Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector - Outdoors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So - Unfortunately I will not be able to park my car in the garage due to multiple reasons... I have bought the 24' Wall Connector and want to make sure I will have no issues with this bad boy outside...

snow / rain - etc -- do i need to cover it? or can it be just left outside?

thanks

Just installed an HPWC at home in my garage (here's a recent blogpost on my installation at home.) The instructions mention that it is weatherproof. However, I have not had any experience with this thing you folks call "weather" as I am in Southern California.

Looking at Teslarati's Map (which takes its feed from Tesla) and switching to Destination Chargers using the settings, I can point to the fact that there are destination chargers at the Hilton by Short Hills Mall, The Grand Summit Hotel, Highlawn Pavillion (West Orange), and the Shoprite in West Morristown. I would venture that at least ONE of those locations, if not multiples are installed and exposed to the elements and may be an easy drive for you (I see Northern New Jersey in your location, and I just used Maplewood as a default search as I lived there as a kid.)

Good luck.