Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My status update for blue exterior / black interior / AWD / 19" wheels / no FSD...

It had been a few days with no news from Tesla and since they already have my money and since I'm paying interest and insurance already, I sent an email to the 4 Tesla agents that had been copied on previous correspondences. I asked if it would be delivered in time to use for my mid-July road trip. That was yesterday. This morning I got a call from a rep at the Houston-North service center. She didn't have a specific delivery date but told me the vehicle was en-route to Arkansas and from there it would be trucked to Houston. About and hour later I got a text inviting me to schedule a pick-up. The available dates were June 15-18. Here's my timeline:

Feb 23 2020: Placed order
Apr 3: First email from a Tesla agent
May 1: Account transferred to new Tesla agent
May 26: VIN assigned, payments made by myself and creditor
June 2: Proof of insurance with VIN provided (took Allstate a week to update my policy and it was expensive)
June 4: Pick-up scheduled for June 15

On another note, I asked if a NEMA 14-50 adapter would be included. The agent said no and recommended I purchase one from the service center when I pick up the car.

Like any company out there you will find good and bad experiences when dealing with Tesla. Mostly their communication sucks but you will find some that really try and almost make up for the bad. Brandon at Tesla Plano invites you to call anytime no matter how small the question. He also says the cars are sent in batches to different regions depending on the transports. So if you ordered one of the popular ones like Performance/white interior, someone who ordered after you and wanted just grey/black AWD may get theirs before you. He said Texas is getting major shipments in 3rd and 4th week of June so hopefully our cars are included in that, although i have no VIN as yet and ordered march 2019. In the 2 years I have owned a Model 3 I can honestly say Tesla have been awesome about service. When they replaced my steering stalks in Mobile service, I mentioned the back seat was a little thin. I have an early VIN and they upgraded the seats in the later VIN's. 1 month later I got a call to say they are replacing the seat. Yes the delivery process is awful and their communication with their best asset, eager customers, sucks, the cars make up for some of it and the good people that you will find make up for the rest. I have not had any serious issue with the Model 3 and look forward to the same with the Model Y. To coin a phrase, your joy with this awesome car will continue long after the pain of waiting and poor service is forgotten.
Now deliver my damn car!

Has/Is anyone received/receiving any white interiors in TX?
I am also waiting for white interior. If you look at the spreadsheet only about 4 or 5 white interiors have been delivered. It is probably why they are delayed. The rep told me that they do see more white interiors being released and they expect some in the next Texas batch 3rd and 4th week of June.

I called the North Houston delivery center today and literally a minute after that the Nevada folks e-mailed me confirmation my paper work is complete and my car is on the way. The local delivery center guy said the car is in Nebraska right now and his estimate at this point is it is 5-7 days away. So this is better than the original date of the 21st I was given before. He is putting in the request for my temporary plates today and said to give it a few more days and he should have a more definitive date for delivery. The local guy had complete visibility to all the correspondence on my account so checking with them can't hurt. I plan on calling my guy back on Monday for an update. In the mean time my charger gets installed this weekend, so that is perfect timing. So, I'm starting to get excited to have my car here. Now comes all the post delivery stuff: PPF, accessories, etc.

I might do that. My tentative date is the 13th.

I called the North Houston delivery center today and literally a minute after that the Nevada folks e-mailed me confirmation my paper work is complete and my car is on the way. The local delivery center guy said the car is in Nebraska right now and his estimate at this point is it is 5-7 days away. So this is better than the original date of the 21st I was given before. He is putting in the request for my temporary plates today and said to give it a few more days and he should have a more definitive date for delivery. The local guy had complete visibility to all the correspondence on my account so checking with them can't hurt. I plan on calling my guy back on Monday for an update. In the mean time my charger gets installed this weekend, so that is perfect timing. So, I'm starting to get excited to have my car here. Now comes all the post delivery stuff: PPF, accessories, etc.

North Houston is also my delivery center - I have no date or VIN despite ordering back in October (and it's my second Tesla). How did you get through to the right person at the service center? I never seem to have any luck...

I am also waiting for white interior. If you look at the spreadsheet only about 4 or 5 white interiors have been delivered. It is probably why they are delayed. The rep told me that they do see more white interiors being released and they expect some in the next Texas batch 3rd and 4th week of June.
Hoping I get it during that run. I ordered a white on white and still waiting on a VIN assignment.
Hope I get lucky

North Houston is also my delivery center - I have no date or VIN despite ordering back in October (and it's my second Tesla). How did you get through to the right person at the service center? I never seem to have any luck...
I call the number for the service center 281-982-7130 and take the option #4 for questions on the arrival of your car. It will connect you to the delivery team there. I've talked to several different people and have been e-mailed by them too. So far they have all been very nice. They really can't do much until you get further down the process. Having a VIN helps but they can look up the order by reservation number. Keep in mind they are just now delivering my car and I ordered 6 months before you did. Unfortunately Tesla isn't always honoring the date you placed the order. No one seems to know or understand the delivery process because it doesn't follow any discernible pattern. I do know they produce the cars in batches of similar configurations but how those vehicles are assigned to an order after that is a mystery.

