Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Hope everyone is having a safe Labor Day weekend. I drive a 2023 Model Y and recently, when driving and receiving a text message, via audio, it is reciting all the heading information vs before it was strictly the name of the sender and the message. Now, for example, it includes the phone numbers, a jgp extension number, etc. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Does anyone know how to disengage or eliminate this? TIA.

My guess is you have an Android device and your stock Messages app is using RCS. This is a known issue that seems to affect all Android phones running the new RCS standard that recently replaced the outgoing SMS protocol that Tesla coded for. Tesla needs to fix this via firmware because it's the new standard for text messaging and isn't going anywhere. There's threads about this issue already with lots of details so I won't get into too much detail here. I'd seek those other conversations out on the same topic if you want more info.

Upvote 0
My guess is you have an Android device and your stock Messages app is using RCS. This is a known issue that seems to affect all Android phones running the new RCS standard that recently replaced the outgoing SMS protocol that Tesla coded for. Tesla needs to fix this via firmware because it's the new standard for text messaging and isn't going anywhere. There's threads about this issue already with lots of details so I won't get into too much detail here. I'd seek those other conversations out on the same topic if you want more info.
Thank you for the reply!

Upvote 0