Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi or other datalogger...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as you have app access to the car, you can start logging data. The data loggers can only collect on live data, they won't have anything historical.

FYI, you can use my username as a referral on TeslaFi to get an extra two weeks on the trial.

Reactions: DOC52
Do yourself a big favor. Go for a month without looking at the data.

New users will have range anxiety. Worrying over the minutiae will only make it worse. Drive it for a month, take some long trips, get to know the car. You will be much happier with the car when you learn that you can trust it. Did you measure every drop of gas that you put into your last car?

Reactions: P85_DA
Do yourself a big favor. Go for a month without looking at the data.

New users will have range anxiety. Worrying over the minutiae will only make it worse. Drive it for a month, take some long trips, get to know the car. You will be much happier with the car when you learn that you can trust it. Did you measure every drop of gas that you put into your last car?

Absolutely correct!
It happened to me that range anxiety thing, and now i just trust the car, and it works.

I have no range anxiety; I'm just a data geek that loves numbers. I'm 5 minutes from a supercharger most days, and there's a Steak and Shake right there.

My main reason is tracking "initial" case information as I get to know the car - energy stored/used on average, does my driving style change over time, what does my battery efficiency curve look like - this is my first electric vehicle. You don't know me, but this won't surprise my friends. I did the same thing with a pad/pencil and my Mazda 323 back in the day. If I could've afforded a laptop back then, I would have had Excel open every trip.

Reactions: Silicon Desert