Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vocational Trucks

What up-fit to a tesla truck would you be most excited about?

• Ice-cream

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • dump truck

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all wish every vehicle format was made by Tesla and electrified. They sure make a good product. I'm hoping for a reveal shortly of a medium duty truck for use in applications such as city delivery, moving, waste removal, concrete mixer, snow plows, utility service, and ambulances. These more urban vehicles will benefit from electrification greatly since they spend more time idling, and more time around humans in close quarter city streets where air ventilation is typically not as good. Tesla only needs to produce two or so chassis's with varying frame thicknesses for these vehicles which then get up-fitted by aftermarket manufactures just as they do presently. I just thought they would go medium duty before full on semi-trucks.

205ph77.jpg

Also a Tesla Earth Roamer would also be amazing :D

Attachments

• hero-m2-112-daycab.jpg
    hero-m2-112-daycab.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 87
Someday.

It is part of the Master Plan Pt 2. Tesla has limited resources and this would be both a fairly small market, and a very hard market to crack. There are also no massive fleets of trucks, like there are for the Semi that you can sell on the idea and get a big sale all at once.

If Tesla takes the existing Semi design, omits the fifth wheel hitch, and simply makes the truck longer, would that be a good first step? (I assume for a dump truck, strengthening it to increase the weight it can carry would also be useful?)

Shenzhen: BYD lands large order for electric dump trucks - electrive.com says BYD is already making dump trucks; I'm not sure if Tesla is going to think they can do better or if Tesla will look at this and decide to focus on markets lacking competition.

Refuse collection vehicles here are pretty customised to their job.

eCollect - production expected end of 2019.

But at the end of the day this is just a regular looking bin lorry but electric.

I want an awesome ice-cream van. Over here at least the majority of the ice-cream vans are either boring transit van conversions or ageing bedfords.

The Black Cab and the London Bus have both had a modern refresh. Surely it's time for a super swanky retro-futuristic Ice-cream EVan