Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslaquila question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello people,

I’ve just signed up and have immediately realised that this is an amazing community! I’m definitely going to start reading up, there are some amazing threads here!

Anyway, I have a question for you if I may. I have bought a Teslaquila from a seller on Ebay and the Teslaquila was supposed to be sent to my place by 31st Dec 2020. So recently, I have emailed the seller and the seller told me that Tesla has not contacted him and he has not received the Teslaquila from Tesla to send it to me.

From your experiences, can this be true or this is a scam and I should let Ebay and Paypal know as soon as I can?

Love to hear your thoughts on this please. Thank you so much

My advice is cancel your order immediately and get your money back. Ebay sellers are supposed to have the item in hand unless they specifically mention other arrangements in advance. Sounds like a possible scam or worst case, somebody with an order with Tesla that likely won't be fulfilled and are just stringing you out.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I haven't received my Tesla Tequila that I ordered from Tesla yet either. Nor have I heard anything from them on when I will. So it is certainly possible that they haven't received their order yet either. (They seemed to start shipping to locations near the warehouse in Florida first.)

My advice is cancel your order immediately and get your money back. Ebay sellers are supposed to have the item in hand unless they specifically mention other arrangements in advance.

Who said the seller did not make it clear that it was a pre-order item?

Why do you automatically assume it’s a scam? Not everyone has received their orders yet.

I ordered 2 of them, sold 1 on ebay as a preorder, and still have not received mine from SpeakEasy or whoever is handling the distribution for Tesla. I am in AZ and was told that the East Coast of the US would be getting them first..

Thanks everyone for your help! After hearing all of your advices and point of views, I now have a better understanding of the current situation.

I’ve decided to give the seller some more time to receive and send the Teslaquila as there’s a really good chance that he might not have received it. Will be applying for money back guarantee protection if I still have not received it from him by the extended date.

Thanks again people, cheers!