Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: Tesla to start pilot production of 3 on feb 20th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pilot production, testing the line and fit of parts. You would think some of these cars would become road driven test cars for engineers. This is a good thing. They need to do lots of testing such as hvac and cold weather testing before making 500,000 cars with issues.

Holy wow. I was expecting them to build a few handbuilt cars to show off during the final reveal, and then get some pilot cars built off the line in July. But the fact that they will, at least partially, be using the final line to build cars now. That is huge. If they succeed in building fully functional and driveable cars off the line by the end of March, they should be able to start volume production by July for delivery.

YUGE

First they build the pilots, then later the autos.
airplane-4.png

I'll believe Reutres over whatever Roadshow is. Also, I have a hard time believing Tesla is just now going to order parts for the line.

I didn't read the Roadshow, but are they saying Tesla is just now ordering line equipment? Tesla said a month or two ago they had already ordered equipment and were setting up others because that equipment will take longer to get functioning.