Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tested Dyno Mode on a track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never been in a P3D on track but I suspect in Track Mode it does a lot of torque vectoring on both axles to get the car to rotate and put down power better. In Dyno Mode with open differentials and no torque vectoring it seems like you would really need to unsettle and flick the car into corners, like drifting, to get it rotate, otherwise I suspect a lot of inside front tire wheel spin and terminal understeer.
While I did get moderate understeer on my RWD it Dyno Mode, I think I can tune most of it out with better track tires and more front camber. I might even try a P3D rear swaybar.

I've never been in a P3D on track but I suspect in Track Mode it does a lot of torque vectoring on both axles to get the car to rotate and put down power better. In Dyno Mode with open differentials and no torque vectoring it seems like you would really need to unsettle and flick the car into corners, like drifting, to get it rotate, otherwise I suspect a lot of inside front tire wheel spin and terminal understeer.
While I did get moderate understeer on my RWD it Dyno Mode, I think I can tune most of it out with better track tires and more front camber. I might even try a P3D rear swaybar.

Whatever dyno mode is doing, it doesn't make the car act as though it has an open diff.
I did some launches in the wet and my 0-60 time was actually marginally better than the launches I did with dyno mode off.
These cars are front end limited as we know, so camber is bound to help the situation too.
I need to get back on a track with Scanmytesla so I can see what's happening with and without dyno mode.