Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y trailer wiring harness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Haemmer in case you're still on the lookout for the Tesla 7-pin connector I found this part number on an eBay listing:
1534249-00-A-003

I contacted Tesla but their service people do not have this available (yet).

I was able to successfully build a cable using the proper molex connector and associated pins. It took a fair bit of fiddling to get it together, if you are interested I can share more info. It enables all 7 pins and Trailer Mode turns on when connected.

Hi, I am in process of trying to do this. Can you please share more details?

@Haemmer in case you're still on the lookout for the Tesla 7-pin connector I found this part number on an eBay listing:
1534249-00-A-003

I contacted Tesla but their service people do not have this available (yet).

I was able to successfully build a cable using the proper molex connector and associated pins. It took a fair bit of fiddling to get it together, if you are interested I can share more info. It enables all 7 pins and Trailer Mode turns on when connected.
@gman99 - were you 1) able to build your 7-pin connector and associated harness(es) to integrate in to the wiring yourself? and 2) did you purchase the tow hitch from Tesla or are you using an after-market hitch?

How did you get tow-mode if you didn't get the equipment from Tesla?

Reactions: camthehombre