Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT but kind of funny if you have been following the CT frunk cutting vegetables.

Turns out each closing of the trunk without latching increases the force. YouTuber almost cut his finger off repeatedly using without latching.

A representative from Tesla finally jumped in and explained what's happening.

“None of the Big 4 AI players can beat that.”

This is an absurd statement on par with saying Tesla cant beat smaller EV manufacturers because one may have doubled sales year on year from 10k to 20k.

The “big 4” are spending somewhere between $7 Billion to $10 Billion per quarter each on AI infrastructure, while Tesla spent ~$1 Billion in Q1.
Is it? Or is it 2018 all over again? When everyone said it was absurd that Tesla could compete with Big 3 auto. And here we are...

got my CT VIN today !!! for 2/15/24 order ..LFG 📐
just happened to look at app this AM not sure how long it has been there .. no call or email from Tesla good to see the lack of customer service has not changed /s
I've been driving a CT for a few days now. I can honestly say that it's a spectacular vehicle. Tesla hasn't lost its touch for making superior products.

I scrolled quickly by the last few pages of annoying arguments between two members who should know better - at least for boring us with their pissing contest - and realized nobody has mentioned our amazing green day! Whoo-hoo! Up +0.01%! I'm up... (checks dynamic Sheet)... three figures. Sweet.

AND we broke $180!! Let's pop the Prosecco! ;)

1714703357648.png

Last edited:

26 more jobs eliminated today. It's becoming a near-daily occurrence.

EDIT - unclear if this is in addition to or part of the 500 SC team firings.
Buffalo installing Halfa$B DOJO. Gigafactory 2 becomes data center. Supercharges/Solar out, AI In. MasterPlan X.AI

So what's the consensus? Are we voting yes or no?
YES.
We cannot break a promise .
Yes, I wish Elon sold his shares differently than dumping in the open market . I wish he never bought the birdie. I wish he doesn’t tweet political stuff as he is the face of Tesla . But these issues don’t give us the right to break a deal once made in good faith and promised compensation .
We can always try to have the board draw up guidelines for handling of future compensation and share sale etc .
A promise is a promise and a Deal once made cannot be rescinded unilaterally .

There's been a lot of speculation around Tesla pivoting hard to AI/FSD/RoboTaxi over the last few weeks. It feels more risky because dumb EVs have done us very well over the last few years, but after some soul searching I think it's the right thing to do to swing for the fences to make a product that is seriously differentiated and hard to copy.

Look at what China is pumping out at $20k already. There's no avenue for wide margins with dumb EVs. Avoiding a race to the bottom on manufacturing costs is a good idea.
Wow, amazing. They can get a car out for $24k with 0-60 at about 3.5 seconds, a lidar, and 48 inches Led screen.

But this car would not be able to compete with a Tesla model 3 with FSD.

I can see the reason that Elon is going for FSD.

YES.
We cannot break a promise .
Yes, I wish Elon sold his shares differently than dumping in the open market . I wish he never bought the birdie. I wish he doesn’t tweet political stuff as he is the face of Tesla . But these issues don’t give us the right to break a deal once made in good faith and promised compensation .
We can always try to have the board draw up guidelines for handling of future compensation and share sale etc .
A promise is a promise and a Deal once made cannot be rescinded unilaterally .

Same- that one wasn't even a question for me.

Neither was voting NO for Kimball "dumped at the top" being reelected to the board.

The incorporation move was the only tough one for me--- if it had been to Nevada it's a no-brainer yes, they've got a solid established history of good corporate law and courts familiar with this stuff. Texas not so much.