Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X all over nightmare - am I alone?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it really matter if it would be a luxury car or not?

I'm not saying you can't have bad days or even a crappy week from time to time where you work sub-par - everyone does - but I would say that the general idea of a customer service experience would involve some... customer service.

I'm not really judging that a new car is park next to a brick wall or stuff like that. And I am keeping in mind that the negative voices are usually the ones that are heard. But there have been quite a lot of them regarding the CS.

Pika (OP): We had a very similar experience, though your was much worse than ours. Recently purchased a 2016 MX P100DL and the delivery center experience (which I have detailed elsewhere in these forums) was what should have been a complete embarrassment for Tesla as a company. The whole feeling is Tesla reps are rolling their eyes at every little concern as if we're expressing concerns (misaligned doors, multiple issues not in the pictures or noted otherwise etc) a Tata Nano instead of a nearly 100K vehicle.

The delivery center vibe (Chicago area) was like an apple store where no one wants to help anyone, and treats you like you're lucky you are even getting the opportunity to purchase a Tesla - regardless of the state of repair. After purchase - everyone clams up. Sales advisor, delivery advisor, anyone who should be ensuring a great experience at all - drop off the face of the earth. Escalate? To who? No one picks up the phone, answers emails / smoke signals / morse code, etc. Phone numbers for Tesla people that actually answer their phones are passed in dark alleys cloak and dagger style - with the understanding that "you didn't get this from me.." Also for the record, at least in my experience with my Local Tesla group (awesome folks I just met recently) new Vehicle owners get a much better pipeline of communication than used. I sort of get it, but it is disappointing.

This would be shameful for Danny's used car sales, much less a car company that bills itself as 'the future of sustainable transportation'. In Michigan they went from excellent concierge service, to discontinuing that service about 3 months ago without explanation. Those that were counting on that service as part of their decision? SOL (not myself as I was unaware, but many folks in Michigan as it turns out) .

I could go on about our current plight to get our new-to-us MX repaired (15 or so items, including ABS out, Rods knocking / Acceleration shudder etc), but suffice it to say - they don't let you test drive YOUR vehicle for a reason, as it turns out. Slap a veneer on, get you hooked / out the door - then count on what is an admittedly impressive 4yr / 50K mile used vehicle warranty to fix all issues after the fact. Problem is, the service horror stories are ubiquitous - and it seems that the more there are, the more Tesla stock goes up, and the worse said service actually gets. Mind boggling. Who knows if Rivian and co., will apply enough pressure to get them to offer decent customer service?

On a positive note, people say after you do get all the issues squared - very enjoyable vehicle. For my part, if they offered a buyback right now, I'd be all over it.

P.S. - I used to be what may be a great Fan of Mr. Musk and the vision of sustainable transportation. Defending that vision with anti-ICE discourse etc., and facts about all the GEE WHIZ Tesla features and articles... then the actual Tesla ownership experience changed my mind. Perhaps I'll get it back fixed and ready to go -- and it'll end up being an outstanding vehicle for myself and my family. Perhaps not. Either way, the initial experience has been just an embarrassment to both myself as a (now wavering) Tesla fan - when people ask me how I like it after talking it up so much...and to Tesla as a company. At least, one would hope they would care enough to be embarrassed.