We also have Allstate in Texas. Can you give us a feel for the Model Y Allstate rate?
About $1100 for 6 mo. I asked for minimal coverage that will meet lender requirements. Policy includes $1k deductibles for collision and other than collision. This is my 4th car on the policy. I have two teenagers (one boy, one girl) on my policy, but both of them are listed as driving this car 0% of the time. I estimated the average drive distance per year at less than 10k mi. and the type of driving is stated as "3-9 miles to work/school with no unmarried driver under 25". I live and work in Houston. We have made no claims and been in no accidents in the last 5+ years. I had one speeding ticket about 3 years ago. Credit score around 800. I'd be interested to see others' insurance costs and details if you're willing to share.

Took delivery yesterday in Dallas. Smooth process. Only very minor quality issues.

Attachments

• 89A39C77-984D-4CF7-A915-F24B0D3CBB30.jpeg
    89A39C77-984D-4CF7-A915-F24B0D3CBB30.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: empiredown
Got mine delivery yesterday, minor issues! Trunk alignment was the only serious thing that I saw off but does not affect functionality at all. Minor scratch (<0.25") on the trim. A few smudges on the upholstery but they cleaned those right off.

If you guys are from Houston, just made @HoustonTeslas on facebook.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 76
I live in San Antonio
Ordered Blue/Black AWD with Tow hitch in Feb.
Received MVPA on 5/29.
Funded and uploaded insurance docs on 6/1.
I was told yesterday that the car hasn't moved yet. But was told today that is has left the factory.
I still haven't received a delivery date.

My status update for blue exterior / black interior / AWD / 19" wheels / no FSD...

It had been a few days with no news from Tesla and since they already have my money and since I'm paying interest and insurance already, I sent an email to the 4 Tesla agents that had been copied on previous correspondences. I asked if it would be delivered in time to use for my mid-July road trip. That was yesterday. This morning I got a call from a rep at the Houston-North service center. She didn't have a specific delivery date but told me the vehicle was en-route to Arkansas and from there it would be trucked to Houston. About and hour later I got a text inviting me to schedule a pick-up. The available dates were June 15-18. Here's my timeline:

Feb 23 2020: Placed order
Apr 3: First email from a Tesla agent
May 1: Account transferred to new Tesla agent
May 26: VIN assigned, payments made by myself and creditor
June 2: Proof of insurance with VIN provided (took Allstate a week to update my policy and it was expensive)
June 4: Pick-up scheduled for June 15

On another note, I asked if a NEMA 14-50 adapter would be included. The agent said no and recommended I purchase one from the service center when I pick up the car.

E Bear, thanks for this. I still have not been told a delivery date. My MY seems to be tracking similar to yours. So hopefully the delivery date will be similar.

E-mailed my delivery team to check on my delivery date and I still don't have a firm one set. My account page says 6/13 but they told me to ignore that. My car is on a train in an Arkansas rail terminal and will be off loaded and trucked to Houston. They said they would call when it is on the truck and we will set the delivery date then. Slowly but surely I'll be getting my car soon. Had my charger installed this weekend and I'm still getting quotes for PPF and tinting. I have a big box of stuff to install once it gets here as I've been ordering goodies for the last couple of weeks. Tick tock tick tock.o_O

E-mailed my delivery team to check on my delivery date and I still don't have a firm one set. My account page says 6/13 but they told me to ignore that. My car is on a train in an Arkansas rail terminal and will be off loaded and trucked to Houston. They said they would call when it is on the truck and we will set the delivery date then. Slowly but surely I'll be getting my car soon. Had my charger installed this weekend and I'm still getting quotes for PPF and tinting. I have a big box of stuff to install once it gets here as I've been ordering goodies for the last couple of weeks. Tick tock tick tock.o_O

I think my car is on the same train. That’s the same update I got from them Friday. She seemed to think I’d be able to take delivery before Saturday. ‍♂️

I think my car is on the same train. That’s the same update I got from them Friday. She seemed to think I’d be able to take delivery before Saturday. ‍♂️
Probably so. They gave me the impression it could be a 2-5 days, just depending on how fast they unload the train. He said that could be from 4 hours to 2 days. I would imagine the truck won't take more than a day once it gets on the road. I'm hoping they get it in the next few days and then take a day or so doing the make ready/quality checks and fixes (if they do that). Fingers crossed.

I call the number for the service center 281-982-7130 and take the option #4 for questions on the arrival of your car. It will connect you to the delivery team there. I've talked to several different people and have been e-mailed by them too. So far they have all been very nice. They really can't do much until you get further down the process. Having a VIN helps but they can look up the order by reservation number. Keep in mind they are just now delivering my car and I ordered 6 months before you did. Unfortunately Tesla isn't always honoring the date you placed the order. No one seems to know or understand the delivery process because it doesn't follow any discernible pattern. I do know they produce the cars in batches of similar configurations but how those vehicles are assigned to an order after that is a mystery.

Thank you! I did that yesterday and the folks in North Houston were super helpful. We talked about adding Homelink (suggested scheduling mobile service once I have the car unlike my 3 which I had to bring there), and when he looked up my order he said I'm likely still idle from October because I have a white interior, but hopefully they will ramp up on those soon. Our 3 is white/white so I know what I'm getting and it's totally worth the wait for me :) Anyway, thanks for the number info etc. Worked like a charm!