TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tessa Factory closure?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Shopaholic, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Shopaholic

Shopaholic Member

FYI: don't know if this is already known

I read some place that the Fremont factory will close for 2 weeks this month "to retool" for Model 3 assembly. Does it mean the pre production test cars will roll out by summer?

2. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

I wish there were a big mountain in this forum that I could stand up on and yell out...."HEY NAYSAYERS....- Looks like M3's are on schedule". Even above schedule.

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. lagomorph

lagomorph Member

Agree. And as a reservation holder who was in line before the crack of dawn on 3/31/16, I am feeling confident I'll see a Model 3 before 2018!

• Like x 1
  4. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Who's Tessa? :D

• Funny x 2
  5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I was at the factory last week and lots of construction inside, backhoe, breaking up concrete and part of what looked like the M3 assembly area.

• Informative x 1
  6. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

Did they start the construction of the 11 new buildings yet?

7. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I did not see evidence of that but only was at the front and inside.

8. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I was up there again yesterday. Several cordoned off areas of the plant have been emptied out of the former M&E leaving bare floors. Far back behind the stamping area appears to be a staging area full of outgoing/incoming M&E. Painting clean rooms shrouded in tarps. Back lots are full of construction equipment. Tons of buzz. Best of all, employees look happy in their yoga classes. And a happy zen robotics operator, makes a happy fast Tesla. ;)

• Like x 2