TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Texas Deliveries Without Front License Plate Mount?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by likeafox, Jul 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. likeafox

likeafox Member

Apologies if this has been answered before, but do any Model S/X owners also in line for the Model 3 know whether you can opt out of having the front license plate mount drilled into the front bumper?

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

New Model S already come from the factory with the bracket installed, but can be removed fairly easily. Model X on the other hand does not come with the bracket installed and can be installed by the service center is so desired.

At this point, we don't know which way the 3 will be delivered; either it being installed or not. Regardless, I'm positive it will not be a factory option to delete or not. It is not currently an option for the S or X. It comes the way the factory makes them as mentioned above.

Also, quite sure the bracket (if it comes installed) will not be drilled through the bumper. This is the way the S currently is. It is installed with double sided tape on the front nose and then there are 2 torx-type bolts on the underside at the top of the lower opening. It takes about 10 minutes to remove if you are at all mechanically inclined.

3. Craig-Tx

Craig-Tx Member

Hopefully it will not come pre-installed. I too live in Texas, and I too will risk the ticket. #nofrontplate