Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my order yesterday and opened it up today. have not put it in my car yet but they look. passenger side top right is a bit bent. I hope they straighten out?
Mine were a little bent after shipping but it resolved itself with a night or two flat on the garage floor. I would have put them straight in the car, but the car wasn’t delivered yet.

Received a portion of my mats, driver, passenger, and 2nd row but no 3rd row yet. Also waiting on the 7 seater trunk and frunk mats. 3 mats down, 7 to go. They look good so far.

Can i get an ETA on the remaining portion of my order?

Order number is #4123.

Thanks

Received a portion of my mats, driver, passenger, and 2nd row but no 3rd row yet. Also waiting on the 7 seater trunk and frunk mats. 3 mats down, 7 to go. They look good so far.

Can i get an ETA on the remaining portion of my order?

Order number is #4123.

Thanks
Hope you are having a wonderful New Years Eve! Someone else asked a similar question as you on another thread have quoted below.
We have been fulfilling orders in the order in which they were received. We just finished sending out model y mats to all customers. We had more model 3 orders than we intially thought and we expect the rest of the model 3 mats to be delivered first or second week of Jan. As for your trunk and frunk, we have been focusing on sending out floor mats since they are most essential to our supporters so we expect to start shipping those along with model 3 mats, third row mats, and model y 7 seater trunk and frunks to be sent out in the same time frame. I will be providing a update on here by the end of this coming week and will be updating our announcement banner on our site on Monday.

Reactions: Spookynick
Hello,
I ordered the model Y 7 seater mats along with the seven seat trunk front package on December 9th and nothing has shipped yet. I know some of the mats are not ready to ship but from what I read on the website the regular model y mats should have shipped. My order # is 4212. Thanks!

Hello,
I ordered the model Y 7 seater mats along with the seven seat trunk front package on December 9th and nothing has shipped yet. I know some of the mats are not ready to ship but from what I read on the website the regular model y mats should have shipped. My order # is 4212. Thanks!
Yes the first two rows of the model y floor mats are immidiate ship. There was an error on your order and have since cleared it up. Your floor mats will be shipping first thing tomorrow!

Order 3631. I'm still waiting for my 3rd row mat. This is an order from April 2021 with ever-changing order number.

Per Jason on 12/13/2021, "We just received inventory on wed and thurs of last week. Right now we are sorting and boxing orders so we can ship them out. We expect to start shipping in the next 7-10 days possibly less. Please let me know if you have any further questions."

The question is. When will this get shipped out? 9 months into paying for 7-seat mat and the order is still not completed.

Please advise.

Jason of Tesla Shields --

You have great products. Really solid stuff. Very happy to finally get a part of my order.

But please be honest and realistic with your promises. I'm still waiting for other multiple orders placed in June of 2021. Every other week, there's a new target that's either days, weeks or months down the road. This has been going on since last summer. If this is strictly a fulfillment issue, consider finding a new or additional company to assist with it. It's clear you are very underwater. People want your product but the orders vastly outpace the output capacity.

My armchair recommendations in this order:

1. stop taking new orders. allow interested customers to sign up for a backlog notification list
2. catch up with fulfillment. i've seen a ton of anecdotal evidence that orders are being sent out in a somewhat random order. work to ensure you are sending things out in the order in which they were received
3. figure out how to operate without needing to re-create old orders in new ways (in my account for example, there are new orders for 0.00 that are copies of my old orders. you are creating a data mess on your side and deeply confusing / frustrating your customers
4. breathe
5. allow new orders to be placed. but limit the quantity of everything based on your actual expected inventory

Cheers and looking forward to getting the rest of my mats!

I finally received my order #2347 (7/23/2021) but just like sodaboy581, the driver and passenger mats do not look like what was shown on the Teslashield website. The driver side sort of fits but is not a great fit. If you try pressing down at the dead pedal or in some of the corners you can tell there's a gap underneath and it lifts adjacent sides up. The passenger side has a 2" gap along the front top edge and neither of the front mats has that extension under the seats or it's a much smaller "tab" than shown in the website. The rear mat appears to fit and I don't have an issue with it but it does not look like the photo on the website for the 2021 Model Y. I suspect this is the wrong set of mats for the Model Y. You can take a look at the photos I attached. I think the trade off with the long delivery time and the lower price for a pre-order was not great but tolerable. I do understand the logistic issues which many industries are facing including the one I'm in where we face 3,6, to 8 months delays which result in huge cost and schedule over runs. The overall communication could have been better but I understand what it is like to be an entrepreneur too. There's lots to learn from this debacle.

In general the material and the feel seems fine but not as thick as some of the similar mats of this kind I have seen and felt for Teslas. I don't think there will be much improvement on the acoustic side as was mentioned on the product description but I do think it will keep any liquids contained. There were no weird chemical smells and I did not need to air them out like I have had to for some products I purchased for the car. Overall build quality is decent to good. I just wished the mats fit like they were supposed to and were consistent to what was advertised on the website.

I understand the frustrations of many of those who purchased and hope Teslashields can survive this and continue to improve. Take care of your customers and they will return.

