Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep an eye on this one...

Thanks for pointing this one out but I am not too hopeful as there has been no response for 11 days. At least we know that there are three of us with the same problem. I doubt that we all made the same mistake so it looks like something changed in the setup files on the Teslamate site or in the Pi OS.

Appreciate your (init6 & Bobly) time and efforts to try and help to solve this.

Thanks for pointing this one out but I am not too hopeful as there has been no response for 11 days. At least we know that there are three of us with the same problem. I doubt that we all made the same mistake so it looks like something changed in the setup files on the Teslamate site or in the Pi OS.

You are using normal Rasperry PI with their Debian image or Ubuntu?
First you installed all those stuff what Docker needs?
Then made folder like teslamate -> Copy Paste docker config there and save it?
Then run command as sudo docker-compose up -d?

You are using normal Rasperry PI with their Debian image or Ubuntu?
First you installed all those stuff what Docker needs?
Then made folder like teslamate -> Copy Paste docker config there and save it?
Then run command as sudo docker-compose up -d?
Yup. A virgin build. Load OS on an SD card, boot Pi, load newest Rasbian OS.
Loaded docker. Docker seems to be OK since running the Hello-world is happy.
Made ~/Docker/Teslamate directory
Copied docker-compose.yml (I assume this is what you refered to as the docker config file?) from the Teslamate web site into the Teslamate directory docker-compose.yml
Did NOT run as SUDO. Tried SUDO and no change. I tried both with and without POOL_SIZE. Neither case created the Teslamate WEB page. Both cases created the Grafana web page.

Raise it as an issue on the Github page and point to that discussion.

doesn't look like the docs have been updated in a while, so should be the same

This was the hint I needed! (THANK YOU!) The docs have changed! I originally started Teslamate back in 2020 and all worked as expected. But when I rebuilt recently then I had problems!

See this GitHub page AND pay attention to the embedded note:

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 10.21.56 PM.png

Bingo!

I changed my docker-compose.yml from image: postgres:13 to image: postgres:12, then I deleted everything docker, and started from near scratch. No more error! I haven't finished testing to make sure it really works, but it has promise!

Please read through how to clean out the existing Docker. (You don't need to use these instructions)

And make sure you understand is being done.

Here is what I did:

docker-compose down
docker ps -a # see what exists
docker rm -f $(docker ps -a -q) # delete it!
docker volume ls # see what volumes exist
docker volume rm $(docker volume ls -q) # delete it!
docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d

Thanks for that. I've managed to set it up using SSH.

The URL is responding now (after a reboot), asking me to login. Then it says Recaptcha is required. What the heck does that mean?

EDIT: Sorted now. I found out how to get a API token. Nothing's simple is it?

Last edited:
This was the hint I needed! (THANK YOU!) The docs have changed! I originally started Teslamate back in 2020 and all worked as expected. But when I rebuilt recently then I had problems!

View attachment 724935

Bingo!

I changed my docker-compose.yml from image: postgres:13 to image: postgres:12, then I deleted everything docker, and started from near scratch. No more error! I haven't finished testing to make sure it really works, but it has promise!

Please read through how to clean out the existing Docker. (You don't need to use these instructions)

Here is what I did:

docker-compose down
docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d
Thanks for the pointer and information. I'll give it a try later today do to family obligations :-} .

The URL is responding now (after a reboot), asking me to login. Then it says Recaptcha is required. What the heck does that mean?

What was the problem and solution? I hope to be testing the solution later today and thought I would ask, just in case.

What was the problem and solution? I hope to be testing the solution later today and thought I would ask, just in case.
I think you just need to change the Postgres version from 13 to 12. Need to do a bit of clearing out of the old db from docker if you're not rebuilding.

View attachment 724935

Bingo!

Here is what I did:

docker-compose down
docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d

Can you share what you learned about getting the API token? I made it past the Teslamate WEB failure and now I'm fighting the Recaptcha error.

Tried a couple of different Token Generators, they failed saying that Tesla did not respond properly. Going to the Tesla web site and logging into my account with the same email and password worked fine.

Last edited:

View attachment 724935

Bingo!

Here is what I did:

docker-compose down
docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d
Worked great. Thanks for posting. I did the full uninstall of the teslamate database (as you've shown above), modified the docker-compose.yml (database: section) as suggested and reloaded teslamate. Bumped into the Recaptcha error but I finally found a token generator that worked so I'm in. Now the next hurdle is to learn how to use the tool.