Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y Trailer Brake Controller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried a Curt Echo wireless trailer brake controller? I have a 2023 model Y with tow package. The Curt Echo plugs into the seven pin connector without wiring anything in the passenger compartment. Has anyone had experience with one?
Hello again Lee, I was out of town for a week so just talked to a Curt representative who said the #51180 needed the 12V and the 2023 Y doesn't have a 12V so it wouldn't work unless a 12V pin could be added maybe with a resistor or such so I returned the one I had ordered rather than attempting that. Good luck with your efforts.

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried a Curt Echo wireless trailer brake controller? I have a 2023 model Y with tow package. The Curt Echo plugs into the seven pin connector without wiring anything in the passenger compartment. Has anyone had experience with one?
I got confirmation from Tesla that the Curt Echo is not compatible. that said, the service rep winked at me and said stay tuned for an aftermarket workaround because so many people ask. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0