Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wants to Know How I'm Going to Pay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sent me a text wanting to know if I still want to pay full cash (I wasn't aware I had stated that when I ordered). They said if I want to finance they want to know through what bank and how much I would finance. My EDD just says "February" so I haven't even started to look for financing yet. I also need to sell my 2017 MS 100D.

The part that concerns me is the text stated that: "Delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla account. Incomplete tasks will delay delivery timing".

What do I tell them?

Does this mean I am getting closer to delivery?

Sounds like typical Tesla scare tactics. You can change your payment method any time, so tell them yes, that you still plan on paying cash. Let them know of changes to paying cash as you make them.

I was going to finance thru my credit union, but they processed my application and sent Tesla the loan money before I even got a VIN. I told the credit union I wasn't paying for a car that did not exist, and knowing Tesla, might not ever exist, and didn't have a VIN yet. They cancelled my loan, and I paid cash on the day of delivery after I inspected the car. The payment system from the Tesla web site is a debit immediately from your account.

Reactions: AMPd
If you have great credit then tell them when you have a VIN you will submit. I fell for the damn text when my EDD was eight days away. This was my second hard credit pull. The EDD moved two days later by a month, and now by another two weeks.
Waiting for vin sounds the safest since the financing expires in 30 days? How long does it take to sell old cars on the 3rd party sites these days?

Tesla sent me a text wanting to know if I still want to pay full cash (I wasn't aware I had stated that when I ordered). They said if I want to finance they want to know through what bank and how much I would finance. My EDD just says "February" so I haven't even started to look for financing yet. I also need to sell my 2017 MS 100D.

The part that concerns me is the text stated that: "Delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla account. Incomplete tasks will delay delivery timing".

What do I tell them?

Does this mean I am getting closer to delivery?
Don't let them scare you. Make sure it shows all complete on your account and tell them you will be paying cash. Change it to finance when you get a VIN.
It is much easier on them if you finance with them simply because of convenience with their finance partners but don't let it stop you from shopping around

Reactions: Leeclanual
Don't let them scare you. Make sure it shows all complete on your account and tell them you will be paying cash. Change it to finance when you get a VIN.
It is much easier on them if you finance with them simply because of convenience with their finance partners but don't let it stop you from shopping around
I believe everything is complete. The only thing still open is my possible trade-in. I can't get an estimate because it says I'm not within the allowable time since my delivery is not until next month