Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla vision camera fogging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla X 2022 that the windshield glass in front of the telsa vision cameras has fogged redenering anytype of auto pilot useless.

How are you supposed to clear that? It seems like a non-trival effort to take the camera housing off.

Seems like a design problem but I need to get it cleared up.

I have a Tesla X 2022 that the windshield glass in front of the telsa vision cameras has fogged redenering anytype of auto pilot useless.
How are you supposed to clear that? It seems like a non-trival effort to take the camera housing off.
Seems like a design problem but I need to get it cleared up.
I believe the camera module is heated, at least on mine the glass is always cleared in that location, even if the rest of the car is covered in frost. I would open a service ticket on it, and ask Tesla. Perhaps yours is not heating properly.

Upvote 0
Talk to your service enter. Likely a loose connection. The windshield is heated automatically to prevent fogging and it looks like yours stopped working. Mine failed when Tesla replaced the front camera and I lost Autopilot. Tough time with the service center but I did get it fixed.

Upvote 0
I finally got to the service center and they said that the heating element(s) in the windshield in front of the cameras were not working. Got a windshield ordered for next week installation when I received a notification "we have an unexpected shop capacity constraint". Who comes up with this. So now I am waiting for another appointment at a another service center. In the mean time my X is driving blind.

Upvote 0
I believe the camera module is heated, at least on mine the glass is always cleared in that location, even if the rest of the car is covered in frost. I would open a service ticket on it, and ask Tesla. Perhaps yours is not heating properly.
After a trip to the service center, that is what they said too. Need to replace the windshield. Hope this doesn't happen often.

Upvote 0