Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wireless charger converted to fast charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my M3 LR and was pleasantly surprised to see a wireless charger equipped in the car. Actually thought the dealership messed something up in my favor. I was wrong. It's now standard.

Anyhow, is there any way to convert it to output more than 5 watts? I need a hero.

Not that I’ve even seen. Likely better off spending $30 on an aftermarket TapTes or otherwise.
I initially purchased TapTes and it was working, but only intermittently. I troubleshooted with TapTes and could never get it to work "all the time" so ended up purchasing one from Tesla, and that has worked flawlessly! I gave my TapTes one about 4 months or so to work, and have had my Tesla one since February 2020.

I initially purchased TapTes and it was working, but only intermittently. I troubleshooted with TapTes and could never get it to work "all the time" so ended up purchasing one from Tesla, and that has worked flawlessly! I gave my TapTes one about 4 months or so to work, and have had my Tesla one since February 2020.

I'm happier with my Tesla one as well. But OP wants faster charging than stock Tesla charger. Have to go third party at this time if that's the important thing. My TapTes one is just sitting here in a drawer.

Reactions: Jazz_MIII
To be fair, when I ordered, and maybe when you did, too, Tesla hadn't produced their version just yet.

Tesla has had an optional one on their accessories website for quite some time. When they put it up I don't know but it was there when I put in first order in mid 2019. My car arrived in Dec 2019 as a 2020 model and I ordered the TapTes as the Tesla seemed overpriced and basic.

In May 2020 I ordered another car which arrived in June 2020 with the updated console from the Y with the included Tesla charger and updated USB ports. I never installed the TapTes and kept the Tesla installed.