Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been any progress on the communication vacuum yet? I would think this would be a high priority fire to put out. Has tesla started to rehire or rebuild the tesla supercharger tesm yet.

Where is/was the supercharge team employed? Fremont, Texas, Buffalo???
Why do you need to know the answers to those specific questions? You - specifically.

And you don’t need to answer on the forum, it’s really just a question to ask yourself and then when you have the answer you’ll have a path forward.

Has there been any progress on the communication vacuum yet? I would think this would be a high priority fire to put out. Has tesla started to rehire or rebuild the tesla supercharger tesm yet.

Where is/was the supercharge team employed? Fremont, Texas, Buffalo???
According to a source familiar with the issue....all is under control.
This source also says it is fun to watch all the hand wringing and pearl clutching going on.

The source also wonders why so many panties are in a bunch.

I used Chargepoint once at a museum. It worked (L2) but the main reason was the rest of the parking lot was full.
I’ve used non-Tesla chargers before without issue. Maybe my lack of angst because I mostly use others at destinations, rather than during critical travel points. Maybe I don’t have issues because I drive the better make of EV? Maybe it’s because I plan better, always having alternative choices, never running my battery below a point I can get somewhere else should the fueling station be non-functioning? Or that I expect others to be more challenging and cumbersome than Tesla chargers so I’m mentally prepared and my expectations are minimal? 🤷

Out of Spec Kyle posted that he knows contractors who are working currently directly with Tesla and those folks can't find anyone to talk to at all. Some other posts I've seen showed soon to be deployed sites were cancelled. Take it for what it's worth.
There is a problem with your logic. You say everyone is gone. Then who exactly backed out of the leases?

Wouldn't that mean it happened before the layoff? Maybe the team backed out of leases for expansions that were necessary, and that is part of the reason that Elon let the team go.

Really, we don't have the information. (And I certainly wouldn't trust any information coming out of that "click farm".)

Why do you need to know the answers to those specific questions? You - specifically.

And you don’t need to answer on the forum, it’s really just a question to ask yourself and then when you have the answer you’ll have a path forward.
As to where the team was employed, I’m curious. Nobody seems to know.

As to whether communication has been restored, I think it goes to contractors having confidence in dealing with tesla. Contractors in future will be hesitant to deal with a company they can’t communicate with. I would think that’s not the kind of reputation tesla would want.

Competition, of which reliability will play a crucial part, will be a factor in the evolution of charging.

Electrify America failed as it was done as a punishment for VW's Dieselgate, wasn't it? They didn't care if it succeeded, then simply had to make the effort.

Now that BEV adoption is obviously the way of the future, those who get into the charging market will be more interested in deploying quality products with reliability to increase what I expect will be tight margins.

Meanwhile, Tesla is good at manufacturing, so, these new companies don't have to reinvent the wheel. They can buy and install Tesla Superchargers with rebranding decals if they want to grow a profitable network quickly. We've already seen companies doing this.
Yea!

Will they be in car navigation?
Will they be in the app?
Will the fees for charging just happen automatically like they do now?

Year ago we cheered that Tesla charging standard was taking over and SuperCharger network was great for Tesla and EV adoption because of the reliability and the other charging companies sucked. Now the cheer is that Tesla is going to let others do it.

FCF is lumpy, historically. I think we need to give it another Q before calling it a "major issue."
Not really. Were that issue not to have fomented major changes we might argue it is insignificant. However, it is not, especially in Elon's world where he watches that metric very closely. It is, for him, as close as you can get to a 'measure of merit'.

As several have already posted, including me, the primary question now is whether the steps now being executed are both effective and sufficient. That question remains.

Nobody knows the real reason that some supercharger staff were let go. Nobody knows how many, and nobody knows what will happen next.
Everyone is racing in circles of anger based on a report from reuters (for the love of god, these people have lied CONSTANTLY about tesla), and some tweets.
We don't even know if there have been redundancies in the SC team outside the US.
Furious speculation based on hardly any data is not the way to make good investments. Its a great way to hand piles of money to wall st who encourage you to BUY BUY BIY because elon is in china and then SELL SELL SELL because supercharger staff, and then SELL because elon unfollowed omar and then BUY because he re-followed omar...
Everyone chill and HOLD :D.

As to where the team was employed, I’m curious. Nobody seems to know.
So, not important in the scheme of anything.
As to whether communication has been restored, I think it goes to contractors having confidence in dealing with tesla. Contractors in future will be hesitant to deal with a company they can’t communicate with. I would think that’s not the kind of reputation tesla would want.
Valid to a certain extent. I could come up with dozens of reasons why it probably isn’t an issue. Can you come up with, say, three reasons from the other side? It’s an exercise in looking for a path forward that you may have overlooked by defaulting to the ‘this is bad’.

Year ago we cheered that Tesla charging standard was taking over and SuperCharger network was great for Tesla and EV adoption because of the reliability and the other charging companies sucked.
No, the "Tesla charging standard" was/is not taking over. The only part that is taking over is the physical connector. The actual communication and payment method used for NACS/J3400 is still same as what the CCS connector has used all along.

While Tesla has opened some Superchargers to some OEMs with payment available via Plug&Charge, Tesla has yet to enable Plug&Charge on Tesla vehicles for other charging networks. For example, you can't Plug&Charge your Tesla at EA. (I'm not sure what other charging networks support Plug&Charge; for example I don't think EVgo does they do something different and proprietary.)

Wasserkrieg:

"Brandenburg's Environment Minister Vogel confirms that Tesla's water consumption in 🇩🇪 Giga Berlin is not above average but, on the contrary, below average.

"Tesla is a lesson: we absolutely need a water check when settling here", "And secondly, Tesla has been put under enormous pressure to reduce its water consumption. And they have done so."

"The quantities for the e-car plant are nothing in comparison to the really large water consumers in Brandenburg," said Vogel.

"Whether it's the Rüdersdorf cement works nearby, the Eisenhüttenstadt or Hennigsdorf steelworks, the paper mills or the Schwedt refinery."

The water consumption of the Strausberg-Erkner water association has fallen since the Tesla factory went into operation.

Nobody knows the real reason that some supercharger staff were let go. Nobody knows how many, and nobody knows what will happen next.
Everyone is racing in circles of anger based on a report from reuters (for the love of god, these people have lied CONSTANTLY about tesla), and some tweets.
We don't even know if there have been redundancies in the SC team outside the US.
Furious speculation based on hardly any data is not the way to make good investments. Its a great way to hand piles of money to wall st who encourage you to BUY BUY BIY because elon is in china and then SELL SELL SELL because supercharger staff, and then SELL because elon unfollowed omar and then BUY because he re-followed omar...
Everyone chill and HOLD :D.
Not sure if anyone caught my comment few days ago - There were "1,805 employees" in Tesla Buffalo NY according to the official UAW tracker. So 1/3 let go, or UAW is clueless?

My point, and your's too - we still don't know do we? Instead, it's blown out of proportion on all 3 axis.

Interesting 🤔

Mar 29, 2024

Apr 17, 2024

So you sold between Mar 29 and Apr 17. During this period, the highest $TSLA price on regular trading hours was $179.22 on Apr. 9.

You back?
View attachment 1043731
Situation pending. From recent posts you might logically infer that my intentions are waiting for confirmations. I am encouraged. Your assessment of sales price is interesting.

…I'm finding this forum a more bloated, mind-numbing waste of time lately. And I have over 90 members…on ignore.
MOD's- I'd love it if you folks would step in and risk hurting some feelings or whatever it takes.
@Musskiah PLEASE just:
View attachment 1043691
Ask and ye shall receive:

Re-instituting two long-neglected, but never repealed, policies:

• Participants who state that they have placed others on Ignore;
  • Participants who campaign in any fashion for others to place others on Ignore;
  • Participants who state indirect “I’ve Ignored” comments like “Gee, a lot of posts here responding to something I’ve not read”;
  • Participants who, in the opinion of a Moderator, have their knees and thumbs linked: their knee-jerk response to another poster’s post is to ThumbsDown it;
  • Participants who persistently ignore Moderator dicta regarding personal attacks;

Are subject to a No-Further-Warning ban of indeterminate length. Violators of the final two bullet points will find that a longer length.

ALL OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED ACTS are inimical to adult discussion. For the past dozen years I have made no bones about my distaste for the ThumbsDown symbol: if you disagree with a post; if you dislike a portion of another’s argument, then by God bring it up in conversation and discuss what it is that you consider wrong.

Or go away.

Year ago we cheered that Tesla charging standard was taking over and SuperCharger network was great for Tesla and EV adoption because of the reliability and the other charging companies sucked. Now the cheer is that Tesla is going to let others do it.
Things change. Sometimes quickly and seemingly overnight. Everything is a moving target. Don’t know how else to say it to you.

• Funny
Reactions: 2Pearls
The actual communication and payment method used for NACS/J3400 is still same as what the CCS connector has used all along.

Are you sure that CCS uses the same communications protocol as Tesla Supercharger (NACS)? My friend's September 2019 Model 3 cannot use CCS without having an adapter board installed.

@unk45. As an illustration, see the following press release about the state of the car market in Belgium Q1 24: Analyse du marché automobile au 1er trimestre 2024 | FEBIAC (I found this article while looking if the april data was already released).

The Model Y is the most sold car model in Belgium overall and in Flanders. In Wallonia, the Dacia Sandero is the most sold car. The Sandero is probably the cheapest car on the Belgian market.
In Flanders there was 55% growth for EV’s YoY, and no growth in Wallonia.
You are a fount of useful information! This dichotomy neatly explains regional differences in EV penetration in many countries, including each of Tesla's major sources of sales. Belgium, by it's nearly unique structure, makes less obvious locations much easier to see.