Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wins Battle for Direct Sales in Arizona!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
This just hit today and was posted to my Arizona Tesla FB group:

Tesla gets a win on the direct-sale front in Arizona

It looks like Tesla will be able to sell direct to consumers in Arizona after winning a long battle with the state. Tesla won the right to sell after successfully arguing to a judge that the state's dealership laws did not apply to Tesla. From the article:

“Thanks to a dealer license granted last year by the Arizona Department of Transportation, Tesla is now availing itself of opportunities that had long been denied it. ADOT granted the license Tesla sought after an administrative law judge determined that a law that was widely believed to prohibit it from selling directly to customers didn’t apply to the company.”​

Here's to more wins in the future across the country!

This just hit today and was posted to my Arizona Tesla FB group:

Tesla gets a win on the direct-sale front in Arizona

It looks like Tesla will be able to sell direct to consumers in Arizona after winning a long battle with the state. Tesla won the right to sell after successfully arguing to a judge that the state's dealership laws did not apply to Tesla. From the article:

“Thanks to a dealer license granted last year by the Arizona Department of Transportation, Tesla is now availing itself of opportunities that had long been denied it. ADOT granted the license Tesla sought after an administrative law judge determined that a law that was widely believed to prohibit it from selling directly to customers didn’t apply to the company.”​

Here's to more wins in the future across the country!
The Rose Law Group needs to check its facts or not reprint AZ Capitol Times articles without checking them. That article announces that AZ customers will now be able to take test drives, which of course has been the case for a long time. The Electrek article is also inaccurate reporting that there is one store in metro Phoenix when in fact a second store opened last year. I wonder if there is anything new about these articles. Tesla is operating based on a judge's decision made a year or two ago and I suspect that's what they are now reporting as new.

I wondered about the timing of the Capitol Times article myself. It came out Friday, 6/16 and made no mention of any new activity since the administrative law judge's decision a year ago. Perhaps new legislation is being drafted and Capitol Times felt it was worth bringing the topic up again.

The Rose Law Group needs to check its facts or not reprint AZ Capitol Times articles without checking them. That article announces that AZ customers will now be able to take test drives, which of course has been the case for a long time.
I'm not sure what you mean. Tesla in Scottsdale and Tempe are already in full sales mode per comments from local customers.

The Electrek article is also inaccurate reporting that there is one store in metro Phoenix when in fact a second store opened last year. I wonder if there is anything new about these articles. Tesla is operating based on a judge's decision made a year or two ago and I suspect that's what they are now reporting as new.

The article I linked to says exactly this: "Tesla was already operating two service centers and a gallery around Phoenix, but now it will be able to operate them as full stores." This is an accurate statement. Tesla has one distinct gallery at Fashion Square in Scottsdale and two Service locations in Tempe and Scottsdale. This is per Tesla's own information on their web site. A second, dedicated gallery is currently under construction, but not yet open.

Last edited: