Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the delivery team told me to ignore the date online and that they would call to verify the actual pickup time once they have the car in hand. I think the next batch of cars is supposed to get to Arkansas today (including mine). So it may be that we don’t pick up until later this week. That’s assuming that it didn’t get there earlier or there aren’t further delays.

if I don’t hear from them, I plan to reach out this afternoon to check.

I'm planning to do the same. I'm going to call them and check status this afternoon. I'll report back to see if we both get the same story.

Called the delivery center and they confirmed my car has been taken off the train. He said that my delivery date of the 20th still looks good but he said he would have my formal delivery team confirm that with me. He did mention that my car was one of several cars on the truck and he also mentioned another batch of cars coming next week too. I'll post if anything changes or if I get other news but it sounds like my car will be here by the weekend.

Oh, and just to mention it, I have yet to get a text or e-mail from Tesla about my delivery that wasn't a response from my e-mail or phone calls. I don't know if the process is that bad or if I'm just impatient and communicating well ahead of when they plan to communicate. I've heard of text messages that let you pick a day and time but have never received one. Just another example of how inconsistent this process is.

Called the delivery center and they confirmed my car has been taken off the train. He said that my delivery date of the 20th still looks good but he said he would have my formal delivery team confirm that with me. He did mention that my car was one of several cars on the truck and he also mentioned another batch of cars coming next week too. I'll post if anything changes or if I get other news but it sounds like my car will be here by the weekend.

Oh, and just to mention it, I have yet to get a text or e-mail from Tesla about my delivery that wasn't a response from my e-mail or phone calls. I don't know if the process is that bad or if I'm just impatient and communicating well ahead of when they plan to communicate. I've heard of text messages that let you pick a day and time but have never received one. Just another example of how inconsistent this process is.

that’s good. That probably means my car is on the way as well. They have me slated for the 19th. If it’s on the transport, it should get here tomorrow.

Just got a text that they needed an updated picture of my Odometer to reevaluate my trade in. I have a had two MVPA that I have signed in the last couple of weeks with the trade in valuation on each and BOTH had the same one on it and I wired almost 60k dollars to them weeks ago and rearranged my insurance with the new car on it over a week ago so I could take delivery as they requested. Now 5 days before my scheduled pick up they want to reevaluate the trade in? I told them deal is off if it’s changed from what I already agreed to. The has been the biggest cluster f@$! They have held my trade in hostage for months as I drove it only a handful of times to keep the miles low and have been holding lots of money from me while I cross my fingers a car may or may not show up sometime soon.

Just got a text that they needed an updated picture of my Odometer to reevaluate my trade in. I have a had two MVPA that I have signed in the last couple of weeks with the trade in valuation on each and BOTH had the same one on it and I wired almost 60k dollars to them weeks ago and rearranged my insurance with the new car on it over a week ago so I could take delivery as they requested. Now 5 days before my scheduled pick up they want to reevaluate the trade in? I told them deal is off if it’s changed from what I already agreed to. The has been the biggest cluster f@$! They have held my trade in hostage for months as I drove it only a handful of times to keep the miles low and have been holding lots of money from me while I cross my fingers a car may or may not show up sometime soon.

Same here. I’ve sent them the odometer pic as requested. I’m hoping don’t adjust the amount either. All my paperwork has been set for weeks. I’m hoping this is just a final check to see if we put a lot of miles on the car. Mine went up about 500 miles but it has been well over a month and they low balled me anyway. We will see. I think since Texas has been pretty hostile to Tesla and purposely made it difficult to do business here we are now dealing with that fallout. Thank you Texas Automobile Dealers Association!:mad:

Same here. I’ve sent them the odometer pic as requested. I’m hoping don’t adjust the amount either. All my paperwork has been set for weeks. I’m hoping this is just a final check to see if we put a lot of miles on the car. Mine went up about 500 miles but it has been well over a month and they low balled me anyway. We will see. I think since Texas has been pretty hostile to Tesla and purposely made it difficult to do business here we are now dealing with that fallout. Thank you Texas Automobile Dealers Association!:mad:

The TADA has nothing to do with the unacceptable customer service I’ve experienced. I am a first time buyer that is all in to be a lifetime buyer but this might be the last straw for me.

The TADA has nothing to do with the unacceptable customer service I’ve experienced. I am a first time buyer that is all in to be a lifetime buyer but this might be the last straw for me.

I agree. I was just saying that our state’s process is much more convoluted than most but you are 100% correct in saying Tesla isn’t handling it well at all. I was totally under the impression I was done and just waiting for delivery. I do hope for all our sakes they don’t change our trade in values.

I agree. I was just saying that our state’s process is much more convoluted than most but you are 100% correct in saying Tesla isn’t handling it well at all. I was totally under the impression I was done and just waiting for delivery. I do hope for all our sakes they don’t change our trade in values.

I sure hope they don’t jack us around in the days leading up to delivery (even though we don’t know when that will be as they said my 6/20 is not a formal date set in stone). Dealing with not getting questions asked or updates is bad business. Holding nearing 60K of my money for weeks that I’m paying interest on is bad business. Having me get insurance set and payed for to take delivery on a date that is a crap shoot is bad business. I’ve been super excited for months and spent many many hours preparing and researching and this order/delivery process now has watered down my excitement and if they mess around on my trade in I’m throwing in the towel. I sure hope this doesn’t happen but we shall see.

Soon to be first time Tesla owner here. Ordered a Blue/Black MYPUP, 21’s, five seats and no FSD on June 8th. Got my VIN on the 9th, and was told to schedule my delivery for between June 18th-22nd. Not exactly the 4-8 weeks that the website listed lol.

As a first time owner, it’s been quite hectic/confusing trying to get everything in order prior to shipment/delivery of the vehicle so quickly. Communication with Tesla has been spotty at best, although perhaps that’s at least partially due to it being the end of the quarter.

I’ve received a few texts telling me that my delivery window has been pushed out, and then it was pushed up, and then to totally disregard the dates for the time being (delivery is currently scheduled for the 22nd). So no idea when I’ll actually get it, but it’s been a fun rollercoaster so far!

I think what we are all feeling is the impact of Tesla's poor customer communication. There is no consistency to the processes for purchasing a vehicle. Communication comes in a variety of mediums (text, e-mail, phone call) with no rhyme or reason for what happens when. It would be nice if they would send us a process description that outlines the process so we can all know what to expect. I know the process varies due to state rules on how the sales are conducted. Since Tesla cannot do direct sales in Texas, we have a more complicated process than others. Frankly, this is not the type of roller coaster I like to ride. Especially when we are talking about a $60K+ purchase. I do think Tesla knows we want these cars and we are willing to put up with some issues but at some point everyone reaches the point of no return. I thought I was done with my purchase and had all the financials done and then I get a text yesterday asking for my odometer reading stating they will be updating the valuation of my trade-in. No other information. My loan is all set up and the money transferred (since Tesla requires the car to be paid for before shipping to Texas). So what happens if they value my trade-in for less than before? Again, communication... 1. send a text saying to check e-mail. 2. send detailed e-mail explaining the situation and steps involved. If Tesla would take a few more steps in handling and communicating with their customers, I think everyone would be happier.

I think what we are all feeling is the impact of Tesla's poor customer communication. There is no consistency to the processes for purchasing a vehicle. Communication comes in a variety of mediums (text, e-mail, phone call) with no rhyme or reason for what happens when. It would be nice if they would send us a process description that outlines the process so we can all know what to expect. I know the process varies due to state rules on how the sales are conducted. Since Tesla cannot do direct sales in Texas, we have a more complicated process than others. Frankly, this is not the type of roller coaster I like to ride. Especially when we are talking about a $60K+ purchase. I do think Tesla knows we want these cars and we are willing to put up with some issues but at some point everyone reaches the point of no return. I thought I was done with my purchase and had all the financials done and then I get a text yesterday asking for my odometer reading stating they will be updating the valuation of my trade-in. No other information. My loan is all set up and the money transferred (since Tesla requires the car to be paid for before shipping to Texas). So what happens if they value my trade-in for less than before? Again, communication... 1. send a text saying to check e-mail. 2. send detailed e-mail explaining the situation and steps involved. If Tesla would take a few more steps in handling and communicating with their customers, I think everyone would be happier.

did you you get your “re-evaluated” quote since you revived your text yesterday? If so how were you notified?

Yes, I now owe another $515 and yes they said the original quote was only good for 30 days/1000 miles. They have been e-mailing me. I pinged them this morning. I signed the paperwork for the deal on June 4th (didn't date it per their request) and then was informed that it was all set. My bad in that I didn't read everything and confirm every nuance of the deal and validate dates. Sorry but I have a job and need to work some time. I can't help to feel taken advantage of in some ways. I have learned a lesson that you need to double check and confirm everything up front especially with Tesla. Now Tesla's link to my bank is down and I can't make the payment. They are FedExing new document to me. It's like starting over.

Yes, I now owe another $515 and yes they said the original quote was only good for 30 days/1000 miles. They have been e-mailing me. I pinged them this morning. I signed the paperwork for the deal on June 4th (didn't date it per their request) and then was informed that it was all set. My bad in that I didn't read everything and confirm every nuance of the deal and validate dates. Sorry but I have a job and need to work some time. I can't help to feel taken advantage of in some ways. I have learned a lesson that you need to double check and confirm everything up front especially with Tesla. Now Tesla's link to my bank is down and I can't make the payment. They are FedExing new document to me. It's like starting over.

you said you received an email to tell you the new valuation? I sent my odometer photo yesterday and have heard nothing. I tapping out if there is a change in the valuation. Frankly I’m tired of dealing with this mess and really bummed it comes down to this.

Yeah I got an e-mail from Tesla and not the delivery team person I've been communicating with. I tells you that your account has been updated with a new offer. You might want to check your account page. I did ping my contact this morning too so that is what may have spurred the response.

Called again today to see if the car has moved. No dice. Delivery guy said if he were a betting man that he’d say it would get there this weekend.

I really wish they would let us close on financing/pay when the car gets to Arkansas. That way we aren’t paying interest and insurance for three weeks while the car is in transit. I honestly wouldn’t care except for that fact.

Called again today to see if the car has moved. No dice. Delivery guy said if he were a betting man that he’d say it would get there this weekend.

I really wish they would let us close on financing/pay when the car gets to Arkansas. That way we aren’t paying interest and insurance for three weeks while the car is in transit. I honestly wouldn’t care except for that fact.

Guess I'll be waiting too. Considering they are screwing with my account and purchase agreement I may not be able to get the car this weekend. My first payment went through yesterday, so I feel your pain. I also got the bill for my auto insurance increase a couple days ago. Funny we are paying for cars we have yet to see. I think there is something wrong with us. :D