghai expansion not go ahead? Where is the other new international expansions?
I agree with the first part of your post but not the second.

The 4680 delay is on Elon and now he is repeating the same mistake by going all in on the robotaxi.
The Mexico factory has stopped because it was supposed to build the smaller/ cheaper vehicle. It’s redundant now in effect as Tesla’s already has excess capacity.

Sad that people think that people who work in a high profile job at Tesla for 18 years, and have young kids and $100m in the bank could not POSSIBLY want some time with their family?

Sure it’s POSSIBLE, and it’s fine if that is the conclusion you yourself are comfortable with.

But for reference it is such an overused excuse that people that get fired even joke about it:

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpeg
    IMG_1069.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 3
That's not answering the question.

Is it manipulation to make money from stock swings or is it a rational and accurate value of the company?

Daily movement of most stocks are irrelevant and for one specifically down 99% soon to go bankrupt (going to $0), some people want to just trade the day to day gamble. Anyone can manipulate a stock worth $0.02 if you even want to call it manipulation. Don't think too hard or much on Fisker. You're wasting your time/thought cycles.