Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Deliveries Without Front License Plate Mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model S already come from the factory with the bracket installed, but can be removed fairly easily. Model X on the other hand does not come with the bracket installed and can be installed by the service center is so desired.

At this point, we don't know which way the 3 will be delivered; either it being installed or not. Regardless, I'm positive it will not be a factory option to delete or not. It is not currently an option for the S or X. It comes the way the factory makes them as mentioned above.

Also, quite sure the bracket (if it comes installed) will not be drilled through the bumper. This is the way the S currently is. It is installed with double sided tape on the front nose and then there are 2 torx-type bolts on the underside at the top of the lower opening. It takes about 10 minutes to remove if you are at all mechanically inclined.

Hopefully it will not come pre-installed. I too live in Texas, and I too will risk the ticket. #nofrontplate

Have you had any problems since your post last year? We got our X at New Years, and the front plate (and mounting bracket) has been in the frunk ever since. EZ Pass transponder is mounted back under grill out of sight, and I have had no problems with it being read on all the toll roads I've been on.

I would like to keep this setup, but not if I start getting Texas tickets for not having a front plate.

Have you had any problems since your post last year? We got our X at New Years, and the front plate (and mounting bracket) has been in the frunk ever since. EZ Pass transponder is mounted back under grill out of sight, and I have had no problems with it being read on all the toll roads I've been on.

I would like to keep this setup, but not if I start getting Texas tickets for not having a front plate.
Don't have my 3 yet, but it's been over 6 years without front plate on my current car with no issues. I plan to do without on the 3 as well.

#scofflaw

So far... no problems at all. However, I just picked up the Model 3 about 10 days ago and while I am not currently sporting a front plate... I'm also not sporting a rear plate. Still waiting on my actual plates.

As for my original concern, My model 3 can delivered with the front bracket nicely packed in the trunk!