Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text messaging is supported on iOS 13/An…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of a sudden, I can't seem to receive or send messages. When I attempt to send them, I get the message "Text messaging is supported on iOS 13/An…". My iPhone 7 Plus is currently running iOS 15 so I wouldn't think it'd be a problem. Thoughts?

TIA,
David

IMG_6875.jpg

Well, other than removing the connection on both ends (delete the bluetooth connection on the phone to the car, and delete the bluetooth connection in the car to the phone) and re-pairing them, I dont have any other suggestions.

Go to the Bluetooth setting on iPhone. Settings>Bluetooth>Tesla then turn in show notifications.
Does this really work? I checked & mine is on but I’m still getting that same error message above. This all happened after I just did the most recent iOS 15 update. Can’t get text messaging in my car anymore. I had no problem before. Uugh! I might try resetting my car next.

I got the same error message. You need to tap the "info" button next to Tesla in iPhone. Settings>Bluetooth>Tesla. Then it works just fine for incoming and outgoing texts. Now, if Tesla would only enable my heated steering wheel... it's getting cold.

Does this really work? I checked & mine is on but I’m still getting that same error message above. This all happened after I just did the most recent iOS 15 update. Can’t get text messaging in my car anymore. I had no problem before. Uugh! I might try resetting my car next.
I can’t get my text messaging to work either. I’ve got a brand new model three iPhone 12 and just updated the OS to 15. I tried restarting the phone and turning on notifications and Bluetooth info for model three but no luck. How do I reset the car?

Go to the Bluetooth setting on iPhone. Settings>Bluetooth>Tesla then turn in show notifications.
This worked for me. I had to disconnect and connect again after changing this setting, but it started working on my iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15 after this change. Don’t forget the device. Just disconnect and reconnect. Hope this helps…

Still have intermittent texting. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes I get the "Text messaging is supported on iOS13/Android v9 (or above)."

I'm currently running Android 12, but had the same problem on 11. When it won't let me send it also won't receive a text. When it works it works both ways perfectly. I've covered all the permissions on my phone, but if the problem were there I wouldn't think it would work sometimes, sometimes not.

All of a sudden, I can't seem to receive or send messages. When I attempt to send them, I get the message "Text messaging is supported on iOS 13/An…". My iPhone 7 Plus is currently running iOS 15 so I wouldn't think it'd be a problem. Thoughts?

TIA,
David

View attachment 716692
Still have intermittent texting. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes I get the "Text messaging is supported on iOS13/Android v9 (or above)."

I'm currently running Android 12, but had the same problem on 11. When it won't let me send it also won't receive a text. When it works it works both ways perfectly. I've covered all the permissions on my phone, but if the problem were there I wouldn't think it would work sometimes, sometimes not.
Go under driver profile, then click on the tiny Bluetooth symbol in the corner of the screen, then click sync messages. It fixed our issue hope this helps.