Attachments

• 20220107_111901 - Copy.jpg
    20220107_111901 - Copy.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220107_111856 - Copy.jpg
    20220107_111856 - Copy.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220107_111631 - Copy.jpg
    20220107_111631 - Copy.jpg
    795.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220107_145910 - Copy.jpg
    20220107_145910 - Copy.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220107_111816 - Copy.jpg
    20220107_111816 - Copy.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Luka816 and jebinc
I finally received my order #2347 (7/23/2021) but just like sodaboy581, the driver and passenger mats do not look like what was shown on the Teslashield website. The driver side sort of fits but is not a great fit. If you try pressing down at the dead pedal or in some of the corners you can tell there's a gap underneath and it lifts adjacent sides up. The passenger side has a 2" gap along the front top edge and neither of the front mats has that extension under the seats or it's a much smaller "tab" than shown in the website. The rear mat appears to fit and I don't have an issue with it but it does not look like the photo on the website for the 2021 Model Y. I suspect this is the wrong set of mats for the Model Y. You can take a look at the photos I attached. I think the trade off with the long delivery time and the lower price for a pre-order was not great but tolerable. I do understand the logistic issues which many industries are facing including the one I'm in where we face 3,6, to 8 months delays which result in huge cost and schedule over runs. The overall communication could have been better but I understand what it is like to be an entrepreneur too. There's lots to learn from this debacle.

In general the material and the feel seems fine but not as thick as some of the similar mats of this kind I have seen and felt for Teslas. I don't think there will be much improvement on the acoustic side as was mentioned on the product description but I do think it will keep any liquids contained. There were no weird chemical smells and I did not need to air them out like I have had to for some products I purchased for the car. Overall build quality is decent to good. I just wished the mats fit like they were supposed to and were consistent to what was advertised on the website.

I understand the frustrations of many of those who purchased and hope Teslashields can survive this and continue to improve. Take care of your customers and they will return.
They should look like this. I would contact them with your order number and confirm

E8C6D76B-7CE2-4DA3-871F-C7AC80782381.png

They should look like this. I would contact them with your order number and confirm
I did and Jason's response was that I left my existing carpets on when I installed the new ones. I just told him that I removed the existing carpets before installing the Teslashield versions. Frankly at this point, I don't really care anymore but the 2" gap is a bad fit. I know others have had similar issues and the same response was given that they left the original OEM on. Some of us have been driving cars for awhile and installing various brands of all weather mats, to know enough not to leave the OEM mats in place. The simple truth is their QC is all over the place and customer service could be improved.

Thanks for posting the photo because you can see mine do not match.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Floydsox and jebinc
I did and Jason's response was that I left my existing carpets on when I installed the new ones. I just told him that I removed the existing carpets before installing the Teslashield versions. Frankly at this point, I don't really care anymore but the 2" gap is a bad fit. I know others have had similar issues and the same response was given that they left the original OEM on. Some of us have been driving cars for awhile and installing various brands of all weather mats, to know enough not to leave the OEM mats in place. The simple truth is their QC is all over the place and customer service could be improved.

So, like, just an update to my situation.

Jason offered to send me replacement mats free of charge, but he couldn't guarantee they'd be any different. He told me the mats that were sent were a revision they were working on that was in beta and that if I didn't like the replacement mats, I could just ship them back to them as long as I could make the box appear unopened. (I have no idea what that was about.)

Anyway, I got the new mats Monday of this week and they're exactly the same as what he shipped before. The ill fitting ones.

I texted him immediately and let him know that they were the same and that I'd just keep the initial mats they sent me and I'd send the new batch back, since they're the same, but have had radio silence since then. (He usually replies back to me through text/iMessage pretty quickly, but nothing and it's Friday.)

I kind of don't care anymore and I guess I'll just keep these subpar mats I ordered and chalk it up to a life lesson. (Tesla Shields return policy states you can't return stuff unless it's in new and unused condition, which my first batch of bad mats clearly aren't in that shape anymore.)

I should have done more research and read the topics about this company in full on this board. I wouldn't be in this position now.

Perhaps I can get PayPal to reverse the charge, I don't know.

I'm attaching some pics of the second batch of MY mats sent by Tesla Shields showing they're the exact bad mats again.

If I could do it all over again, I'd go Tesmanian or something else.

IMG-2735.jpgIMG-2738.jpgIMG-2737.jpgIMG-2736.jpgIMG-2733.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Ordered my 7 seater trunk/frunk June 1 with an Oct ETA. Since then each time I reach out for an update, I get confirmation they’d ship within 2 weeks. Lol, and I still haven’t received them. These were confirmed received in their warehouse in early December so I’m not sure why it’s so hard for them to ship these out.

Pretty much on the same boat as everyone here. Tired of dealing with them with the same excuses, should have went with someone else.

• Informative
Reactions: Floydsox and jebinc

Yeah your pictures of the mats don’t seem to look right. I order the M3 mats but still haven’t received them. I will post pics when I do but I expect them to look like this.

C506CF62-FA09-40EF-ADFD-B7410E34F381.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc