Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else had a text from Tesla saying thanks for dropping your car off?

Just had this:

"Thank you for dropping off your car. We will continue to send you updates. You can also follow repair status in the Tesla App. Reply "STOP" to stop updates. Msg & Data rates may apply."

I still have my car and have not put it in for a repair... mistake or some kind of scam?

Just had 2 more texts:

"Your car is ready for pick-up at Tesla Service Milton Keynes Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00. "

OK its not a scam because the app has also informed me of this as well now....

Never been to Milton Keynes and still have my car. :-/

Anyone else had a text from Tesla saying thanks for dropping your car off?

Just had this:

"Thank you for dropping off your car. We will continue to send you updates. You can also follow repair status in the Tesla App. Reply "STOP" to stop updates. Msg & Data rates may apply."

I still have my car and have not put it in for a repair... mistake or some kind of scam?

Scam or just another Tesla communications error.

So I have managed to find the invoice on the app, couldn't find it on the website.

Thankfully i've not been billed anything haha.

The invoice states "Numberplate fitting rectification"

I am curious if they made a mistake with the Reg and fixed it remotely? Would be nice if they told me some info.

Their systems are somewhat random. I got a ‘your car is ready for collection’ message months after I’d had a ‘while you wait’ visit to an SC. When I queried it I was told that it was automatically generated when they (finally) closed the job!