Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll need to contact or look up the permitting authorities for George West, Three Rivers, Corpus, Robstown and Harlingen. I don't know if anyone is sleuthing those "pins" very actively yet.
Also Bexar County and/or San Antonio but someone may be keeping an eye out for that one!
I am watching as far south as Victoria but that wouldn't qualify as south of San Marcos I don't believe.

I am trying to follow the progress of any of the superchargers south of San Marcos. All I can find are the markers on the 2015 map and no specifics. Is there a place or a link I can do that?
This would be the place, but no one here knows anything yet. As the pins are on the 2015 map (which means opening anticipated by Dec. 31, 2015) but aren't on the coming soon map, it's unlikely that any construction is imminent.

This would be the place, but no one here knows anything yet. As the pins are on the 2015 map (which means opening anticipated by Dec. 31, 2015) but aren't on the coming soon map, it's unlikely that any construction is imminent.

Being on the 2015 map doesn't mean the SC will open by year end. It's almost like the marketing department makes the maps, and the department that actually installs the superchargers is located in a different city and they don't know each other's phone number. Amarillo was on the 2014 map. We are now on the opening soon map, which is a stand in for "we had it on last years map but still haven't even started ".

Being on the 2015 map doesn't mean the SC will open by year end. It's almost like the marketing department makes the maps, and the department that actually installs the superchargers is located in a different city and they don't know each other's phone number. Amarillo was on the 2014 map. We are now on the opening soon map, which is a stand in for "we had it on last years map but still haven't even started ".
I didn't say it will open by year end, I said opening anticipated by year end. Someone thought that at the time the map was made. It may not happen, but I do think the vast majority of sites on the 2014 map did open by the end of 2014 (Amarillo excepted).

On a trip today I checked with Tesla before departing for Houston and they said 2B at Corsicana was down. Upon arriving I found a different sort of ICE stunt:

Attachments

• IMG_5441.JPG
    IMG_5441.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 355
On a trip today I checked with Tesla before departing for Houston and they said 2B at Corsicana was down. Upon arriving I found a different sort of ICE stunt:

Yeah, it's been there for weeks. Luckily, it's only blocking three stalls. Also, if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction, it's quite unpleasant. I think they hit a sewer line, or something along with the power to the Superchargers. We just used 3A a few weeks ago.

It wouldn't hurt to add a SC as far south as Rosenberg given the number of Teslas in the Sugar Land area. I would be more elated to see one in Victoria though. There aren't enough chargers to safely drive from Houston to Corpus Christi tourist spots.

It wouldn't hurt to add a SC as far south as Rosenberg given the number of Teslas in the Sugar Land area. I would be more elated to see one in Victoria though. There aren't enough chargers to safely drive from Houston to Corpus Christi tourist spots.

Victoria, being reachable from Columbus SC, might very well and justifiably be deployed before Rosenberg. Corpus probably will be of limited use before either Victoria or Three Rivers is online. And TR will likely depend on South San Antonio.

Last edited:
I can't let a discussion of a SuperCharger in Victoria go by without putting in my own 2 cents. I just drove to Corpus and back from Houston. On the trip south, I had to stop at Columbus because I didn't start with a full charge in Houston. I made the northbound trip without stopping, but only because I had a tailwind. Seeing projected % remaining in the single digits the whole way was very stressful given I had my wife and child in the car.

BTW, my father was a flight engineer in the Navy. When I described my range anxiety to him and how wind direction and speed factored in, he said, "You need an airspeed indicator." Think about it. If the car could compare its ground speed to the wind speed, it could then determine if it has a tailwind or headwind and make smarter energy consumption projections. Neat, eh?