Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Registration/Plates - Lease Model 3 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
took delivery of my Model 3 june 1, 2021...it is now oct. 3, 2021....i have still not received my plates and inspection sticker to date....so it has been 3 months.....has anyone had this problem....and of course there is no help or communication with anyone from Tesla other than they are still working on it.....no one will let me speak and or email someone in this department.....so frustrating and also illegal in texas to drive an unregistered car past the 60 day deadline

We received a FedEx packet from Tesla about 10 days after week took delivery. Our delivery was Sep 11th. The packet has everything needed for registration, but getting an appointment at the Austin tax office (no walk ins allowed due to C19) seems impossible. There are zero appointments available all the way through the end of Oct.

There was an article recently about the Austin tax office having 60K license/registration backlog with their indicating that they were going to send a letter to APD about not enforcing. Why that had not alread been done given the situation is frustrating.

Our temporary registration expires on Oct 4th. I requested a temporary registration extension from Tesla ... just call the general number, follow the voice prompt for cars and speak with the first Tesla person you can get on the phone. The service or delivery advisor model at Tesla is broken and largely unresponsive, but I've found that just going in to the standard queue gets me to someone that I can -- at least -- talk to. Now, it remains to be seen if there is any follow through and I actually get a temporary tag extension! ;)

Reactions: GeoG
We received a FedEx packet from Tesla about 10 days after week took delivery. Our delivery was Sep 11th. The packet has everything needed for registration, but getting an appointment at the Austin tax office (no walk ins allowed due to C19) seems impossible. There are zero appointments available all the way through the end of Oct.

There was an article recently about the Austin tax office having 60K license/registration backlog with their indicating that they were going to send a letter to APD about not enforcing. Why that had not alread been done given the situation is frustrating.

Our temporary registration expires on Oct 4th. I requested a temporary registration extension from Tesla ... just call the general number, follow the voice prompt for cars and speak with the first Tesla person you can get on the phone. The service or delivery advisor model at Tesla is broken and largely unresponsive, but I've found that just going in to the standard queue gets me to someone that I can -- at least -- talk to. Now, it remains to be seen if there is any follow through and I actually get a temporary tag extension! ;)
I got my FedEx package yesterday. 20 days after pickup. Walked into the tag office and walked out in 10 minutes with all tag and registration in hand. Perks of living in a city with just under 50k population. Lol.

• Funny
Reactions: M-S-M