Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just switched to Octopus Go and would like to collect and analyze my usage using the Grafana that comes as part of Telsamate. I run Teslamate on a hosted Ubuntu server. I have tried to add the Octopus energy data source to Grafana, but am not able to get it to work. Has anyone does this as well and is willing to help?
Are you referring to the Octopus Agile integration? Didn't realise there was one for Go.

On Go I've just set my home Geofence to 5p per kWh and make sure I only charge off peak to record the charge costs.

Are you referring to the Octopus Agile integration? Didn't realise there was one for Go.

On Go I've just set my home Geofence to 5p per kWh and make sure I only charge off peak to record the charge costs.

I think it is the same integration and I am aware the rate is fixed. I want to graph my entire energy consumption, not just the charging consumption. I get that info out of Teslamate no problem. My intent is to have another dashboard on the same Grafana instance (Teslamate docker) to track my energy consumption.

I think it is the same integration and I am aware the rate is fixed. I want to graph my entire energy consumption, not just the charging consumption. I get that info out of Teslamate no problem. My intent is to have another dashboard on the same Grafana instance (Teslamate docker) to track my energy consumption.
OK, sorry, I don't know in that case but would be interested to do the same if you find a solution.

I'm switching to Go Faster as of midnight tonight, from Agile. Actually feels like a bit of a relief, if I'm honest.

Anticipating how bad Agile prices are going to be the following day at the moment hasn't been fun, particularly the last few days.

Remember to comment out the Agile Integration code in the .yml within TeslaMate and update your Geofence with the new off peak price per kWh. Unfortunately I've not found a good way on Go to record off peak and peak rates for charging to on rare occasions I just override the cost.

What are the off peak hours and cost for the Go Faster tariff you've been moved to?

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
Remember to comment out the Agile Integration code in the .yml within TeslaMate and update your Geofence with the new off peak price per kWh. Unfortunately I've not found a good way on Go to record off peak and peak rates for charging to on rare occasions I just override the cost.

What are the off peak hours and cost for the Go Faster tariff you've been moved to?
I've chosen 02:30 - 06:30, 5p for 4 hours. There are other options (3, 4 and 5 hours at 4.5, 5 and 5.5p respectively) available starting from 20:30. None of the options go beyond 06:30.

Can you remind me what I'm commenting out in the .yml to disable the Agile integration code.. is it the "teslamateagile" addon you mean, or something now built into TeslaMate itself? So would I be editing the docker-compose.yml to comment out the whole teslamateagile bit?

EDIT: I should point out that I have a dedicated electrical connection for charging the car, so I don't have any non-EV charging usage on it. I was trying to get a window as close as to when I might leave in the morning, if I ever have to go into work, and in my head I thought maybe 06:30 with me leaving at 7 or 8 might still have a bit of warmth in the battery from charging, but that's probably not true.

Can you remind me what I'm commenting out in the .yml to disable the Agile integration code.. is it the "teslamateagile" addon you mean, or something now built into TeslaMate itself? So would I be editing the docker-compose.yml to comment out the whole teslamateagile bit?
I found just commenting out the Geofence ID was sufficient:

2021-01-14 15_19_38-Window.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Godsense and Durzel
Hi @DaveW, that is shame that the usage data from the smart meter will not work for Go. Might have to try again when I move to Agile in spring. Thank you
If you're looking to display your whole home energy consumption then finding someone familiar with the Octopus API and Grafana is your best bet.

Even with the TeslaMate Octopus Agile integration, it's only going to tell you what the car has consumed as that data is coming from the Tesla API not your smart meter. The Agile Integration pulls in the current rates for your region only then adds a cost for the car charging session in TeslaMate.

Doesn't docker-compose down delete the containers (& networks, containers, volumes and images created by "up") ? I thought docker-compose stop was the correct syntax.

I just updated TeslaMate, disabling teslamateagile in the docker-compose.yml file, and now my car just shows as "unavailable". I don't know if its in any way related but I can't see to wake the car with the app either.

Can anyone remind me how I check the log files?

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that the Agile integration only looks up the costs for charges that have a blank cost for that geofence location, so as long as you actually set the geofence cost to 5p (or whatever Go Faster equivalent you are on) you shouldn't need to actually comment anything out. Then as and when you revert to Agile you can just change the geofence cost back to nill and the Agile code should start applying automatically again. My TeslaMate charge costs certainly seem to be agreeing with those on TeslaFi (within a couple of pence or so).

My understanding is that the Agile integration only looks up the costs for charges that have a blank cost for that geofence location, so as long as you actually set the geofence cost to 5p (or whatever Go Faster equivalent you are on) you shouldn't need to actually comment anything out. Then as and when you revert to Agile you can just change the geofence cost back to nill and the Agile code should start applying automatically again. My TeslaMate charge costs certainly seem to be agreeing with those on TeslaFi (within a couple of pence or so).
That's smart thinking by Matt if it works that way. I'll test that at some point, thanks!

Doesn't docker-compose down delete the containers (& networks, containers, volumes and images created by "up") ? I thought docker-compose stop was the correct syntax.

I just updated TeslaMate, disabling teslamateagile in the docker-compose.yml file, and now my car just shows as "unavailable". I don't know if its in any way related but I can't see to wake the car with the app either.

Can anyone remind me how I check the log files?

Thanks in advance.
Tesla API is down

Yes, you are correct:
  • "docker-compose stop" just stops the containers and doesn't touch the data.
  • "docker-compose down" removes the containers from docker's configuration and leaves them orphaned on the filesystem.
  • "docker-compose rm" removes the container and deletes the files.
So long as you don't change anything if you accidentally run the "down" command, if you immediately follow that with an "up" command you're normally okay as those container ID's haven't have been reused. However depending on what changes have been made inbetween that isn't a guarantee - so running "stop" is much safer.

• Informative
Reactions: Medved_77