Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla website compositor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone played much with Tesla's compositor? This is the thing that generates the picture of the car that you see on the ordering page based on the options you've selected. They also use it on the CPO pages.

it's located at Configurator compositor | Tesla Motors and takes options on type of vehicle, view, picture resolution, file type, and the options of the vehicle

example: http://my.teslamotors.com/en_CA/con...X011,X013,X019,X024,X027,X028,X031,X037,YF00&

I've found a bunch of the options for it, but I'm wondering if anyone knows any more details?

model= ms or mx
view= STUD_3QTR STUD_ABOVE STUD_REAR STUD_SEAT STUD_SEAT_3QTR STUD_SEAT_DRIVER STUD_SIDE
size= arbitrary width in pixels
bkba_opt= Backdrop, 0-3 (0 on floor 1 broken render 2 and 3 are different versions of white)
file_type= jpg
options= the options string for the vehicle (detailed other places, only exception to standard format is the colour, in the example PMSG (green) had to be replaced with COL2-PMSG (COL0 is sig, COL1 is flat, COL2 is metallic, COL3 is multicoat)

I'm specifically interested if it has view options I haven't found, all the ones I've found start with "STUD" which I take as "studio" but I wonder if it can also generate other views like the ones in the app or on the car's screen?

• Love
Reactions: dpskipper
Cool, thanks for the direct link and info. I'm going to try a large picture of my car.

When I was shopping CPOs one day it popped up a car with no wheels, just floating in space. I wish I had done a screenshot because it was fixed within minutes.

///d@